Cpt.Yarrr

Cyclones, we love 'm!

Please add more often and stronger winds. Seriously, once each 5 mins can't hardly be enough, let alone 60 per 20 mins and in each tropical rain.

Perhaps they are the ones needing lasershooting lightningbolts, how about that?

Oh and when you're on the subject dear devs, please make them available on land too. Players might just miss them when they go afk 2 mins for a toiletbreak

We want more cyclones! WoooooooTTTT!!!

• Haha 2

Why stop with lasers?!? We have cyclones! We have sharks! I’m not a programmer but I bet it’s super easy to have some shark spawn in and fly out of a good old fashion Sharknado!

• Haha 3

They should zap you like the Kraken tentacles and flying sharks?  BRING IT ON!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gomez Addams said:

Why stop with lasers?!? We have cyclones! We have sharks! I’m not a programmer but I bet it’s super easy to have some shark spawn in and fly out of a good old fashion Sharknado!

Dont stop there! Put the lasers on the sharks!

• Haha 2

i dont see whats the problem with them, tornados make the sailing less tedious and boring, they dont fix it but at least sailing with them is less of a sleep narcotic, last time i logged in i was literally Alt+TAB-ed watching some anime while sailing to my destination, thats how freaking boring sailing is in this "pirate game"

Edited by The D Legacy

2 hours ago, Gindorf said:

Dont stop there! Put the lasers on the sharks!

Oh, you just brought an idea on the table here.

Mythossaddles with lasercanons for crabs?

• Like 1

The island I’m on has tornadoes on the beach covering our entire shipyard and harbour. Fun times!

9 minutes ago, Voromja said:

The island I’m on has tornadoes on the beach covering our entire shipyard and harbour. Fun times!

When you see them incoming, look the other way. They vanish untill you look again 😉 

• Sad 1

The last thing we need is more bugged content if a cyclone hits your ship while it's still then you won't be able to move whatsoever until someone rams you

Not bad if you haven't got a full ship, you can dodge and weave but get close to full and you are hoping for the best.

I had a galleon full to max once, I took the risk but cyclones struck couple of times. Just have to repair if you can, not easy if solo though running around all time.

I wouldn't even mind.  In my zone, E4, it doesn't even rain.  Honestly when was the last time you died from a cyclone?  Really the most annoying thing is the wind changing directions.  In my schooner I just sail through the actual cyclones.  Really the only scary part is if you run into a pack of orange\red SotD or fog that risks you running aground.

I personally would like to see storm as a moving local area in the grid.

- It affects ocean (strong winds damaging full sails), debris (damaging pathfinder and crew), lightning (damaging sails) and huge single funnel in center, which severely damaging everything and can even destroy a ship.

- It affects land (damaging pathfinder and tames).

- It visible and predictable (st. Elmos flares warn us), also before we cross we see it behind the border.

And our goal would be avoid danger zone at all cost, and if we can't - we should survive. Park our ship near island, hide in a ship hold, and wait until it deadly eye of storm will pass by. We also should take a shelter in a land.

Right now we just have to play "lazy pacman" with spawning tornadoes - it's... well it's even not scary at all. Mostly annoying.

But anyway - I'm glad that open sea provide us at least some challenge. I only wish game move from: "So many efforts - so little reward" - to more rewarding state. And sailing through current version of storm would at least give our ship more XP...