i spent a total of 10 hours searching in polar regions for a sperm whale and cant find one anywhere is anyone else having this problem  i feel that in that time i should have seen at least on especially when i was the only one in the servers i was in most of the time it was never like this before the spawn rates are crap right now

Occasionally i used experience lulls, bad luck or possibly just happen to be tailing others resulting in missing them.

Then id hit runs where i pulled 6 consectively in a tile...yes 6 once and 2 or 3 many times...

Also,since island upkeep was so much, i used to ALWAYS rotate into blue whale territory so dunno if that made a difference. 

Last thing was i don't think i ever followed the same pattern twice..

Only tidbits i have regarding methods..

That being said perhaps the servers need a reboot or as you said the rates need adjusting or 3rd possibility is the new map has fewer whales. Not playing so far this season so i have no current data to offer, sorry.

Since the game is in pre-release at a certain point a bug ticket may be understandable but I'm not sure exactly where the threshold is

GL

We done both. Check polar. Right now in polar there are both type of whales. In Tundra - just blue one.

We checked polar, and keep asking in chat for "aggressive" whale. In one grid a player told that he saw one just one grid away and wished us luck and happy hunting. In half of hour we were on our way back to base with mission complete : )

Hello!
I have the same problem. I have been searching for sperm whales in the polar regions for over 18 hours now and could not find a single one.
I have also written a bug report here.
Many greetings!