Sign in to follow this  
DaringClarky

Ways to hide your base in PVP?

Im new to the pvp and worried about offline raiding.

However with that said, i figure i’ll just get stuck in and give this a go.

Before i spend many hours gathering a hoard of loot. Does anybody have tips for hiding my base? Is it possible? Even if its just a tiny 4x4 with a chest full of gold.

Im a solo and im all for the solo life so i accept ill only likely be sailing sloops. However i can just rebuild these and off I go. But i need a solid plan for a place to stash my loot.

Any tips?

Low profile, not visible from the sea.  Keep a cache hidden well away from the base cuz it will eventually get cracked.  Don't chatter too much in world chat. 

Simple answer is PvE. That's why most of us play PvE so we can keep our stuff. I play solo and wouldn't dream of playing PvP, it's for megas. If you really want to play PvP then I would join a mega that is the only way you survive but it's not foe me. Why should we be forced into megas.

• Like 1

This is a pirate game not made for pve mostly PvP and it is not made for solo players

First of all i'd like to point out that unless you start Atlas with other people then you always start out solo. Secondly there are a lot of ways of making your base less detectable, although it will now be tougher with a smaller map. but if you look for long enough you will find places that aren't easy to see or stumble on, but in an exploration game no matter how well you hide, your base will be discovered eventually.

Edited by Whitehawk
  • Like 2

One time I played solo and had a 2x2 that I built on a cliff side on a temperate island about 60ft from the ground. There were a couple tall trees that were just below and their branches covered it up. Couldn't see it at all. No one ever found it. It was my raid base. Nice thing was that there weren't any good resources near it so no one ever came near it.

• Like 1

This comes from an idea I had to keep sharks from attacking me while trying to make an ice box at the bottom of the ocean.  I just built a 1x1 tunnel going down all the way to the sea floor.  Then I put the ice chest in there.  I would just swim down and collect ice and bring it back up.  It worked great before they patched that method of ice collection.  If you didn't make the tunnel all the way to the top of the water it wouldn't be visible unless there were big swells.  Even then you make it far enough down and it won't really be visible from the surface.  Yeah there's the off chance someone would find it with a sub but maybe if you didn't build it near any island less of a chance. 

Not fully supportable for a main base but as a cache it might work.  Also along the same lines make the cache really high up in a pain in the ass place to get to.  So people won't even want to go through the hassle.  Probably also a pain in the ass for you though.

Edited by McDangles

Just gonna throw this out there: maybe posting your tips on super secret bases on a general forum open to the public, is NOT such a good idea?

You know other people can read this and use it to help them find super secret bases to raid , right? lol

A mechanic to be aware of.. Still current as of 3rd season in June..

Every time you log into your hidden base the island owner will get a message "Jim Bob Mcgee just settled in your territory..."

I think it had grid coordinates also if i remember correctly.. Atleast it used to on PVE...

Maybe somebody can state the exact, current status and message trigger mechanism better?

Perhaps logging in/ out on a ship wont send out the broadcast...?

If you play solo PvP I would contact the island owner, build small and slow and have multiple small bases for redundancy or utilize Freeport method. Figured you should know so you don't start banging you head against a wall wondering how they know...😉

Edited by Ranger1k