Sign in to follow this  
go atlas go

about the exp and the yeti bug

Is it possible to report a bug so that you don't have to hand over the profits you've already made after using it?

so many ppl use this to get high LV,if dont roll back,how to play for the new player????

They did not roll back the levels of those that were blatantly abusing the exploit. So, i think you are fine.

The Yeti bug basically broke season 4 in my opinion.  It's given an overwhelming advantage to a few players.  I'd be happy if they reduced everyones XP back to zero and started over. 

The entire restart of the maps was ill conceived, poorly planned and executed.  We still have fiber that isn't mapped properly and MANY resources that are simply unfarmable (trees that don't register hits, rocks that produce no resources).

Edited by Pattus
more data

the yeti thing needs to be fixed ASAP. the simple fact that the caves are located so close to each other makes it too easy for a few to lock everyone out while they exploit it. yes you can still exploit this event and it is going on all day and all night. it would be nice if those of us that want to do it legit could at least get a chance to do it. 

Nice job on fixing a few of the glitches but there is still ways to Cheese this. 

The devs have historically been exceptionally bad at dealing with these kind of issues. The dupe bug from season 1, guilotine season 2, exp cave season 3 and yeti this season. With the season 2 guilotine bug they could have just disabled the guilotine until they got a fix, instead they left it in for weeks.

Its like theres one person in their office that have balls to make a call and he only show up once a month and meanwhile all the other devs just sit around like a bunch of clueless kids rearranging islands.

You really need to hurry up and do the roll back everyday that goes by the groups that exploited continue to profit from thier high levels. 

Started season 4 with 15-20 active members. a slow start for our company taking a week or so to get a few members all the power stones and kraken fight. after sailing to 100 different islands and completing kraken i was lvl 60, joined into a alliance to fight yeti easy then hard and after completing those 2 fights i am lvl 84. i dont understand  "exploiting the yeti" (wtf is exploiting the yeti anyways? do you people not know about ark and how you can do boss fights over and over for element as well as lock down and block boss terminal, IS THIS GAME NOT BUILT OFF THE ARK ENGINE?) so i work my ass off and do everything legit so i can have some solo hermit player complain about division of labor and get everyone rolled back. and to those who could not do this you fail at one of the biggest aspect of the game. COMMUNICATION and NETWORKING.

edit: so now that the players have been rolled back to lvl 80 what about all the crafted parts by those lvl 120 players they get to keep these max crafted parts dominating the battlefield.why are you not allowing other players to have equipment that equals theirs? if you are not going to wipe the servers entirely and everyone goes back to zero you only hurt the player base overall.

edit2:  go back to your pve server please

Edited by Genghis Khan
  • Like 1

To clarify this for all that don't know the bug:

The bug is that only 1 person went into the arena and activate the yeti boss fight. This person is dying directly and every one who is on the outside of the arena gate gets the skills and the XP because the engine makes from this loose a boss kill...

Considering the distance between the caves it was possible to abuse this exploit several time and with different players dying for the rest.

This was or is maybe still possible outside of the kraken fight.

As Genghis Khan mentioned it is possible to use the yeti fight to level up fast because this fight is the only way to get from lvl 90 to 120. kraken and treasure Xp will not help there anymore.

You do the power stones(each +40 disc points), get some more island discoverys , kill the two whales , kill the kraken when you have all power stones (+200 disc points). With this i confirm you are save to ~lvl 60. Your max level is about 90. You can go on and make the essence points which are much easier than power stones -> max lvl about 110.

With something about 410-414 disc points you get the "veteran explorer" skill which makes life in atlas much more easy. Combine this with harvest boost and you are quite happy again.

This is what the comunity wanted and the developers gave us (for PvP) to reduce the grind and get faster in combat because everything is much more easy with higher level.

So in general if you focus on this next to base building and harbor defence(still to much in my opinion) You need about 4-5 days for level 90 with out using yeti exploit. But what you need is a team and maybe some more allies to have about 30-40 players for yeti fight.

For example i was lvl 39 when killing the yeti(ultimate endgame boss) and got to Lvl 84. As sayed only possible with very good teamplay. Besides i started with a small group of less than 10 Players and we got wiped after two days(building + fighting the invador). Logical consequence was to merge with a larger group of our allies from season 3. The time has changed and you can't have a complete grid on offi PvP with 10 players tribe.

So to get back to the exploit: It is fixed and you don't get XP or skill outside the arena. Funy thing to mention is yeti v2 does not give any advantage in XP earned and gives the same skills. But you may get better loot from the body.(i died in the fight as it is more difficult^^-> blame the "ally" that started v2 instead of agreed v1)

Now there have passed some weeks already i think there is barely an explanation to set everybody back to lvl 80.

Also the items that they may crafted you have to think about how many blue prints and 6x/5x ress could they farm/grind that make them overpowered? In the first week i did only see standard ships.(EU PvP) Maybe NA is different as EU seams to have no megas above 100 players so far.

There where some good ideas to lower the quality given between standard and mystical blue prints(my opinion max 200% buff). Ships like the Snowflake(Chuckle brother -> 1up) with canons ~320% should belong to the past . Also those brigs with 16k gun ports and 9k planks.

The developers should spend their atention to remove barrel duping and fixing other bugs. For example wrong resources shown and given. Make every resource possible to harvest on the map somewhere. Thin about different claim system that reduces the amount of base defence and habor defence parts players have to place for some protection. Adjust the overpowered horse canon tames or change the barrel gliding that forces every PvP player on islands with high pillars to build the base on it.(Just read PVE where they asked what this damn pillars are good for/somebody complained about flags can't be contested on pillars) Also the loot system is very bad right now. You can't find good large sails or medium ship planks above 160% but you still get gunports up to 250%?

Edited by Nacona
  • Like 1