MasnyCiul

My ship sank

I just started with friend we build i don't know something bigger we just stop in spawn and go sleep, when we woke up our ship was removed from the comapny, can some one tell me what's going on?

25 minutes ago, MasnyCiul said:

I just started with friend we build i don't know something bigger we just stop in spawn and go sleep, when we woke up our ship was removed from the comapny, can some one tell me what's going on?

Dude we’re you still in the Freeport? You have 8 hours to get that thing out of there before it sinks. Who knows with the way this horrible dev team works it might even be two hours by now so if I were you I wouldn’t even plan a family dinner until you are completely done with this game.

• Like 1

I think there is a few other options than auto decay. In another post I can't find right now, but I found it after my own ship sank, someone said that the trolls are going around over burdening ships to cause them to sink. Also I noticed a lot of damage on my new ship and i repaired everything I could, and checked again today, and more damage = some weird ass game mechanic just killing ships for no aparent reason (my ship rn is just anchored near an island, and i haven't seen any sharks or anything hitting it so...
Further details: I'm on pve so I'd assume nothing like enemy players sailing up and unloading cannon fire is causing this.

P.s. Uhh is there offline damage protection like in ark?

P.S.s. ERhmm I should probably mention to op that I am also new to this.

Oh another possibility, cause one time my tribe mate jumped on the ship and started doing things and the heart icon in the top right started flashing red, and I looked into the ships inventory with f and the weight was over its specified max... so I think they can sink from being over burdened but it apparently isn't instantaneous.

Too much crew also dont forget...

For some reason regardless if its a human, a bird or an elephant, etc they all count as 1 crew slot.. Go above the crew limit and the ship will start taking damage..

Atleast thats how it was when i still played... Im assuming it hasn't changed.

On Atlas a cat burdens a ship the same as an elephant via the crew limit mechanic, just a reminder for your troubleshooting..

This is aside from weight which i think does vary by creature but i never measured the specifics

Edited by Ranger1k

13 minutes ago, Ranger1k said:

For some reason regardless if its a human, a bird or an elephant, etc they all count as 1 crew slot.. Go above the crew limit and the ship will start taking damage..

On Atlas a cat burdens a ship the same as an elephant via the crew limit mechanic, just a reminder for your troubleshooting..

Yeah and don’t forget that even a rogue “wild” bird that gets caught under your boat actually counts, even if it is not your and is wild. Yeah that pissed me off one day.

Ahhahaha... Lol 🤣

Don't completely agree w trashing the devs

BUT

The second part about don't plan dinner is friggen hilarious. Lol

30 minutes ago, Ranger1k said:

This is aside from weight which i think does vary by creature but i never measured the specifics

Last thing also.. Pretty sure if you take a shoulder pet off your shoulder while on board the ship (via sleeping possibly) a crew member gets added to the count...

Lol

I think that happened to me on my first build now that you mention it... Bet thats it.

2 hours ago, George Catcher said:

Not sure if there is at least a single person who didn't lost his ship to a freeport : ))

(Same with game glitches btw).

Yes like the bugs from day 1. Minding my own business building a schooner which took me all day back then, finally finished it but was not released. Turn my back and a green light comes close, I shout what the hell is that, people running away as it got close to shore and it just so happened it had to come close to my shipyard.

Then the cannon come raining in on my schooner which hasn't been released, nooo I'm shouting, goodbye schooner. Damn I was really mad that day.

I have lost them after that though, lost a brig to the big whale, saw nothing and came up undernearth me, wow that threw me right into the air, that was the end of my brig.

I think only ship I lost in freeport was schooner but yes I think we all lost 1 ship in a freeport 😆

I also lost a schooner in a freeport.  This was before they added the message about ship decay on the bottom of the screen.  The second schooner I lost because the shipyard was too shallow and when I released the ship it just turned into a pile of wood.  Fun times.

• Like 1

I remember i was like a few days or so into the game,  total noob, built a schooner (on someone elses shipyard mind you)... went to launch and both the ship AND the shipyard blew up.. My jaw fell on the floor 🙄

Still not positive what happened but i think i accidentally rotated the radial from launch to demo lol 😂

I farmed up a new shipyard then immediately switched to single player for a week to master  basics lol

I remember i was like a few days or so into the game,  total noob, built a schooner (on someone elses shipyard mind you)... went to launch and both the ship AND the shipyard blew up.. My jaw fell on the floor 🙄

Still not positive what happened but i think i accidentally rotated the radial from launch to demo lol 😂

I farmed up a new shipyard then immediately switched to single player for a week to master  basics lol

On 7/7/2020 at 10:26 PM, sjskdjkfa said:

...the trolls are going around over burdening ships to cause them to sink. ...

Yup, spec into weight, fill up with rocks at freeport and walk onto your ship. Perhaps Dev's could look into something to stop it?

My first time in freeport (I spawned on lawless) guy walked over 3 boats with an elephant and sank em all.

1 hour ago, Ghost Pirate LeChuck said:

I thought that was fixed? As long as your fully anchored so the anchor icon is green you shouldn't be sinkable.

Yes it was fixed a long time ago but if the ship has just pulled in I think you can overload it before it turns green, might be wrong but think you can. You do have the option to kick off the ship though but no good if you're not on it. I've never had that problem since it was fixed.