Iceguy

eliminate the survival staff

they should eliminate survival vitamins, food and thirst and focus more on a pirate game and not survival

• Sad 1

I would love love love for this system to be removed. I love in last oasis that you just manage your water, but I am ok with managing food and water.

They need to replace vitamin buffs with a food buff and a drink buff. For example you have a water that gives 10% run speed and a food that gives 10% more melee damage, but there are tons of different buffs they could add for recipes to replace the current vitamin system.

The current system is rewarding players dying to refresh their vitamins.

• Like 1

If you find the right way to deal with it - it won't be a "survival". Just a routine.

Here is my way. I got grille and food storage near, and I always face some aggressive wild fauna. So I don't even go for food hunting - I just somehow always got meat and berries. The only thing I do in purpose - is once per day go underwater to kill couple fishes (sometimes mantas drop themself to the shore).

So my food storage always full of food (food storage is one of fist skill in captaining tree. It store a food for a long time).

I do my business, and when my stomach goes less then 20%, I go there and eat:

- 5 pieces of fish.

- 5 pieces of meat.

- 25 pieces of berries.

- 25 pieces of vegis.

(If my stomach reach 0, it then 6-6-30-30 - the basic rule is 1 fish 1 meat 5 berries 5 vegis). So I even don't look at my vitamins level. It's always the same lvl and around 50%. And this is not survival feature. Just routine).

The only problem is far sea traveling when there is nothing to do, and vits lvl falls faster then food lvl. Devs could do something with it.

Imao they could improve this system with some different food combination provide some unique buffs (or debuffs if you eat it wrong).

• Like 1

Yes that sounds like sooooooo much fun eating just the right amounts of different foods on a routine basis. This is exactly why so many of us play video games, to manage our nutrition...

Lots of non survival games out there. I do wish they would add something to the medicine line that lets you make vitamins for people to eat when you are hungry. The system now is way better than it used to be though so maybe some more tweaks but it being there is fine.

• Like 1

I agree that the survival aspects atm are not right. But I personally love the survival genre and do not wish the survival elements to be removed entirely, but rather adjusted and balanced to make it more worthwhile.

• Like 1

A way to ease the vitamin issue is through having increased fortitude, getting sick of cold weather, I stuck a silly number of points into fortitude and never had to eat or drink, only dying to the world. The vitamins were still going down, but it was incredibly slow. 

try playing with the fortitude stat a bit and see what does you good. 

• Like 1

Can't remember the exact stat but i ran w high fortitude (~30-50) & high hps (150+)

Pork Pies and Monarchs Cakes. The ingredients overlap. Other than meat the ingredients come from passive tames, wheat, sugar, eggs & milk

Get a few cows for milk, thats straight forward, farm the wheat (use large plots, trust me) and do an occasional sugar haul (any sugar or sap)

Get enough chickens to make egg collection fast also getting tons of poo for fertilizer. Chicken coop-  ~25 chickens can fit in a 3x1 2walls high, open front w gate. Place ~15 on the floor, install 4 triangle shelves SEPERATED from eachother ABOVE chickens on the floor. EACH triangle holds 3 chickens one on tip and 1 on each side, which if placed properly will drop eggs into piles w floor chickens. *Dont forget to put on passive and disable group whistles

Shelf Life 14 days w preserving salt and 90ish days on ice. Eating just ONE pie and ONE cake (drink water as needed) will yield a perfectly flat vitamin bar and nutrition buff about 50% of the time. Also youll have plenty of leftovers to giveaway or barter with.

Hope that helps. Nice sidenote ZERO fish or cats required😉

Edited by Ranger1k

They should just reduce it to vitamin C and call it the scurvy meter.