Sign in to follow this  
Castiel

NPC Crew upkeep costs reduced by 84% on land

Still trying to figure out the logic behind this decision? Especially if the focus is supposed to be life at sea? 

21 minutes ago, Castiel said:

Still trying to figure out the logic behind this decision? Especially if the focus is supposed to be life at sea? 

Why are you complaining about something being cheaper? Do you want a challenge? I would need to suggest a different game I’m that case.

1 hour ago, Pooter said:

Why are you complaining about something being cheaper? Do you want a challenge? I would need to suggest a different game I’m that case. 

Was a question not a complaint however your answer was neither helpful nor useful. I'm simply looking for the logic behind this decision if their emphasis was going to be life at sea over land. Why the bigger reduction on land then at sea? So far doesn't sound like it's been a positive change

• Like 3

Not playing since the wipe but i suspect the logic was as follows...

1. More npcs at base, manning th defenses..

2. Large reserve pools for upgrades, ships lost at sea etc...

3. May tie in w the upcoming content also perhaps...

4. Sometimes npcs also make for nice decor lol...

Perhaps w more npc guards raiding might be more difficult freeing up playtime to farm, sail, explore and plan attacks/pvp.

Not here to debate it just surmising...

Poot ya might wanna dial it down a bit. 

Edited by Ranger1k

I'm hoping it ties into upcoming content however still don't see the benefit. Maybe if they limited claim size to an island maybe but seems like they just made it easier for Megas to claim up and defend all the land. Still gonna give it a shot as I enjoy game just seems like a big miss with this update

Dunno

Not discussing how to fix things unless a check clears...

GL to ya lemme know how things work out

1 hour ago, Castiel said:

Was a question not a complaint however your answer was neither helpful nor useful. I'm simply looking for the logic behind this decision if their emphasis was going to be life at sea over land. Why the bigger reduction on land then at sea? So far doesn't sound like it's been a positive change

Well cheaper is always better. They also say a lot of things and just do the opposite afterwards. They are very unethical like that. At least they haven’t gotten sued this time like they did with ark.

They have obviously done it so its cheaper to defend your base on the pvp server. I suspect with the reduced islands, perma 2x and cheap npcs in a couple of weeks you'll be happy to even get 20 fps on any island.

They should get rid of the building mechanic and change it to arks simple blocks until they can make it less laggy would be a simple fix and you can still build completely fine

3 hours ago, Pooter said:

Well cheaper is always better. They also say a lot of things and just do the opposite afterwards. They are very unethical like that. At least they haven’t gotten sued this time like they did with ark.

Cheaper is always better? And why is that? Lol

1 hour ago, Percieval said:

Cheaper is always better? And why is that? Lol

It should be pretty obvious. Companies already killed the kraken on day 1 and into the ice on day 2. Making things more expensive in no way makes the game more difficult. That is why cheaper is better. I guess now I should ask you why would it not be better? Surely you weren’t wanting things to be expensive so the difficulty would go up right? Because that wouldn’t be the case. Actually raising the difficulty would be how to go about that.

2 hours ago, Pooter said:

It should be pretty obvious. Companies already killed the kraken on day 1 and into the ice on day 2. Making things more expensive in no way makes the game more difficult. That is why cheaper is better. I guess now I should ask you why would it not be better? Surely you weren’t wanting things to be expensive so the difficulty would go up right? Because that wouldn’t be the case. Actually raising the difficulty would be how to go about that.

Alll about balancing. When they upped the tames vs aotd (S1) our gold storage went through the absolute roof, which made us able to buy a shit ton of dragons and what not. The game is extremely easy. Gally’s made by the hour, kraken V2 defeated within 36hrs, and they have made gold completely useless in this game even though it needs to balance things out in the long run. Why would you throw a system the devs were so thrilled about out of the window because some babies can’t handle a game that is just a little bit difficult? So no, I wouldn’t say cheaper is better.

I do like the whole ‘game is too easy, make the gold be easy too’ tone of you though. I mean, if you increase it, the need to set sail increases with 84%, but that wouldn’t make the game harder. It isn’t as if your chances of dying at sea increase then too... 

Edited by Percieval

15 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Alll about balancing. When they upped the tames vs aotd (S1) our gold storage went through the absolute roof, which made us able to buy a shit ton of dragons and what not. The game is extremely easy. Gally’s made by the hour, kraken V2 defeated within 36hrs, and they have made gold completely useless in this game even though it needs to balance things out in the long run. Why would you throw a system the devs were so thrilled about out of the window because some babies can’t handle a game that is just a little bit difficult? So no, I wouldn’t say cheaper is better.

I do like the whole ‘game is too easy, make the gold be easy too’ tone of you though. I mean, if you increase it, the need to set sail increases with 84%, but that wouldn’t make the game harder. It isn’t as if your chances of dying at sea increase then too... 

Lol I have died to more alphas on land than I have ships at sea. 

14 hours ago, Pooter said:

Lol I have died to more alphas on land than I have ships at sea. 

You mean in the big map where it was easy af to sail? Now there’s more people on a smaller map, ready to set sail because there aren’t many mythic gally’s yet.