Sign in to follow this  
George Catcher

The Maelstrom Feedback.

TLgVtm6.jpg

40 - Underwater construction with lantern on gives you burning eyes bloom!

Have you ever tried to build underwater during the night with lantern on? Well it looks like that:

FHlknC5.jpg

JpP5JCB.jpg

41 - Maybe to cancel unlimited visibility would be a gr8 idea?

I mean what if maximum visibility would be like that?

eLNtKeS.jpg

And it changed over time? So...

- Lighthouses will serve a purpose to guide us through mist.

- No more islands appearing from nowhere.

- I would also make with LODs all damned ships visible from all distances. So they would also appear from mist.

Really guys! Make object visibility by RENDERING DISTANCE... The WoT game from 2010 was like that and even in 2010 players complained that this game mechanic is outdated!

Yet another gr8 example of game physics works. My pathfinder stuck here:

9wJ1Y6P.jpg

And by stuck I mean STUCK! With just no way out. No climbing picks. No hook. No jumping crouching. No pet riding. Even if I log out then log in I can jump out and run freely for the 10 seconds. After that I warp back in to this slit. So only death is my way out.

And yeah... guess what sever this happened on? : )

And yeah. Huge thanks to all guys who think that cover all shoreline with foundation is a great idea! I mean I still able to find a purple bottles sometimes. But thanks to your foundations - it's like one bottle per 25 islands! All other ones buried down to your creative construction (sarcasm).

Edited by George Catcher

TLgVtm6.jpg

42 - Servers getting worse everyday.

There wont be any picture here. But I need to write about it. With more people joining official, and more ppl go to settle - lag/ping are getting worse! It's not just "somehow worse" it's a big major worse. Like my PvE I7. It was fine in the beginning. With more bases around some small ping up spikes start to occurs every 10 seconds. Now my island very populated. I've got couple monstrous bases with very complex and creative creations. Another island is probably the same.

So now my server just stops for 2 seconds every 10 seconds. If I run somewhere during this stop period, I then warp back to where I was before stops.

So seriously guys. You need to solve this one. It's your first priority. Not new content. Not a balance corrections. It's your technical core you need to deal with. Without it - anything else is just pointless.

p.s. - You introduced farmhouses. So those are:

- More buildings around islands.

- With auto resources gathering - more complex monstrous bases around.

It turned out last patch just made ping/lags dramatically worse in couple days.

• Like 1

Just before I go, I want show you what raised up last week in my island. It's just a single example what ppl do with a farmhouses and what servers can not handle.

There:

7prSgED.jpg

Now while my cannonballs are producing I wanna talk about bottles and loot.

JpP5JCB.jpg

43 - There are just no bottles around.

In the beginning we were able to take a horse, ride around the island and gather couple treasure maps the level we want from bottles. Right now - we can not do that. Because there is just no bottles around. And yesterday there were no bottles. And the day before yesterday - there were no bottles. The whole week there were no bottles. And week ago - all the same. It's a big island and I keep wasting my time riding a horse along the shore.

And I'm just saying about overall bottles. If I talk about high lvl ones (with pink aura) which I seek - it's just almost impossible to find one. Last time I was searching one I HAD TO MAKE 25 CIRCLES around 25 islands it took me half of day. And there is always risk the map will lead you to that high cliff you never climb with you tame and you also throw this away.

So what's the point of making them THAT RARE? 

So we felt lucky if we find one while doing all other business around? Well it could work if there was any business around. And it's not. It's like I sailing 6 girds searching, facing severs laggs and long monstrous bases loadings and got just NOTHING for that!

Or you just don't wanna all shores being covered by bottles with their chimes? Well there is a solution. Make them spawn way more often, and let them live for just 24 hours then despawn. I mean really guys. I've watched all series on youtube while sailing around (sailing process still that fascinating so we go alt+tab and watching youtube) searching bottles. 

We need them SPAWN MORE.

JpP5JCB.jpg

44 - Ship related loot issues.

Another problem is here. Why did you make ship related loot THAT RARE? I mean I had a plan to go some maps, get better shipyard, then build and level my better ship, hunt some damned ship get better sails and other parts. Then go high lvl content.

I've been hunting maps for a weeks now. I've done like 50+ high level maps and guess how many shipyard blueprints I've got?

0!!!

Yesterday I've done my lvl20 map. And I just threw away all loot I've got. Because I don't need any mythic hatchet, cloth gloves, TINY shipyard with 123% sturdiness (with any sturdiness I don't care, I never plan to build and level my raft or dinghy). I kept gold but I have like 40k already in my chest on base and there is just nowhere to spend it.

So there is a question. You want us to build and level ships and go high lvl content? Or not? Or you want us to watch youtube while bottles hunting for a half day, then watch youtube while saling half atlas FOR NOTHING?

We do need MORE SHIPYARD BLUERINTS.

Same with big sails. I don't know why I keep getting mortairs BPs, small and large decks, smal and large planks etc. I've got like 10 mythic planks and same with gunports blueprints already. I sunk like hundreds of damned ships. And it's just a single COMMON large sail I've got so far.

I mean you might think it's exciting game process. But I dig my 50th treasure chest in a row, throw out all useless sh*t and feels that game yet mock me again. I'm not saying you need tho get all those stuff to me right now, but... In like 50 maps and 100 damned ships I should get at least something!

...you know, sometimes I feel guilty because I actually try to play sailing game. I try to face dangers, I try to do some sea battles. I could instead just go ashore, build my monstrous 1 000 000 pieces base, then do breeding bears and don't even step out to the ocean.

Edited by George Catcher

TLgVtm6.jpg

45 - Map shows different island.

I just got to J8 to NE island Leostead Peninsula and while I was riding along shore I found that map totally doesn't follow the landscape. Sometimes in showed I'm in the ocean. Sometimes - it showed land and I saw just waters. I'm not sure if island on the map and island in the ocean are match each other. You should definitely check this one out!

6Wej5kb.jpg

Alright little update related to glitches and ping issues.

46 - All glitches happens because of player's structures.

I've beet to Goldens today and got to the grid where bunch of ppl were about to kill Hydra. And, well... there were 32 players there and ping was just fine!

cu4Crti.jpg

I mean there were small spikes of slowdowns and ping occasionally showed 70. All was fine, compared to my server PvE I7. I even was able to sunk another 10 damned ships. Yet in my server PvE I7 - all around 120 even when 6 ppl online, and every 16 seconds server just stops for 1-2 seconds. Because of that my pathfinder keep warping back if I run somewhere during stops. Somehow sky can't keep up to server time and it's daylight at 22:00 then suddenly it turns to dark night within like 0.1 sec.

Today couple of whales spawned, guys tried to kill them and because of glitches they lost their Brig.

So... all heavy glitches started when alot of big monstrous bases appeared around. So it seems players creations are the reason! So please. Do something with that. Because with more ppl to come - glitches goes heavier. It's yet playable right now but I feel soon - there will be not.

TLgVtm6.jpg

47 - Sextant minigame doesn't work in certain weather.

I've been to tropical. There were clouds in the sky. I tried to do sextant minigame and because of clouds all was just bloomy white. I couldn't see any star and light guide me to the next star. If I somehow point to the star I just see green square on white background. But if I make "sky quality" in settings low - all will be perfectly seen. And yeah - during cold fronts there are clouds at sea level. This one fog-like event. But I also can turn it off just to make "sky quality" low.

L3Twy8T.jpg

oNOTyxI.jpg

Edited by George Catcher

TLgVtm6.jpg

48 - PVE sea battles issues.

Alright I wanna talk a bit about PVE sea battles against damned ships. There are 4 issues I wanna point to.

1) - Loot.

You wanna us fight damned squads all around the world or not? Because right now... well.

- It's worthless to fight any damned schooners at all. Schooner lvl 50+ gives you common BPs and rarely low quality fine one.

- It's also worthless to fight any damned Brigs. lvl 50+ Brig gives just fine BPs and occasionally low quality journeyman one.

- The only damned ship we wanna fight are damned Galleys. And only those lvl30+

They give us some good BPs journeyman quality and all way up to masterworks. I've killed some LVL50+ galleys (up to lvl60) and never saw any blueprint higher than that. Not a single legendary. I guess it's all about Ghostship and Kraken, I dunno.

So imagine. I ride my battle Brig. And I see some green and orange squad with Schooners and Brigs. Why should I fight them? Yes I can easily destroy them. But why? 

- My Brig is at max lvl now. So no EXP for battle.

- I'll waste alot of cannonballs I created (and I have limited amount of them in my box).

- I'll waste alot of resources for maintenance (SotDs damage me anyway).

- I'll get NOTHING in reward. 

So fighting damned Schooners, Brigs and Galleys lvl1-30 is the same as if you play WoW and instead of going to raids and instances - go to Elven Forest and kills low level hogs there.

2) - Weather.

I don't know why weather like that in the game, but it's not giving us challenge. Because it's not affects damned ships, it's no point of fight them during the fog or rain. So if fog wave come I just step aside and go watch youtube and wait until fog is end. Same with storm. If it's raining - I do the same. If it's raining and tornadoes around - I just step aside and do 5 knots circles downwind.

3) - Render distance.

I see no reason for render distance of SotDs to be in the game. Just WHY?

- So players with non battle vessels would dodge suddenly appeared SotD? They will dodge them anyway! 

- So SotD would have a chance to land stealth damage to non battle player? You do hate players that much?

- So players on battle vessel would search where they hiding instead of fighting them? Well players wanna fight, not play hide and seek!!!

I would love to see unlimited render distance. With possible non animated half opaque sprite models LODs, but let me see them from distance!!!

04QtcOk.jpg

4) - Players interaction. 

We are in MMO right? So... players could help each other etc. Right now any1 can just steel your target and get loot for himself. It's like that you waste hell lot of resources, you risk and fight, and don't get even a crappy loot and few golds, because some another guy sail by, shoot once and destroyed damned ship you was fighting with.

--------------------------------------------

That's what happened in my last hunt. I spent about 2 hours just sailing empty ocean, searching good level Galleys. I had to stop like 6-7 times and wait for fog is gone. Then I found SqotD leaded by lvl-56 Brig and lvl-58 Galley. Fighting them is a challenging and long process. First I took down all small fries! Then got myself in battle against Galley and Brig. After long fight I lowered them both to 10% of health and make my step out of battle to do extra maintenance. While I was repairing my parts - some player's Galley appeared. He did one-shot Brig and took loot for himself. I tried to contact him via chat but he did not react my calls.

Then fog wave started. We both step aside and wait until fog is gone. After it's gone - 10% Galley also gone. I spent like an hour sailing around and didn't find any damned ship. So... it was around 250 cannonballs. Couple of planks. Alot of wood and other resources for repairs. It was A RISK after all. And... my sad way home totally EMPTY HANDED.

This how our PvEers life looks like right now.

Edited by George Catcher

I think at the least if you destroy a high level sotd and rescue any sailors then they should join your crew for free, with no hourly gold rate.

• Like 1

I think at the least if you destroy a high level sotd and rescue any sailors then they should join your crew for free, with no hourly gold rate.

Yeap. I've got em already 118-135 lvl crew with 400-500 health. And lvl-135 (from lvl-60 Galley) they do not level at all, so 135 - is maximum available for crew.

Just a quick update of Damned Squads hunting. When I was on my way home today, I felt that I just don't wanna do this anymore. I spent 4 hours for my hunt. 90% of this hunt was... well, just sailing and watching empty ocean. I didn't know where to sail. I didn't know - if I find a good level damned Galley. I didn't know if I kill one - will there be good loot?

But what I'm saying! I knew all! I knew it doesn't matter where to go, there is no way to find where those damned ships are hiding. I knew that I probably wont meet any Galley higher than lvl-20 (or meet just a single one around 30). I knew that I probably wont get ANYTHING as a reward.

And yeah. It happened just like I predicted.

So that's how it's looks like for me:

I took around 800 cannonballs. 4000 wood. 4000 thatches. 8000 fibers. 800 metal. 200 alloys. 200 hide. 6 x-tra gunports, 4 x-tra planks. Steering wheel and large sail. Also 2 celings. My brig was loaded at around 60% and then I departure.

So my trip lasts for 4 hours.

LvtSbQS.jpg

- 8 times I lowered my sail to full stop and wait till fog wave is gone. I did it because I need to see if damned ships rendered near. I don't wanna miss em. Also I stopped before my last fight, because it was no point of fighting Damned Ships during the fog. (I didn't stop on my way back home tho. I was along the border and didn't plan to fight anymore).

- I found my first squad with red lvl-34 Galley in the middle of 2nd hour of searching.

- Once rain and tornado landed during my fight. So I had to step aside and do 5 knots downwind circles. There is no point to fight in storm. Mostly because of high waves makes cannonballs miss the target.

- In 3 grids I found just 4 squads I wanted to fight. Last one was huge 8 damned ships with lvl-58 Brig and Lvl-54 Schooner. They took one gunport from me. 

- I killed 17 damned ships today. Most of them were RED. The highest BP I've got is Masterworks Wooden Ceiling with 104% sturdiness.

I also got: 40+ barshots. 40+ mortair ammos. 25 Large cannonballs. Bunch of grape shots, liquid flames, ballistas spears. 6 common cannons (from 104% to 107% damage), 2 fine cannons (103% and 104% damage). 2 common medium weight-sails, 1 common medium speed sail. 3 common medium decks (from 101% to 107%). And alot of blueprints. Those are 14 swivel cannons BPs (from common with 103% damage to journeyman 124% damage). Fine Ballista BP (112% damage), 2 journeyman medium speed sails and last but not least! 4 medium gunports. 3 common ones (101% - 104%) and one is fine (100%).

Oh and of course around 900 golden coins (I've got 40k in my bases chest so I don't think I really need a gold right now).

You can look at the all reward I've got again and keep in mind I was fighting the highest damned ships available in the game right now!

I built 3 unlocked boxes near my base with "Free stuff" signs around. So I put all there. Maybe some1 find a good use of that crap. Before I made those boxes I just threw all this so called "reward" in to the ocean.

I was on my way back an thinking that I just tired and don't want experience this anymore. Just don't wanna rush through glitchy ruberbanding and warping server creating more cannonballs and gathering resources for my ship. I run through the door and next moment I find myself 20 meters from house. I jump tho the ship, running on the deck. Next moment I find myself flying to the waters 20 meters away from my ship.

I don't wanna sailing through the empty ocean for another 2 hours playing "hide and seek" with damned squads. And of course - I just don't wanna sail back after all risks I took with my stuff box full of crappy loot I wont ever use.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know you working on sea adventures. But one thing you can (and IMAO SHOULD!!!) do right now. Greatly increase rendering distance of Damned Squads. This hunting mission takes that much time because I probably miss most of squads due to extremely low rendering distance. With this distance greatly increased - no more 4 hours purposeless sailing.

I really would like to fight more then just sailing, and sailing, and sailing, and sailing. Stop during fog wave. Then sailing again...

p.s. - How about...

JpP5JCB.jpg

49 - What if you could place a crew NPS to crownest, and it greatly increase rendering distance of everything around?

Edited by George Catcher

I don't know if the sotd have a short render distance, I'm inclined to think they literally just spawn at random out of nowhere, and sometimes it's next to me, and sometimes not.

• Like 1

I don't know if the sotd have a short render distance, I'm inclined to think they literally just spawn at random out of nowhere, and sometimes it's next to me, and sometimes not.

Maybe they do. I personally think, if they render in good looking formation - they probably just spawned. If they are moving chaotic and hit each other - they would probably been there for a while.

It sad to say but... I guess me and my crewmate are done for this season.

The reason is simple. For last couple of weeks we didn't experienced ANY PROGRESS AT ALL.

I mean... the plan was simple.

- To build. 

- To level.

- To get good BPs, to build better ships/stuff, then go hi-end content.

But something went wrong.

First I dug like 70 treasures - hunting shipyard. Most of maps were lvl 12+! half of them 15+! Some 20+! And I've got not a single shipyard. It means no better ships at all. I've got all basic quests done (Veteran Explorer gives absolutely stupid "instant equip" active skill that gives you 1 instant equip in 10 minutes).

I also was hunting damned ships and took down around 150 of them. Most of them were BRIGS and SCHOONERS lvl 50-60 and Galleys lvl-30+ I was collecting parts for possible better ships and got everything so far. Just no sails.

And I repeat again - no shipyard. No better ships.

So I just got tired. I was on my yet again 4 hours mission today. I took around 10 more damned ships and 3 damned Galleys lvl-43, lvl-52 and lvl-60. Last one gave me masterworks mortar with 108% damage... And I just don't feel I ready to carry another 4000 wood thatches etc for maintenance. Don't wanna yet again gather coal, carry metal, to create 800 more cannonballs and go for another 4 hours hunting for nothing.

It was 3 week of active gameplay, for NOTHING. 

---------------------------

My crewmate was testing mythic armor. He was on huge and really long mythos hunt. He was on stupid keratine hunt (the only resource you can not buy). Then he got full mythic plate armor went for another lvl-19 treasure.

And he was ONESHOT KILLED by lvl-81 damned warrior. He was wearing mythic armor he put SO MANY EFFORTS IN TO! And got oneshot death. I personally don't experience those oneshots wearing common furs. Because I use grog and have 240 health... so my crewmate also spent a month for NO PURPOSE.

---------------------------

We had our conversation today and it seems we felt the same. We just tired of "So many efforts - so little reward". I mean... when you spent a month creating something totally useless, it brings you no joy. We probably will maintain our base in case of possible future updates, patches, fixes. But for now... my last:

JpP5JCB.jpg

50 - Maybe FOG wave should look like COLD wave with sky settings on full?

HMyUpur.jpg

I hope this thread was somehow useful for devs.

Edited by George Catcher

"Lawless" servers need an overhaul to be more than a waste of space on the map. Especially with less claimable islands around. New players, or others that look for a new island have no chance of claiming anything currently.

Making lawless a viable place to build would go a long way to stabilize the player population. In its current form, Lawless is either a place you briefly farm, or a Newbie trap where they build up their first base, just to be raided and quit the game.

Either let players claim some land with a Flag (season 1 rules) that gives some sort of offline protection / or peace time. And/Or change the rules regarding the placement of Mortars - maybe only allow the placement of mortars in the aformentioned claimed land.

Oh and just one more thing I forgot to add. It's about PVE battles SOLO, and also SOLO ship controls during those battles.

JpP5JCB.jpg

51 - Sails control improvement.

Right now boat control made totally wrong. When you make a french louvers stern with shotgun and kitting damned ship straight - all fine. When you do battle like I do with my battle Brig, board-side fight - all wrong.

It's every second matters, to approach, to shoot, to go "bow like" departure. You need to raise/low your sails a lot, you need to turn your sails alot, you need to turn your boat - alot. And do it all together. Which you can't do.

You also can not tell - how many % you sail raised, especially with junk sail cosmetic. So... well what I would love to see is some addition sail controls with hot keys and HuD shows numbers. Let them be FOR EXAMPLE "ctrl+" keys.

Ctrl+W - raise your sail by 33%. (so one push will be 33%, second one 67%, third one 100%)

Ctrl+S - lower your sail by 33%

Ctrl+A/D - turn your sails left/right to -75 / -38 / 0 / 38 / 75 degrees points.

Oh and you know it was made this way in old Russian "Corsairs" game. Sails could be in 4 position.

- Low state (0%).

-- Approaching/Departuring mode (33%) - so you could not hit things while parking your ship.

--- Battle mode (67%) - where MOST SHIP HANDLING comes in!

---- Cruise mode (100%) - less handling but most speed here.

(oh and... well I personally would reassign current control to ctrl+ and this new one I mentioned above - would assign to WASD).

p.s. - There were also voicelines in Corsairs. When you raised your sails you heard:

- Raise the sails, yes captain!

Same with lower sails and change ammo types. 

- Load barshots! Load buckshot! Load bombs! Load cannonballs!

Edited by George Catcher

JpP5JCB.jpg

52 - Hey, maybe it's good idea to place crew controlling the sails to some other place on ship?

Yet with free building on the ship we can totally block stations where crew are sitting controlling the sails. It looks bad. And if you unseat crew - they stuck through the wall, fall down through ceiling, etc. So maybe you find another good place for them to control the sails?

omXNGGg.jpg

I just wanna double my message.

TLgVtm6.jpg

53 - There is only one warehouse per island available.

I mean one within all players and all companies who do building on island.

Basically the first player who build his warehouse - take it all. Any other settlers will be in 2km radius from his warehouse and wont be able to place their. I mean you do realize the largest islands you have - are around 2 x 1.6 km, right? 

So look. You made them this way, so If I wanna place my warehouse in my base - there should not be any more warehouses within yellow circle.

QtFd1it.jpg

Or look this way. If I would able to place my warehouse in my base, any other players from any companies would not allowed to place their warehouse within yellow circle. So the only place they have - is tiny rock spot left side of island. And just for a single warehouse.

I mean... are you sure it should work this way, so only one player, only one company can place a single warehouse per island?

Thanks for posting this George! I’m glad others have noticed the issue. My frustration last night as I had a gut feeling this was the case was through the roof. Stayed awake with the fear this may be the outcome, sailed immediately after down time to get a respec. Sail back to build and nope.... one person at 3am takes the entire island. Also confirmed through other companies and testing that the warehouse is siphoning and connected to every warehouse in the island that do not even belong to them. I can not imagine this is how it is intended to work. 

• Like 1

TLgVtm6.jpg

54 - Glitches after decays!

With more ppl leaving the game, more bases around are decayed. Then some of their stuff are stays there after most parts decayed. It looks weird.

KlIJJK8.jpg

oxwALyy.jpg

TLgVtm6.jpg

55 - Yet another broken feature. Windmills drop destroys stuff in stack.

Alright. Since warehouses are unavailable for like 99% of players, we keep our stuff old fashion way. So the way to carry all stuff from your windmill is:

a) - To pick as much as you can.

b) - To drop all to the floor.

c) - Repeat until you drop all.

d) -Then you can pick up all, through your weight restriction and carry it to your storage house.

I mean you can do it legally. Just pick like 300 wood at once, run to your storage house, then do it like 38 more times, spend for an hour for that...

Or get a bear/horse with cargo harness, pick and put all your stuff to harness then pick and put it again in to storage... play "click it 1000 times".

So i've been thinking, what if I drop my stuff directly from the windmill? So I accessed inventory, press "P" by default (to drop item). Then I started to look where it falled. I found it. Here, right through the windmill. Still available through little slit.

8vKibkV.jpg

But even tho there were like thousands pieces - all I've got after pick up - just a SINGLE STUCK. It's 500 for wood. 500 for metal.100 for berries. 1000 for fibers etc. Everything else just disappeared.

You know, when EA of this game just started almost 2 years ago, there was a bug with forever loading on Primal Game Data. The only player could do is use Alt+F4 and start game again.

Guess what?

It's back!!!

L4BNSGo.jpg