Sign in to follow this  
George Catcher

The Maelstrom Feedback.

So... new season. New island. New base. New adventures.

New (and Old) features that devs should deal with. Here is my feedback thread. We're on official PVE. The Shadowy Isle in i7 grig.

TLgVtm6.jpg

01 - Ceilings and Railings random disappears.

First thing I do after log in - is running over my base and see if yet another pier parts disappeared. It happens randomly, all around our base, while we gone (on the mission or offline). Sometimes it's just a single railing, sometimes - big rows like on a picture below.

qU1XXEb.jpg

TLgVtm6.jpg

02 - Extended HUD info shows wrong resources on nodes.

If I press "H" by default I can scan resources. Right now it shows totally wrong. We have "Iron" nodes that provide "chert", we've got "Iridium" nodes - provide "Iron", we have "Opal" showing that's "Crystall" and after gathering - it shows "Gem". It's all over at I7.

VRh4BI1.jpg

TLgVtm6.jpg

03 - Rains and Show in wrong temperatures.

Pleas attach precipitation to the temperature. It's really weird to see it's raining when it's -15(c) or 5(f) and snowing while heatwave and +20(c) or 68(f). I mean I understand we're in fantasy world, but... it's weird anyway.

kpvtiiG.jpg

TLgVtm6.jpg

04 - (story-time) Crew member sunked while on the ship.

Me and my crew-member were on our mission in the ocean. When we crossed the border, my crew-member was climbing rope ladder to the large speed sail's crownest. After we crossed, my crew-member was disappeared for me, and he found himself into the ocean. He was on water surface, but game showed he out of oxygen. After he died his corpse appeared all way down to the ocean bottom.

Edited by George Catcher
  • Like 3

Let's continue.

TLgVtm6.jpg

05 - Disappearing parts update.

Today I changed some of my base from wooden to stone parts. While I was replacing walls, ceilings, foundation, etc, alot of ceilings and railings on my pier were disappeared. So it somehow connected to building and demolition activity.

Some guys on forum said, that reason - is limit of parts placed together, so players wouldn't overload server with their monstrous creations. So I really wanna hear from the DEVs team - are we NOT suppose to build bases like that?

wLSbiKD.jpg

Instead we should end with bases like that?

VnEuLoT.jpg

TLgVtm6.jpg

06 - Darkened stuff in shops.

Right now stuff in shops looks like that. I first thought - I somehow not allowed to buy anything. Same with crew vendor.

pGRJzSJ.jpg

TLgVtm6.jpg

07 - Please bring us white ships.

I applied the snow white dye to one of my ship plank. Guess which one is that?

wYIK8w1.jpg

Unfortunately NONE of white dyes can be applied to ship surfaces, building walls etc. It can be used to storage boxes tho, but... well. We have WAY TOO BRIGHT pink, blue, green dyes which turning our vessels to party boats. Why then we not allowed to bring white boats to the ocean? Could you, please, add white textures to at least boat surfaces?

• Like 1

Just a little note for today:

TLgVtm6.jpg

08 - Handling sail position.

With this angle like on picture below, my handling sail should just break my ship, not moving it. 

yNogREO.jpg

So the angle of this one should be different at 180*. We were writing about this one since EA started, but no one cares.

Edited by George Catcher
  • Like 2

Ah... yes. As I back to SqOTD's hunting, few more updates from me:

JpP5JCB.jpg

09 - To color crew clothes. 

I know most of players don't do that, but I always create an armor for all my crew, and even more. I PAINT IT in to the color of ship, they gonna be on duty. I do love when all looks good:

wfqIwW9.jpg

But here is the problem. It's like I hired 10 cannon-guys,  I created 10 pieces of each part of armor, and then... you just imagine.

- I went shop.

- I bought 90 navy dyes. 90 peel orange dyes, 70 golden dyes.

- AND THEN I APPLIED ALL THOSE 250 DYES to clothes ONE BY ONE! And there is no hotkeys - I LMB part of clothes, LMB to dye I need, LMB "apply" button. Repeat 250 times!

I see the solution with "design" button. Same as we paint flags. Before I create thing - I color it, and then put in tannery not just a hide and fibers, but also dyes. It will save a lot of time for players like me.

JpP5JCB.jpg

10 - Damned ships loot.

With current situation - I feel sad about loot from damned ship. Because we have squads each battle require alot of maneuvering and sailing! And after it's done - I have to find somehow, in the clear empty ocean, between flotsam - my loot, which is look the same as regular flotsam:

rGfQ3Gt.jpg

You never guess - what is my reward, and what is just regular treasure chests. Today I engaged 8 damned ship at once, and after I end them, it took me an eternity to gather what's left of them. And I didn't find one of my loot chests.

The solution I see is to light the loot somehow. For example, the same light pillar as we have above our corpses. I really would LOVE to see that. I keep loosing loot, and it's a shame.

Edited by George Catcher
  • Thanks 1

TLgVtm6.jpg

11 - Sextant buff cover landowner message.

j3gsP92.jpg

I really love to read what message landowner left for me, but to read one - i need to wait until my sextant buff is gone.

• Thanks 1

TLgVtm6.jpg

12 - Cosmetic large sail feature.

First of all, when I apply new cosmetic to my large speed sail - some rope ladder which was attached to usual speed sail - disappears, but some ladders stays in the air at the exactly place where they were. If I remove cosmetic sail back - those will disappear.

And yeah. How do I suppose to attach new rope ladder if snap point there just way to high, and there is no way I can reach it?

Gh2htbg.jpg

13 - Few words from me.

As far as I do see:

- I'm on a bit laggy server, but those laggs are just a minimal part of laggs I've experienced before. No more steps through the ocean. It's gr8 to see tech part of the game improving.

- I also noticed, that monstrous bases are loading way faster. No more shipyards appears from nowhere.

- I know no one will agree with me, but I kinda like that sharks became more aggressive and there are way more of them. I glad that open seas now very dangerous place.

And yeah...

JpP5JCB.jpg

14 - Brings APLHAs back to Lawless.

I did kinda like when they sometimes visited our place at the begining. I like to set defense lines etc. That was a challenge, and I'm a bit miss it.

Edited by George Catcher

Alright. Just to let you know...

15 - Temperature debuff goes through the border.

Sometimes when you cross, all temperature debuff (cold, freeze, hot, overheated) goes there too and stays with you and don't disappear. Like in the picture below. It's +16(C) or +60(F), I'm in full fur clothes and still cold.

cIxEWaW.jpg

This way debuff don't affect your pathfinder. It just there and confuses you. If there is a freeze and overheat - pathfinder also do voice suffering. To make this one disapper, you need to feel another debuff (like in picture above - I need to go freezing, hot or overheat). It's old bug, actually.

TLgVtm6.jpg

16 - 100% ui scale and company name.

Can not read company name through spyglass if there is UI scale is on max value. 

CQdca3t.jpg

• Thanks 1

TLgVtm6.jpg

17 - Crossing out of the storm makes wind and waves direction not synchronized.

You know, during the storm wind rotation speed is increased. So if wind turned half circle, and then you cross, after transition to another server wind slowly goes back to where it is on current grid. But for 5-10 minutes waves flows in to direction where they were before you cross.

So wind blows one way. Waves goes opposite. Ship can't handle the situation and goes floating up to the air, then goes down underwater.

After 5-10 minutes, picture twitch and waves goes downwind.

iWAzudF.jpg

TLgVtm6.jpg

18 - So many buffs. So many text!

I'm glad I have so many buffs. I wish I could read what they are (Seriously guys, your UI has SO MANY ISSUES, you need to rework it totally!)

poS1BRc.jpg

• Thanks 1

JpP5JCB.jpg

19 - Can we store our cosmetics in box?

I bought some cosmetics for my armor and now I forced to carry it in my pocket. I won't use it in near future, so I'm gonna carry it risking to loose it with no purpose. So can we please store our armor cosmetic in storage boxes?

P.s. - This bonus cosmetic hat can be transferred to the box.

spMl4kt.jpg

Edited by George Catcher

Few words related to tames carrying by boats.

Today we lost our bear. She was standing on the deck while we were on our far journey, and then, somewhere in the middle of the ocean - disappeared. She probably fell in to the waters, and now it really hurts to think - she is somewhere there, all alone, with just waters around, with no help, suffering and waiting for her death to come.

Of course we cancel our mission and did all our way back the same route, but we didn't find her. 

Sad.

And yeah, there are some messages in forum, related to lost animals, and I also saw couple of times swimming animals in the middle of the ocean. My solutions here are simple:

JpP5JCB.jpg

20 - Make our tames visible on the "num pad 8" map.

Or...

21 - Introduce cage for the ship.

Idea with a cage is simple. We build cage and put in on the deck or in the ship's hold. Cage can be 2 sizes. Small one for bear size animals, and big one, that goes through the deck, to 2nd floor, for elephant size animals. Big one can be placed to the Galleon only.

We take our tame near the ship, then use round-menu and press: "Put tame in to "vessel-name" cage". Tame disappears and appears inside the cage. There is bowl for food and tames will be safe and secure inside during the journey. In the end we open "round menu" of cage and press "release the tame" and then our tame appear near ship.

Simple. And no more loosing animals.

And yeah. Today I saw schooner with big ceilings construction and 4 giraffes atop. It was look weird and it shouldn't be like that... so the Idea with cages will force ppl to build big ships for big animals. Before wipe I saw an elephant inside sloop. The scariest thing I ever saw!

And one more thing:

TLgVtm6.jpg

22 - Cargo harness hates ships!

If you try to carry some animal with cargo harness by your ship, you'll most likely meet one of many glitches. Few of them I met:

- I ride a horse after a journey! Horse moved. Cargo harness moved. Storage box inside harness falls down to 2nd ship deck and stayed there like for ever. The only way to get rid of it, is to demolish it.

- I ride a horse after a journey! Horse moved. Cargo harness moved. Storage box deattached from harness and stuck in the air with no way to move it.

- The horse with cargo harness and storage box inside of harness riding a boat. Suddenly harness deattaches from the horse and stays in the air. The same glitch I later saw near my base:

rE1UBOC.jpg

p.s. - Hey guys, if someone from PVE server will see our bear in the ocean, let me know!!!

Her name - Bjarka.

Owned by - Boreal Dreams company.

Lost somewhere in top or top-right part of the map.

TLgVtm6.jpg

23 - Don't push map (num pad 8 ) while crossing.

If you cross and push map button (num pad 8 ) game will crash, and then you have troubles to log in with infinite "time out" messages blinking.

TLgVtm6.jpg

24 - Make bottles not spawn inside of buildings.

I've been inside someone's base today in searching of bottles with maps, and saw THIS:

X9YS3Yi.jpg

So the owner lives there with permanent chimes, with no way to get those bottles out (I would gone mad). Same happened in our base, but bottle spawned inside our shipyard. I plan to get it out when rebuild shipyard (IF I EVER GET BLUEPRINT, WHICH I ALREADY DOUBT OF!!! Sorry). Maybe there are good bottles inside, and players search em? And those chimes...

...anyway. Can you fix bottles spawning so they don't appear inside structures?

TLgVtm6.jpg

25 - Camping is BAD mmm'kay?

flat,128x128,075,f-pad,128x128,f8f8f8.jp

I just crossed. And next second found myself stucked inside damned galley. I ride my non battle vessel, so all I could do is try to escape and watch this Galley is killing me. I know to build a new schooner is not a big deal. But to level it - it's actually big deal (especially non battle one). So... I guess there MUST NOT be any hostle activity around the border. Not whales. Not SOTD. No one should be there - just players.

The are 2 ways I see it. One - is invisible border some distance from actually border (far enough for players to load new grid). If damned ship or whale cross it, he will turn around and go back with shortest way. 

Another one - is just to stop a ship after he cross and move it again only after full load.

wO2dHjA.jpg

P.s. - I escaped with just a few leaks. It was a miracle. While ago my crewmate lost his Brig this way.

Edited by George Catcher

TLgVtm6.jpg

26 - Torch in a saddle.

Tip. You can insert torch to a Tier-2 saddle. Then it'll light everything up around your tame. But visually - it appear in the air above your saddle.

ivWfCz0.jpg

TLgVtm6.jpg

27 - Projectiles hit invisible wall around enemies.

Yet sometimes you can spent like whole bunch of spears, or bolts, or arrows, that hit enemy and stuck inside invisible wall around. So cobra that can be killed with 2 spears, sneaking around like hedgehog full of spears, that hit it and didn't do any damage. So you can just loose to single cobra that usually no big deal for you to kill. But it's just game decide to kill you by weak easy enemy, and give it immunity to your weapons.

nDH0PEc.jpg

Same with the whales.

Ok guys. It's time to be serious for the moment. There is a huge problem (and it's CORE one).

You servers can handle just around 20 players at once. And you need...

TLgVtm6.jpg

...this!

28 - H5 and I5 are overpopulated!

With my discoveries and treasure quests I went to H5 (pass through I5).

There are around 40 ppl online there. And those servers are LAGGY AS HELL! Ping shows around 250 but it's not just ping.

- You not sailing through - you jumping. With small jumps.

- If you try to raise or low you sails, or you try to turn them, sails will flap and wave for ever. Because of that it's greatly reduced sail's control speed and boat turning speed. It's just not possible to fight SOTDs!

- If you have your tames aboard they'll make their random way around the boat. They can fly around, they can jump to the water and follow your boat there, they can fall inside, or float above your boat.

5MKnh5A.jpg

- On the shore you hit twice as slow, and you are missing to enemies or hit them while hitting the air. It's no point of using projectile weapons there.

- All chat talks there - about crappy ping, and laggs.

So you seriously need to somehow improve your hardware performance. It's just impossible to be there. I did a map and discoveries there and then I flee from there the shortest way!

P.S. - You forum also have some issues. All wooden graphics is gone, all smiles is gone, all just slow and buggy!

TLgVtm6.jpg

29 - You've got wrong information when leveling the TAMES.

1948.8 + 116.9 = ????

Use your calculator and tell me the answer. You think the answer will be 2065.7? Well, you wrong. The answer will be 1999.2. Why? I dunno. But game says it is!

XSQve2W.jpg

I mean really! You show us wrong resources with resources scan. You have text overlays. You give us no information (like how much addition levels will provide better quality shipyard). And now you give us wrong information. It's like: "We wanna show you some random numbers, during you leveling your tame up, and you never guess how much exactly you'll get!"

I just wanna repeat, what I told you before. Your UI needs to be canceled and rebuilt totally.

JpP5JCB.jpg

30 - Light the object that obstruct me!

My crewmate just replaced a sail on his boat. But before he did that, he kept seeing the same message: Can't place sail, object is obstructed. He forced to demolish like half of his vessel, before he got rid of object that obstruct his sail placement, because there was NO WAY to see - which one the object is.

So maybe it would be a great idea to light somehow object that obstruct another object placement?

Edited by George Catcher

TLgVtm6.jpg

32 - Cosmetic double itself after death.

Alright, if I put my cosmetic hat to a storage box, then after my death, new one appears in my inventory. If I put another one to storage box - after I die, third one will appear! Today I've got a crab-wheel for sunken treasure! I put it into storage and guess what? After I died, another one also appeared in my inventory.

So now I've got 3 cosmetic hats and 2 crab wheels!

UqHOcQW.jpg

Edited by George Catcher

TLgVtm6.jpg

33 - I died and my corpse fall down underground.

This is the way to loose all I've created so far. There were like full crafted stuff, tools, alot of different weapons, whole lot of ammo and a map really good quality. I couldn't kill common lvl-30 wolf because my bolts did not land a single damage within 6 shots (check pt.27 above).

After I died I found my stuff underground with no way to get all back. I've tried all ways possible, trust me.

So yeah. Another sad game session. Serious setback on all my quests. Lost a lot I came to within last few weeks.

I mean... It would be fine if I would be reckless. If I would be stupid to go to some dangerous place alone and unprepared. If I lost all in epic battle etc.

I lost all to just a common wolf, because this game full of glitches. Can't find words any more...

si8llIl.jpg

p.s. - I've got 3 crab wheels now (check pt.32 above)

Edited by George Catcher

TLgVtm6.jpg

34 - I don't see any other languages.

You know sometimes players make their names on Chinese/Korean/Japanese? If I see player like that, if he write something in chat, I'll see just ◘◘◘◘◘ instead of text.

But strangely I don't see any cyrillic in game either. It shows ???????? instead of text. And this is weird because I'm from Russia, and cyrillic installed on my computer. I have Russian localisation of Windows-10, I have like all standard Russian fonts etc. You know in Steam you can right click on the game and change language settings? If I switch the game to Russian I'll see this:

bonlPEE.jpg

Bx8awML.jpg

Edited by George Catcher

TLgVtm6.jpg

35 - All rope ladders attached to all our ships, suddenly retracted.

Game goes more and more weird state. Like yesterday all rope ladders we attached to ALL OUR SHIPS in company were suddenly retracted (those from deck to waters and also high ladders to very top of masts). My crewmate was in the middle of the ocean at the moment.

And now we CAN NOT extend them back. I took my hook and climbed up to crow nest. All I can do at the moment is just demolish my ladder...

TdoE0VP.jpg

UPD: Solved this one with "L" key on steering wheel.

Edited by George Catcher

TLgVtm6.jpg

38 - Custom folders issues in personal inventory.

Every time I log in - all my stuff from custom folders in inventory moves out of folders in to just inventory.

FjDcisd.jpg

Every time I die - all my custom folders just disappear.