Sign in to follow this  
QoriiSmithereens

Let's talk about dangerous animal spawn rates...

Anyone else think some of the spawn rates for dangerous animals are a little too high?

I understand the whole Ship of the Damned problem, but wolves and crocodiles spawn rates seem a little ridiculous.

I can't turn my back without running into three wolves or crocs that spawned behind me or in front.

Yeah they are pretty nuts.  If you start building stuff at least that kills the spawns lol.  Kills the resources too though. 

They are insane on low desert maps. Ive seen 10 aligators and 5 snakes spawn on 10 square meters.

I totally agree with this. Not only that, on a Tundra Island we just were on... there were literally a hundred horses and birds all over the coast. Kind of ridiculous. How about those resources... The Tundra seems to be the only places we can find that are not COVERED with claims, yet no metal on any of the islands... and in some cases no fiber on many of them.  

Yeah same on our Isle even when you are able to Clear everything arround your basethis will only last for 5-10 min cause they respawn fast as f***.....

For me personally thats the least of the issues... but maybe i am used to die/respawn since day one i just ignore nutrition because its tedious and just die/respawn 😄

3 hours ago, Grombalasch said:

Our Base is permanently overrun with Wolfes and Vultures... There is no chance to gather reccources... Its very bad!

Reminds me of my base... I go to the roof of my base to see 5 wolves 3 crocs thousands of vultures and 6 snakes knocking on my door.. the best part is that the snakes bugs through the walls inside the base.. it's like there's no walls at all.

54 minutes ago, Ducki said:

Reminds me of my base... I go to the roof of my base to see 5 wolves 3 crocs thousands of vultures and 6 snakes knocking on my door.. the best part is that the snakes bugs through the walls inside the base.. it's like there's no walls at all.

Watched a twitch streamer with a base in the north fending off about 50+ wolves. They just kept respawning.

5 minutes ago, QoriiSmithereens said:

Watched a twitch streamer with a base in the north fending off about 50+ wolves. They just kept respawning.

Yap sounds familiar

No I agree 100%, the 1st three islands I went to after the freeport I couldn't even make it to shore without being attacked by crocs. Found a clearing at the fourth and was attacked by a wolf. I managed to kill it but then a 186 lvl alpha scorpion killed me; at the time if you died on land you couldn't respawn on your boat so that was the end of that 6 hr journey. So I'm in a small company now like 5 people who play around the same time; we are on our 4th attempt to get setup somewhere as we have yet to find an open spot to build and have been thwarted by large tribes, whales, and ghost ships before being able to plant any roots (40 some odd hours in and I'm no further than I was after my 1st hr). We set sail again a little later today to a barren ass ice island that has no fiber, veggies or fruit, should be fun. =/

Oh yeah our last trip to about 4 servers in the icy region was full of dying to wolves and being spawned camped by them on our sloop, fun times. On a more serious note, seemed like all the islands required you to fight your way onto them as hostile mobs were damn near a sure thing at every entry point.

Yeah I feel this game should be more about the ships and less about the animal spawns. I'd love to see them tuned down

It is insane in the low desert region of my claim, but in the temperate region are they reasonable(but all land is long claimed their)

The island I am on seems better.  Not so many spawns for some reason. Hope it stays that way!

I understand the ship spawns and know they are working on it but the predator spawns have been a problem since day 1 and they have not said anything about it except the little patch on the alphas, it's a big issue for alot of players that needs something done

[from a similar thread I replied to, just wanted to share this]

Well, strangely, I made two brief visits to my claim earlier this afternoon and I noticed then that the spawns were markedly lower than yesterday.  No Alphas and maybe 2 Crocs I could see whereas yesterday it was a seething mass of Crocs, Snakes and Alphas all over the beach.  Two or three would hit my anchored raft, I'd have to try and kite them away and in the process picked up as many hostile mobs as I shook off.  I couldn't gather ANYTHING without being constantly attacked - gather 5 or 6 Fiber and I was attacked and had to run and try ad infinitum - and as for digging for water, well, that was utterly out of the question.  I had to die and spawn on my raft just because I couldn't get any water

I logged in about 20 minutes ago and it was even quieter!  There's a large sloped rocky outcrop which was a war zone between Elephants vs Snakes vs Crocodiles and there was ONE Giant Snake having a go at a bird.  I saw one Croc and it went pretty close to me - well within what would have been the usual aggro range - and it just walked past.  It almost freaked me out!!  Astoundingly, I was able to dig for Water TWICE, uninterrupted and unmolested.  That freaked me out as well!  🙂

I really, really hope this is because they fixed animal spawns and I didn't notice the patch...

I wish I would have been making a video today...

I built a tower a nice high tower and I made a ton of arrows and this was going to be my safe spot, no longer would i have issues with animals...

and then this Alpha Lion comes along and I am all cocky up top slinging arrow after arrow at it....  (200 isn't enough??? Really)  What do I need a cannon for a Lion???

Anyway this Alpha Lion actually Jumped to the top of my tower grabed me in his mouth with that whole stun lock thing and dragged me off the top of it>?!?

Holy crap Alpha Lions FLY!!!!

Edited by Sulfurblade
  • Like 1