Sign in to follow this  
Dosgimp

To those who have also returned to Atlas

So last week I get the information about an upcoming server wipe, and the Whole new map,  So I said to myself Sweet!  I've been very much looking forward coming back to Atlas.  Played now a little over 30hr over the weekend, to add to my previous 1800 hr's and it seems like GS really made alot of improvements and I must say I am impressed!!  Well done!  Far gone all the days when sailing into a new grid to suddenly having your ship disappear are gone, the claiming system, the decay system, lawless area's and the days of pillar spamming. 

However: I am very cautious - Those that have been playing these past 6 months,  I have a question:   The Treasure Map system back then is what caused to me Rage Quit the game.  Has the issue been addressed where the treasure map would always lead you to the top of a pillar? or to some location that was completely un-reachable?  

I have noticed over the weekend, the higher quality treasure bottles do seem to be much more rare to find, so either that was suppose to happen or I was suffering from the RNG gods.  

However my question still stands,  Game on Everyone!  

Edited by Dosgimp

8 hours ago, Dosgimp said:

Has the issue been addressed where the treasure map would always lead you to the top of a pillar?

I have been curious about this, too. The only treasure map I've done so far was on top of a not too high mountain whose peak was reachable without using climbing picks or grappling hooks (I could get there with my bear). I haven't had a deep look into the map yet but I am also worried about having twin islands on the same grid. That is a pain in the *ss when it comes to treasure hunting, too. You can never tell which island said treasure may be since the image on the map is purposefully rotated.

I'll come back to this thread if I ever find a treasure on top of a pillar.

I can confirm the bug of the random ceiling tiles just disappearing,  even tho they are supported by a pillar down to the earth.   I have a structure about 10x10 and I come back from sailing for a treasure map to return to base to see about 6 tiles in the ceiling just go "Poof"  

Frustrating this still exist's..   However I dealt with it before, I will do so again.    Still no good treasure maps yet,  Ill be darn if I could find one at 16.0+   sheesh.

On 7/6/2020 at 4:56 PM, Christopher Blake said:

You can never tell which island said treasure may be since the image on the map is purposefully rotated.

So I guess Atlas pirates never heard of putting a north marker on their maps?   

still happens sadly , plus the army getting stuck in mountains and so forth
plus we get the "sail under water" and "fly" glitches as well .
ooo and as mentioned before the "demolish one thing and watch half the base walls and ceiling tiles collapse" issue
but its still fun..my guys did 6 maps the other day and only one was a throw away due to bad spawn location

Edited by Derfel

Anyone else on PVE having fun, taming creatures to only have some rando player drive by and kill your active taming?    3x times now I find a high level 28+  get to about 97% tame and Bam! "Drive By"  its killed.     On PVP I can totally understand this,  but on PVE really?   Did that feel good?    GrapeShot should be able to prevent any damage from another source.   Dare i say it,  Like in WoW, Tagging the mob by having the first hit only you get the exp.   Am i right?  Frustrating when it happens... 

Edited by Dosgimp
  • Like 1

For the first time since first launch I have run into real jerks. The ones that I’ve have read about here over and over again. Endless thatch barriers across the entire island in less than a week. They blocked all the resources, they blocked all the land bridges, they blocked in people’s boats. It’s only them mind you. Every other person I’ve met has been great. Over a year ago I said here that I treat this game like a rpg with real people. I guess I’ll deal with the bad hombres and keep playing because I know in just a little bit they will be wiped again. Lol. 

Has the issue been addressed where the treasure map would always lead you to the top of a pillar?

I've got few at the very shore line. But... well, I'm not sure if there is a way to do like 10+ treasure other then spend 200 hours to breeding bears and dinos and bring army of them to the treasure : )

Still happens with maps on top of a pillar or mountain that you cant even get to without spending hours doing so. I dump the map as soon as I see its going to be a long day to make a few 100 gold.

And the thatch walls of blocking wtf is that about? This isnt ark no giga will be coming for you

Edited by Luxfere

I dump the map as soon as I see its going to be a long day to make a few 100 gold.

I personally hunt them for better shipyard and... well... In 3 days of active hunting I got just 2 BPs. Of mythic TINY shipyard (with 132% and 140% sturdiness). Also huge amount of mythic cloth, etc. So game still in the state: "So many effords, so little reward". 

And yeah. With lvl29 tamed bear (which gone up to 43 basic and 74 max) and also with Grog and all points to tames for max Touch and Cry, It's possible to farm lvl 13 treasure solo.

(I got bear with 650hp, and 165% damage).

It's not zerg, I have to retreat to regain health couple of times, and after the end me and my bear might be at 10-20% health. Higher treasure and especially this one for quest, might need something else (maybe a friend with bear, maybe another tames to support you... I dunno). Buy anyway. In my better shipyard chasing I already got like 15k of gold and still no sign of it!

3 hours ago, George Catcher said:

I personally hunt them for better shipyard

What kind of shipyard are you chasing?