Sign in to follow this  
Scribelord

More Sea Monsters added in the future?

I honestly feel like there's not enough sea monsters but there should be.

Sure we have the giant crabs and the mermaids but that's really it, I honestly hope we get more variety in the sea life in the future.

Something like a Charybdis inspired sea monster would be pretty cool or grotesque deep sea dwelling humanoids kind of like in that movie underwater would also be very cool.

Maybe have ocean sea monster bosses similarly to the Hydras and Drakes on land and etc, instead of a power island maybe you could go deep down into the depths to fight your way through a sunken city type of place and end up encountering a powerful sea monster to basically act as a aquatic power island. 

Also maybe a giant species of sea monster that just randomly patrols the map attacking any boats it finds as a threat, maybe it Could be nocturnal appearing near the surface at night only to retreat into the depths during the day which would change the attitude towards what times you want to set sail and really add a interesting dynamic to sailing the oceans and it could function as this fearful and intimidating creature that's ruthless and powerful, basically a aquatic giga from ark in that it's extremely powerful but extremely rewarding to take down or possibly tame.

Edited by Scribelord

4 hours ago, Scribelord said:

I honestly feel like there's not enough sea monsters but there should be.

Sure we have the giant crabs and the mermaids but that's really it, I honestly hope we get more variety in the sea life in the future.

Something like a Charybdis inspired sea monster would be pretty cool or grotesque deep sea dwelling humanoids kind of like in that movie underwater would also be very cool.

Maybe have ocean sea monster bosses similarly to the Hydras and Drakes on land and etc, instead of a power island maybe you could go deep down into the depths to fight your way through a sunken city type of place and end up encountering a powerful sea monster to basically act as a aquatic power island. 

Also maybe a giant species of sea monster that just randomly patrols the map attacking any boats it finds as a threat, maybe it Could be nocturnal appearing near the surface at night only to retreat into the depths during the day which would change the attitude towards what times you want to set sail and really add a interesting dynamic to sailing the oceans and it could function as this fearful and intimidating creature that's ruthless and powerful, basically a aquatic giga from ark in that it's extremely powerful but extremely rewarding to take down or possibly tame.

No they won’t be doing that. Even if they did sea monsters would be so far down on the list that it would be at least a year and a half to two years. If you don’t mind waiting that long then kudos but if you don’t want to wait then you are simply out of luck.

On 7/6/2020 at 7:45 AM, Pooter said:

No they won’t be doing that. Even if they did sea monsters would be so far down on the list that it would be at least a year and a half to two years. If you don’t mind waiting that long then kudos but if you don’t want to wait then you are simply out of luck.

Atlas isn't the only game I play so I could wait

Plus atlas is a game with massive focus around traveling the ocean so I think it's only fair to think the oceans should have abit more variety in the sea monsters and etc

On 7/6/2020 at 4:07 AM, Cpt.Yarrr said:

How about letting the new team fix old bugs first?

Did I say it needed to be a priority?

Nice yes however I never said they should just drop everything their doing 

35 minutes ago, Scribelord said:

Atlas isn't the only game I play so I could wait

Plus atlas is a game with massive focus around traveling the ocean so I think it's only fair to think the oceans should have abit more variety in the sea monsters and etc

Yeah not going to happen. Wait all you want. These guys have more ships tames and numerous other things to add. They have literally never mentioned seas monsters. I don’t care what games you play, this game won’t last long enough to see the sea monsters lmao

4 hours ago, Pooter said:

Yeah not going to happen. Wait all you want. These guys have more ships tames and numerous other things to add. They have literally never mentioned seas monsters. I don’t care what games you play, this game won’t last long enough to see the sea monsters lmao

Aren't you rude? If your so confident then why be a part of the community 

Just shut up and enjoy the damn game instead of going onto discussions that are meant as suggestions and are for fun, I'm not saying it will happen but it's also smart to assume it flat out won't happen either, you complaining and whining isn't speeding up development so that shits getting you nowhere

Edited by Scribelord

22 minutes ago, Scribelord said:

Aren't you rude? If your so confident then why be a part of the community 

Just shut up and enjoy the damn game instead of going onto discussions that are meant as suggestions and are for fun, I'm not saying it will happen but it's also smart to assume it flat out won't happen either, you complaining and whining isn't speeding up development so that shits getting you nowhere

Nah, I just know what’s going on. If you don’t that’s on your. I have enjoyed the game. I just know that no sea monsters are coming. I am definitely not the rude one here. Shame on you.

God yes please. The oceans feel so dead out there. as it is now most people I know just set sail and go AFK and do something else while sailing. It doesn’t all have to be dangerous. Just things to explore and discover. Mini games out at sea.

add:

different kinds of fish

more kinds of sharks

different whales

Mermaids/men would be cool

Ravenous sea cucumbers!

urchins

trench monsters

more underwater caves and things to discover out there

Ship wrecks should have unclaimed crew you can rescue

alphas

rabid sea gulls?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Faiyth said:

God yes please. The oceans feel so dead out there. as it is now most people I know just set sail and go AFK and do something else while sailing. It doesn’t all have to be dangerous. Just things to explore and discover. Mini games out at sea.

add:

different kinds of fish

more kinds of sharks

different whales

Ravenous sea cucumbers!

urchins

trench monsters

alphas

rabid sea gulls?

Not happening.

9 hours ago, Faiyth said:

add:

different kinds of fish

more kinds of sharks

different whales

Ravenous sea cucumbers!

urchins

trench monsters

alphas

rabid sea gulls?

You forgot sea anemones with lasers.

Edited by Cpt.Yarrr
  • Like 3

All kidding aside. If they want us to spend more time at sea there needs to be stuff to do out at sea. I’m anxious to see what they have in store! 

• Like 1

They need to fix lag and desync first. If I can't hit a thing because animals are teleporting and spazing with desynced hit boxes. Adding extra animals and other stuff is just waste of resources at this time.

Edited by IcyAxe

All I want is them to remove those stupid SOTD. i mean who came up with putting bright colours on ships in a pirate game?

Why not just have ships that we currently build sailing out at sea with NPC crew on that fires canons, you can jump on it and fight the NPC's or capture them and sink ship. I really never got the whole idea with bright coloured ships, seems stupid to me but there you go.

I think many of us have given ideas to them since the start but they either don't listen or unable to implement them because of their knowledge limitations.