Sign in to follow this  
Kostriktor

game supposed to be new

still feelsbad though.

- Head-Bobbing is unreal. yes, i turned off head-bob and melee-camera-animation, and yet, melee-weapons just take control of my crosshair.

- Vitamins. Get rid of this bs, thats not how eating works in the first place, and shouldnt be a thing in games.

- Weak-equipment. My stone-axe broke from 100 to 0 whilest fighting a bee ! let that sink in.

- HUD. the HUD is attrocious, just like in ARK. but at least that was toggleable, to see how much stamina i have actually left.

- Copy-pasted islands. yes, why ? cant you setup few more pieces of land ? honestly... so many exact copies of islands. not only is it confusing for new players, its just straight up lazy development...

- finally, my char died of dehydration after few minuts of gameplay.

wish i never bought this, because these Devs just dont seem to get a thing right..

Edited by Kostriktor
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Kostriktor said:

- Copy-pasted islands. yes, why ? cant you setup few more pieces of land ? honestly... so many exact copies of islands. not only is it confusing for new players, its just straight up lazy development...

This is a pain in the ass, especially when it comes to treasure maps. I haven't had a deep look into the map yet but back in the days you could easily have two twin islands on the same grid. It really was annoying to figure out which one contained the treasure.

5 minutes ago, Kostriktor said:

- Vitamins. Get rid of this bs, thats not how eating works in the first place, and shouldnt be a thing in games.

100% agree. I think nobody enjoys/likes that system. They should either rework it or remove it completely.

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Christopher Blake said:

100% agree. I think nobody enjoys/likes that system. They should either rework it or remove it completely.

indeed, i had read that they disabled them long ago, did they eneable them again? also the speed at wich you lose water is utterly stupid, can even run across half island without getting dehydrated

• Thanks 1

i think the systems are ok. its just the balances that are waaaay off.

i would love to see some of these developers grocery bills.

kill a 5 ton elephant? yeah, that is about 5 kilo of meat, which is about what a light snack is...

i get thirsty and need a gatoraide walking from my cubicle to the bathroom so....if im running around an island i would obviously need 300 liters of water per minute.

when Bob lowers the office thermostat 1 degree i get sooooo cold. i bet a 5 degree change people would freeze to DEATH!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, The D Legacy said:

indeed, i had read that they disabled them long ago, did they eneable them again? also the speed at wich you lose water is utterly stupid, can even run across half island without getting dehydrated

It's still on. I do wonder whether they've fixed the recipes tho. I remember making particular recipes that would increase my vitamins but they had 0 effects.

In relation to water consumption I'd say it depends. Hotter biomes can be a pain in the *ss. I'd honestly leave it the way it is. We have enough with the vitamin system to also worry about water.

the developer doesnt fix things in this game. they just release more "content", as in; cosmetics.
mechanics, engine, stuff that matters to the gameplay, are just abbandoned.

feels like they got this programmed by some fiver-ppl.

• Like 1