Sign in to follow this  
sjskdjkfa

Looking for a guide or tips to transition from ark to atlas

Some preliminary questions. Should I build a ship or a land base, is a ship even a base? Should I tame animals, like is it as important as in ark to do so? Are animals good harvesters?

1 hour ago, sjskdjkfa said:

Some preliminary questions. Should I build a ship or a land base, is a ship even a base? Should I tame animals, like is it as important as in ark to do so? Are animals good harvesters?

Land bases are far safer, you can lose everything in seconds with a ship base and it is far harder to maintain a ship base, with NPC crew costs and repairing damage on the hull.

Animals are amazing harvesters, and are almost as important as they are in Ark.

If you are in a small group, just expect your ships to be sunk at any point, do not invest heavily in them, use them to get resources not available on your island, then bring them back. 

Ships are extremely hard to defend requiring massive investments into defenses just to have one somewhat safe. It is far better now that it was at the launch of the game but they are still very vulnerable to attack, especially when you are first starting out.

11 hours ago, sjskdjkfa said:

this game is a copy paste or ARK, to the point where we use a big part of ARK hotkeys and features like how you drink water from the ground etc, so just play it as you would play ARK

Edited by The D Legacy

at this point i would not bother. get a refund if you can.

if you can not get a refund i would avoid any guides or anything. build a raft, explore a little, get a couple hours thrill of adventure. after that the game completely falls apart

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, sjskdjkfa said:

Best tip I can give is that you are making a very bad decision to begin with. If you do happen to decide to be stupid, then yes I feel the need to help you out and deter you as much as I can. Ark was just a finger in the butt for you. Guess what atlas is? Yeah I can’t tell you that because I would like to stay on the forums. 

it is important to remember that finger though. Very important 

18 hours ago, Pooter said:

Best tip I can give is that you are making a very bad decision to begin with. If you do happen to decide to be stupid, then yes I feel the need to help you out and deter you as much as I can. Ark was just a finger in the butt for you. Guess what atlas is? Yeah I can’t tell you that because I would like to stay on the forums. 

it is important to remember that finger though. Very important 

Maybe I'm just a glut for fingers and such lol jk jk. I am having some fun playing it, and the ocean is beautiful tho.