Jump to content

Percieval

Well done Grapeshot!

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, FatalCrazy said:

106720300_3206952456031052_3827036412564131105_o.thumb.jpg.cea929c81689ac87e6d46a0421f65289.jpg

 

I liked this new world map, it has no new content. 

They said this change is to enter new content in future, the game is easier now. 

Many players expect great new content, come soon, let's hope it happens after this update.

It won’t. It never does. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually I need a breather from getting mauled by a rare spawn 🤦‍♂️ and had some time to reflect so here we go...

 

1. Does the usage of the word "Season" mean wipes will be a consistent game element when "pre-release" ends? Like sports seasons or something?

If yes, ok, good to know..

If no then is "Season" being used as short for development phase during "pre-release"?..Can ya ballpark guess how many "Seasons" till its officially "released"?...

In either case any plans to change how wipes are handled?... Carry over, unlocks, rankings etc?

 

2. Can ya offer ANY specifics on the new features YOU mentioned, for example...

How will the farm work?

How will the dock work? Is it a parking spot or an npc activity hub or something?

Tradewinds?.. So like lanes with better wind speed and more predictable direction?...  If so any other goodies associated? If not then, uhhh what are they?

Warehouses?.. Better spoil timers maybe? Or deeper?... Like a universal resource access point for members spread around th map?..

Am i hot or cold lol 🤷‍♂️

Any other ideas on the table?...

Answering question 1 asap is pretty important imo..

Question 2 I understand, kind of, if it cant be FULLY answered atm... But ya got ANYTHING at all more specific than game jargon?

 

3. Any timetables shorter than "months"..for example a specific feature sooner or higher on the priority list?

I understand that your still addressing server optimization but some basic, chatty conversation would be nice... Tweets are overrated..

 

GL hope to hear something soon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Pooter said:

Because you already made the mistake of saying they cared to begin with. Others that have known about them since the beginning of ark tried to give a warning and they were not listened to. It was very easy to see what was going to happen. Hence why we were smarter. When didn’t need to get ignored/abandoned for months to know what would happen lmao. 
 

gotta love the idiots that say “well you don’t know yet” nah, we knew. Some people just see it coming before others. Not everyone is equal.

Oh I’ve been through the shitshow at ARK. But everyone deserves a second chance don’t they. It went relatively good in the beginning but they stopped responding in november. So it wasn’t easy. It was a bold statement that luckily came through. Nothing more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Percieval said:

Oh I’ve been through the shitshow at ARK. But everyone deserves a second chance don’t they. It went relatively good in the beginning but they stopped responding in november. So it wasn’t easy. It was a bold statement that luckily came through. Nothing more. 

No, people only deserve a second chance when they have actually changed. Others noticed things here and there that showed otherwise which is why they knew what would happen. I don’t man, if they make a third game are you going to say they deserve a third chance? I hope not, because you might have battered wife syndrome at that point. “But he said he would change” lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Atlas is a game without a clear direction, it was presented as a pirate game built on the Ark engine where you and your crew could sail around and go on adventures, fighting at sea, and it had some land bases.

What we got was a ground based game with a few ships, most combat took place fighting over islands with absurd mega-companies dominating everything. Literally locking people off  the server because they brought so many people to the fight. Ship tended to be used as mobile spawning points and artillery platforms for specific bombardment of areas. You send in a crew that could grapple, fly, or climb to an area, and take out the defense crew in an area, then use ships to hit the walls to breach them with large cannons from long range. Mostly when people were offline and your company was online.

A small group basically could do nothing because the Megas controlled most of the islands (Not all but most) and even controlled lawless islands. If you got too big, you got trampled upon because you became a threat. the "join us or die" mantra was repeated a lot.

So they were like right, the pirate thing isn't really working, so lets lean into the "magic punk" aspect and add more mythical creatures, submarines and torpedoes, but still have people be at the mercy of the wind. They allowed you to get fantastically overpowered ships that could take on multiple normal ships with ease by literally one shotting normal ships even ones with a few upgrades. Because balance? Whats that? How about we just allow mega companies to control all the resources they need to be able to make OPed death machines that no one has a hope of challenging because "they worked for it" and changing the game isn't an option, we have to keep that in because the megas, will get mad when they cant use their blueprints to be able to destroy everyone and leave, since they drove everyone else away from the game, that would kill our game.


Things they should change:

Nerf blueprints to a 2% bonus per material used beyond 1. 2 material 2%, 3 material 4%, ECT. 

Hard cap company size and alliance sizes to a much lower number,  total numbers of players in alliances instead such as 150 total players, that way many small groups can ally up, but it handicaps megas. I know that Mega's will still work around this, but make it harder for them and it will also cause more drama for them when they constantly have to sort out. 


I do not know how to sort out the material scaling, where when you are small and in the stone age, it takes forever to get anything done, but when you are a mega, it takes minutes to build ships. Maybe limit resource respawning on islands by a lot, 12 hours per tree and rock or something, so that they cant clear an entire island of resources, then do it again as soon as it respawns. This prevents megas from spawn clearing entire areas every 30 minutes or w/e the absurdly low time is. Also, limit the special materials to rare spawns and have generic versions be the default to limit blueprint usage. have "metal" and "rock" and a generic "alloy" for generic cannons and rifles.



I still think they should add factions to allow people to have a "safe" haven that they can somewhat rely on to be more friendly, so they can build relationships with people around them instead of instantly distrusting literally everyone around them, to be able to build up. 


The New player experience is rather abruptly ended at level 8 with your next step being onto lawless islands where you get murdered instantly. You haven't even built your first hut yet and you are being murdered by guys with guns and you are still working with basic spears trying to figure out how to build things and where resources come from. I think factions would bridge that gap between freeport and OMG EVERYONE IS AN ENEMY. I just lost the ship I spent 3 hours figuring out how to build, and now I have nothing after being one shot by a rifle and do not know what happened. Uninstall.
I am a long time player of ARK and other games similar to this, most people aren't on that level, and will quit because they do not understand what happened.

 

Edited by Evir
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Evir said:

Atlas is a game without a clear direction, it was presented as a pirate game built on the Ark engine where you and your crew could sail around and go on adventures, fighting at sea, and it had some land bases.

What we got was a ground based game with a few ships, most combat took place fighting over islands with absurd mega-companies dominating everything. Literally locking people off  the server because they brought so many people to the fight. Ship tended to be used as mobile spawning points and artillery platforms for specific bombardment of areas. You send in a crew that could grapple, fly, or climb to an area, and take out the defense crew in an area, then use ships to hit the walls to breach them with large cannons from long range. Mostly when people were offline and your company was online.

A small group basically could do nothing because the Megas controlled most of the islands (Not all but most) and even controlled lawless islands. If you got too big, you got trampled upon because you became a threat. the "join us or die" mantra was repeated a lot.

So they were like right, the pirate thing isn't really working, so lets lean into the "magic punk" aspect and add more mythical creatures, submarines and torpedoes, but still have people be at the mercy of the wind. They allowed you to get fantastically overpowered ships that could take on multiple normal ships with ease by literally one shotting normal ships even ones with a few upgrades. Because balance? Whats that? How about we just allow mega companies to control all the resources they need to be able to make OPed death machines that no one has a hope of challenging because "they worked for it" and changing the game isn't an option, we have to keep that in because the megas, will get mad when they cant use their blueprints to be able to destroy everyone and leave, since they drove everyone else away from the game, that would kill our game.


Things they should change:

Nerf blueprints to a 2% bonus per material used beyond 1. 2 material 2%, 3 material 4%, ECT. 

Hard cap company size and alliance sizes to a much lower number,  total numbers of players in alliances instead such as 150 total players, that way many small groups can ally up, but it handicaps megas. I know that Mega's will still work around this, but make it harder for them and it will also cause more drama for them when they constantly have to sort out. 


I do not know how to sort out the material scaling, where when you are small and in the stone age, it takes forever to get anything done, but when you are a mega, it takes minutes to build ships. Maybe limit resource respawning on islands by a lot, 12 hours per tree and rock or something, so that they cant clear an entire island of resources, then do it again as soon as it respawns. This prevents megas from spawn clearing entire areas every 30 minutes or w/e the absurdly low time is. Also, limit the special materials to rare spawns and have generic versions be the default to limit blueprint usage. have "metal" and "rock" and a generic "alloy" for generic cannons and rifles.



I still think they should add factions to allow people to have a "safe" haven that they can somewhat rely on to be more friendly, so they can build relationships with people around them instead of instantly distrusting literally everyone around them, to be able to build up. 


The New player experience is rather abruptly ended at level 8 with your next step being onto lawless islands where you get murdered instantly. You haven't even built your first hut yet and you are being murdered by guys with guns and you are still working with basic spears trying to figure out how to build things and where resources come from. I think factions would bridge that gap between freeport and OMG EVERYONE IS AN ENEMY. I just lost the ship I spent 3 hours figuring out how to build, and now I have nothing after being one shot by a rifle and do not know what happened. Uninstall.
I am a long time player of ARK and other games similar to this, most people aren't on that level, and will quit because they do not understand what happened.

 

That is why even when people try to say there is pvp I always laugh at them. Even the videos I have seen I really haven’t seen legit pvp. Maybe once or twice but I can’t remember. Usually involves some sort of exploit or “cheat” even though it may not be considered  cheating to some. This ain’t the game for pvp, plenty of other games for actual pvp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pooter said:

No, people only deserve a second chance when they have actually changed. Others noticed things here and there that showed otherwise which is why they knew what would happen. I don’t man, if they make a third game are you going to say they deserve a third chance? I hope not, because you might have battered wife syndrome at that point. “But he said he would change” lol

Right. So when the servers went to shit, the people already knew it was going to be shit? I don’t think you understand what saying lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Percieval said:

Right. So when the servers went to shit, the people already knew it was going to be shit? I don’t think you understand what saying lol. 

I already knew it was going to be shit from the minute they “accidentally” leaked the trailer. It has been pathetic this whole time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GUYS I CAME BACK BECAUSE I HEARD THERE WAS GREAT UPDATE ! MANY CONTENTS WERE HEARD!

For real though, I came back to spread salt, and it seems it has been done already. This is how I imagine most of the people defending this game.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

https://youtu.be/GQEhuVS7Wj8?t=128

 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Inigo said:

GUYS I CAME BACK BECAUSE I HEARD THERE WAS GREAT UPDATE ! MANY CONTENTS WERE HEARD!

For real though, I came back to spread salt, and it seems it has been done already. This is how I imagine most of the people defending this game.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

https://youtu.be/GQEhuVS7Wj8?t=128

 

😂😂😂😂 yes, every white knight sounds exactly like that right now. These poor people. I don’t think we can get through to the stupid though. You can’t fix stupid remember? I wish we could. I don’t have hope for the game but I would still like to have hope for the fan boys. Those poor people. I feel so much pity for them it’s not even funny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/7/2020 at 7:43 PM, Pooter said:

😂😂😂😂 yes, every white knight sounds exactly like that right now. These poor people. I don’t think we can get through to the stupid though. You can’t fix stupid remember? I wish we could. I don’t have hope for the game but I would still like to have hope for the fan boys. Those poor people. I feel so much pity for them it’s not even funny.

And you pity him, that’s ironic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally am not sure where Atlas is heading, but one thing is for sure, people have a right to play it and and enjoy as much as people have the right not to. Besides I and many others have had our moneys worth so far. If people are that bothered about a realistic pvp pyrate game, then inundate ubi with requests to speed up skull and bones. I mean that's been in production for nearly 3 years now and so far I've only ever seen a demo!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought of revisiting as i was up for a survival style game, saw it had quite a few players, but turns out it's a bait and switch from what's in OPs post.

14 hours ago, Whitehawk said:

I personally am not sure where Atlas is heading, but one thing is for sure, people have a right to play it and and enjoy as much as people have the right not to. Besides I and many others have had our moneys worth so far. If people are that bothered about a realistic pvp pyrate game, then inundate ubi with requests to speed up skull and bones. I mean that's been in production for nearly 3 years now and so far I've only ever seen a demo!

I dont think anyone is challenging people enjoying the game, but they are challenging the devs lack of direction and neglect of the game, which i think is fair to do.

If those who work on the game said themselves they will pull the plug if things don't pan out, i think that's something people who DO like the game should be worried about, especially if they're hardly showing any signs of communication and throwing out hollow content.

This game still has a chance, but i think the team don't care anymore and want to move on to other games

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...