Percieval

Well done Grapeshot!

You’ve single-handedly managed to screw over the community (probably one last time). I mean I’ve got to hand it to you, it was a great troll. 

Making the community believe that you’ve actually implemented new content with a ‘new map’ which is the old map, just rearranged - with ARK berries in it though.

This update once again made us 1 step closer to the complete downfall of this game, or what’s left of it. I sincerely hope that Jat and Dollie can still look themselves in the eyes in a mirror since they’re the ones threw Atlas in the toilet and then flushed a few times.

For everyone enjoying the game: good. But please, do not get your hopes up. I’ve defended this games for months on end because I believed this was a game that could last a decade - sadly I was wrong. Some new ‘devs’ and a community manager won’t change that. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Atlas has a lot of things right already. Glad changes weren't drastic.  Upcoming content sounds interesting.

• Like 2

Lol updates been out lil over a day and everyones crying. No wonder the player base is so toxic. You ppl literally cry iver EVERYTHING!!!!

Spamming the forums with pointless and non sensible rage make zero sense.

Ive literally watched the forums be raided by crying children for over a year. Yet you are STILL here so grow the hell up. 

You ALREADY know how the games going to progress. Post your dam bugs and complaints in a manner beffiting of a mature human being and POSSIBLY  just POSSIBLY the community devs might be willing to update you. If i was the developer id give 2 fucks abt this community.  All you have done is bi#%h and moan for over a year bashing the very company creating the game YOUR crybaby a$$ ppl are playing.

God help me im surrounded by stupid!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Depthbysoul said:

Lol updates been out lil over a day and everyones crying. No wonder the player base is so toxic. You ppl literally cry iver EVERYTHING!!!!

Ive literally watched the forums be raided by crying children for over a year. Yet you are STILL here so grow the hell up. 

You ALREADY know how the games going to progress. Post your dam bugs and complaints in a manner beffiting of a mature human being and POSSIBLY  just POSSIBLY the community devs might be willing to update you. If i was the developer id give 2 fucks abt this community.  All you have done is bi#%h and moan for over a year bashing the very company creating the game YOUR crybaby a$$ ppl are playing.

People who complain for long periods are usually impassioned to see the game survive.

People who insult others and expect forced smiles while the playerbase shrivels are shooting themselves in the foot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Depthbysoul said:

The irony in this post 😂

How many hours have you got in the game exactly? Because most of us here "complaining" have been here from day 1

People are entitled to post here, it's what a forum is for. I can assure you most of us are not children, far from it but I'm assuming you are? From your grammer.

I notice you say you've been watching the forums but suddenly decide to create an account? Tells me everything I need to know.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Depthbysoul said:

They threw out another one of their famous "updates" in combination with a steam sale to milk another round of idiots. By the looks of it, you are one of them.

They sold you a "new" map, which is conveniently smaller (less running costs for them) and silently ditched the NA PvE community and no one cared. They just string you along from one false promise to another, squeezing out as much as possible in the process. Go check the last "roadmap" and their promises. Go check out the "This is the last wipe, promise" posts when they milked the XBox community. Go check out the patchnotes from the last year. A bunch of half assed fixes and ofc.. sorry. they added cats. Yay.

4 hours ago, Thayxen said:

Atlas has a lot of things right already. Glad changes weren't drastic.  Upcoming content sounds interesting.

Not really 

6 hours ago, Percieval said:

You’ve single-handedly managed to screw over the community (probably one last time). I mean I’ve got to hand it to you, it was a great troll. 

Making the community believe that you’ve actually implemented new content with a ‘new map’ which is the old map, just rearranged - with ARK berries in it though.

This update once again made us 1 step closer to the complete downfall of this game, or what’s left of it. I sincerely hope that Jat and Dollie can still look themselves in the eyes in a mirror since they’re the ones threw Atlas in the toilet and then flushed a few times.

For everyone enjoying the game: good. But please, do not get your hopes up. I’ve defended this games for months on end because I believed this was a game that could last a decade - sadly I was wrong. Some new ‘devs’ and a community manager won’t change that. 

Yeah I tried to tell you and many others that a long time ago.

4 hours ago, Depthbysoul said:

I think you need a nap dude.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Depthbysoul said:

Hey depth. If you’re pointing a message towards me, make sure it is correct. When the game came out and it was complete shit, I defended it. When they implemented the new claim system people were still very critical but I defended it & when they did the SoTD change, everyone was bashing and I, again, defended it.

After that last update, it went dark because they wanted to bring the game to xbox. And when they brought the game onto xbox, the two main people of Atlas, Jat and Dollie left this game to work on an ARK DLC without ANY notification towards the Atlas community. The project manager left aswel and to top it all off, the community manager did nothing but ignore the community for more than 7 months on end now. You think that it’s all rainbow and sunshines - but it definitely is not.

If we look back to december 2018 and july 2020, what exactly has changed in a large perspective? Hmm, we’ve got different sizes of SoTD, another claiming system and trenches. Woohoo. That’s some progress in 19 months right there. 

Ever since the devs stopped working on this game (november-december) I’ve been critical. Am I allowed to? Yes. Does that make me an idiot? No. I have spent hundreds of hours in a game, reporting any bug there was to be found. Then finally we get something from the devs, and it is once again a huge disappointment for anyone that feels close to this game.

The devs have lied to us, once again. A ‘new world’ would be here, which is nothing but a remake of a map which made it even harder for smaller pvp groups and even laggier for pve servers. All for the ‘sake of the game’ - aka their money pockets.

Jeremy or Jat said in Nov 2019 that they would pull the plug if the Atlas project wouldn’t work out as planned. Having 2K players in population, abandoned by project managers and ignored by the community manager, it would surprise me if Jeremy or Jat would call that ‘as planned’.

Don’t quote me as if I’m some new kid on the block, I’ve been here all along listening to the shit of the community because the devs were ‘failing this game’ - well, now that they’re actually are, I will damn sure open my mouth about it. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Percieval said:

Making the community believe that you’ve actually implemented new content with a ‘new map’

Although I agree they've kind of laughed at the community in the past, I must also say that the only way believing such a thing was by reading the title of the announcement and not the announcement itself. I was very happy when I read the title since I thought they had been working in a whole new map, but once you read the actual announcement you realised it wasn't like that.

i like the update! great work and exited what to come in the future:)!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, hartsia said:

But.. nothing has changed?

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Percieval said:

But.. nothing has changed?

2 hours ago, hartsia said:

Guess what hartsia? You made me agree with Percy over here. That is never a good thing. 

worst off is you thought they were doing a good job. I mean we’re you doing the whole 60’s Woodstock crap where anything is good and you don’t care because of all the drugs. Or are you all sjw to the point of not matter how much someone sucks they deserve to be praised as they did something monumental? 

please give me more info.

Haven't logged on since they wiped the NA server...so...much..grinding....flushed.....

I've stuck through some shitshow mmorpgs over the years too...Games that could have made billions and been both revolutionary and insanely fun...

The tech that goes into making these things jive...to let 100s or 1000s of players interact w eachother and the environment in realtime, via a multitude of scenarios, in a dynamic synthetic reality can be simply awe inspiring to a guy my age.

Ive learned as a result to let some shit slide...

However....

Basic mechanics so poorly mismanaged...

Zero in game reimbursement after a wipe....

PR updates so out of touch w reality....

This game itself screams potential. A few tweaks, lil polish, some proper management and some clear decision making could launch it into the stratosphere.

Seriously. No bs.

However, the things going on atm are the exact opposite. Ill take a pass on beta testing for a charge... or being milked then brushed off or whatever the fugg is going on..

Going to spend money w the competition now...

Gonna offer to fix ALL of it for a fee still but till we talk, buh bye...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Percieval said:

Don’t quote me as if I’m some new kid on the block, I’ve been here all along listening to the shit of the community because the devs were ‘failing this game’ - well, now that they’re actually are, I will damn sure open my mouth about it.

Ye, sorry bout that. I know you where defending the game and team since the beginning, but some of us told you upfront, this is ARKlogic most of the time. 

Let's hope for the best this time. That's all we can, asking and begging befor it failes big time.

Edited by Cpt.Yarrr

19 hours ago, Percieval said:

You probably just should have listened to the others from the beginning then. You tried to call them out before and know he was calling you out now. You sound just like the others did back then when you tried to dismiss what they were saying. The only thing that has changed is that those people were smarter than you because they saw it coming a lot sooner than you did. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pooter said:

You probably just should have listened to the others from the beginning then. You tried to call them out before and know he was calling you out now. You sound just like the others did back then when you tried to dismiss what they were saying. The only thing that has changed is that those people were smarter than you because they saw it coming a lot sooner than you did. 

How exactly are they smarter? When the game launched and the player population was 300% more than what the devs were expecting, the server problems were normal. Exactly like finding out what claiming system to use and what not.

You can’t compare them in the slightest so maybe you should keep the thought of who’s smarter here to yourself lol. 

2 hours ago, Percieval said:

How exactly are they smarter? When the game launched and the player population was 300% more than what the devs were expecting, the server problems were normal. Exactly like finding out what claiming system to use and what not.

You can’t compare them in the slightest so maybe you should keep the thought of who’s smarter here to yourself lol. 

Nah, they claimed that there could be 40k on every cluster which purely based on slots per server each cluster could only hold 33,750 so they pretty much lied on that. They were complete idiots and they weren't the only ones lol.

so the game should have been able to hold 160k by their count and there was barely over 50k and they couldn’t even handle that. So I am not sure if you are getting the 300% comment from another lied they told or you are just really bad at guessing. This company preys on the stupid and they have done a very good job at it. Smh.

Edited by Pooter

I've been playing all weekend and I'm having a fucking blast. Tons of PVP, tons of PVE. Lots of fun I'm on NA Kraken in a big ass company maxed out pop. Every server map has 50+ in golden ruins area if not more.   I'm enjoying it. They hot patched bugs . I believe they need to trust the people and do more Public Test Realms with big stuff like this.  Listen to the constructive criticism, but not the haters! This is a great update! Well done developers.  Good job!

2 hours ago, Pooter said:

Nah, they claimed that there could be 40k on every cluster which purely based on slots per server each cluster could only hold 33,750 so they pretty much lied on that. They were complete idiots and they weren't the only ones lol.

so the game should have been able to hold 160k by their count and there was barely over 50k and they couldn’t even handle that. So I am not sure if you are getting the 300% comment from another lied they told or you are just really bad at guessing. This company preys on the stupid and they have done a very good job at it. Smh.

Nope, it was said at the first livestream they did when they still cared about the development. But please, do explain to me how the people that were screaming that the devs are stupid and that the game won’t be anything at the very start of the game when it was still being developed were smarter than we are right now after we haven’t got a word from a community manager or a talkative update in more than 6 months? 

45 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Nope, it was said at the first livestream they did when they still cared about the development. But please, do explain to me how the people that were screaming that the devs are stupid and that the game won’t be anything at the very start of the game when it was still being developed were smarter than we are right now after we haven’t got a word from a community manager or a talkative update in more than 6 months? 

Because you already made the mistake of saying they cared to begin with. Others that have known about them since the beginning of ark tried to give a warning and they were not listened to. It was very easy to see what was going to happen. Hence why we were smarter. When didn’t need to get ignored/abandoned for months to know what would happen lmao. 

gotta love the idiots that say “well you don’t know yet” nah, we knew. Some people just see it coming before others. Not everyone is equal.

106720300_3206952456031052_3827036412564131105_o.thumb.jpg.cea929c81689ac87e6d46a0421f65289.jpg

I liked this new world map, it has no new content. 

They said this change is to enter new content in future, the game is easier now. 

Many players expect great new content, come soon, let's hope it happens after this update.

Edited by FatalCrazy

5 minutes ago, FatalCrazy said:

106720300_3206952456031052_3827036412564131105_o.thumb.jpg.cea929c81689ac87e6d46a0421f65289.jpg

They said this change is to enter new content in future, the game is easier now. 

Many players expect great new content, come soon, let's hope it happens after this update.

Yes they have said they are adding warehouses, not sure how this is going to work out as we have resource boxes.

They've also said they are adding controllable trade lanes or routes whatever the wording was. Just you wait until they add these trade routes in PvE,  you will have the megas controlling them and they will not let you past or if you have to pay they will clean you out if you're willing to pay it.

Many of us know what to expect because we've expected nothing else, failure. So I wouldn't get your hopes up over new content if I was you. I hope I am wrong and they change the game around but I know from experience it's not likely to be the case.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, FatalCrazy said:

cant help but to wonder why we are not being answered but people in tweeter are?

• Like 1

Was going to ask important, specific, and thoughtful questions regarding the development schedule....

Then i realized, i shouldn't have to ask...

Peace out back to the other game im having a blast on...

• Like 1