Fredrik

Suggestion for hand-driven wood cart(s)

While taming is a nice option, it is also very time-consuming. Handdriven carts would therefore be an easy and realistic way of transporting more weight than the player's inventory can hold. They wouldn't be able to carry as much as a bear with a cart, of course. Until the player finds and spends time taming a bear, the carts would be a good method of gathering resources and not having to run a whole lot to and from the base. It would be a good option if one does not choose to learn the taming skill at the start, and the carts would be smaller than a bear with a cart so  players can move them more easily than a bear with a cart.

The carts could be crafted with or without metal and have the recipe including metal be a faster version which could carry more weight than the one without metal.

_wooden_cart_31.jpgE04C0464-EFA1-4C24-96

Edited by Fredrik
Better explanation
  • Like 1

I fully agree with this. I've posted this before, and I'll do it again: Devs, I get you want people to use tames. Cool! People will. Let us use the rest of the stuff you put in the game too.
Pulling a cart yourself could even be marginally slower, but it would be so nice.

• Like 1

A weight boosted raft is actually useful now for getting into the shallows and moving stuff to main base or ship, especially with boxes holding more slots.   Rarely gets stuck on shore or rocks anymore.  They should make a survival version of it (cheap like the freeport version) that does not need a dock and comes with a hand cart for moving stuff to shore, then the raft for shore to ship.

Edited by krazmuze
  • Like 1

For those who don't wanna play tames (I personally don't wanna play tames) what they actually need is:

- Give every1 in basic survival skill ability to tame/buy a horse and build cargo harness to it.

- Also make dinghy able to carry stuff and one click to transfer stuff to boat.

It'll solve all carrying stuff problems without tames.

9 hours ago, George Catcher said:

For those who don't wanna play tames (I personally don't wanna play tames) what they actually need is:

- Give every1 in basic survival skill ability to tame/buy a horse and build cargo harness to it.

- Also make dinghy able to carry stuff and one click to transfer stuff to boat.

It'll solve all carrying stuff problems without tames.

A horse is a tame....so you last statement does not apply!  It is just more realistic than a bear.

A horse is a tame....so you last statement does not apply!

Yeah. What I meant is to play without beast mastery. Horse with cargo harness should be basic, because we always need to carry like hell alot of stuff all around the atlas.