Sign in to follow this  
Whitehawk

So what do you all think?

Ok, so apart from the usual spawning into the sea, (SP) .no resource bugs(again) and getting stuck, which all seem to happen everytime now. What does everyone actually think of the new update? For me I am not happy about the wipe again, and maybe another one coming for pve eventually( maybe not). But for now at least, pve seems almost like business as usual. Haven't played the pvp yet so can't comment on the claiming etc. And I haven't claimed any land yet in pve either. Is that still the same?

We have new devs but same mistakes, i wont critize features that have nothing to do with the map rework as that is the only thing they have reworked, but only 1 day has passed and in the PVE server EVERYTHING that is not lawless is owned, and everything that is lawless is spamed with fundations, so why are we still applying the same set up of PVP in the PVE servers? we suffered from heavy griefing before and they havent learnt from that yet, whats the point of having entire islands owned by 1 person while other people dont have where to settle??? how does that make any sense???

Edited by The D Legacy
  • Like 1

I have played now today for 8hrs or so on PVE and the crowds remind me of being at a campground on the 4th of July. I have been stuck in a hole twice. It seems like the map has been changed  exclusively to make PVP better which is what they said they were doing. Right now there is 70 to 80 people in every almost lawless server. Player interaction indeed! FYI, Alice island that was in L9 is now in G3, happy to see that it made the cut. I was also impressed that they kept the time table that they said they would for the update. Hats off for that.

Edited by Gomez Addams

Not happy at all because i've seen it first hand. They have reduced the size of the map and the islands therefor trying to cram everyone close together. The trouble is, i've encounted numerous people spamming foundation along the shore so can't place shipyard. I'm not saying this is for every island but i've been to 2 and seen same thing, don't think I want to move on to find out what the others is like.

They thought forcing the NA players to EU was going to benefit everyone but it's just doubled the trouble, reduced grids, islands and more griefing/blocking. I gave it ago, I just lost motivation from it to be honest.

I can tell you right now, the numbers will drop dramatically, I'm not joking, i've seen it and people fighting/arguing in chat over spam. I don't see a future for PvE as it is. I don't know if this is their plan, p*** people off to force them to PvP but it's not going to work.

I dread to think what the controllable trade lanes will be like, you'll just have them griefing and not letting you pass, I'm disappointed with it, was hoping for something better but shouldn't be surprised really.

Yes all problems of the game remain they are just multiplied by the smaller map and less servers, it is the same on pvp.
Also they talked that they plan to add some form of highway route so you can travel the map much faster and distances get even smaller that way. All in all it looks like numbers on the new map will drop much lower than with the old one. Way fewer player can ruin the map now completely and drive the players off again.

I hope they fix this with what else they have planned but we know nothing and it would be a wild guess.

Ive just been to a freeport where the passage is so narrow I didn't think I would get my ship in, so I have also noticed terrain and islands have been done with pvp in mind. On a plus side the smaller map has improved my xbox graphs and performance. It would have been good if they could have added a bit of content, even a damn carpet would have been nice. But overall the update did go quite smoothly, and as has been said, on time too. So lets see what they do next. That's if people can handle the overcrowding in pve anyway, at least in pvp you can blow them up.

I just don't know right now. I'm not terribly enthusiastic about dumping hours upon hours in this again. The fact that the resource thing is happening again is... just sad, really. However, it was impressive that they actually got this out on time and not 13 hours later. Right now, my ship is anchored at an island with a few hundred gold aboard and I'm deciding whether it's worth it. I have an Ark series I'm working on. I am reeeally enjoying working through the Dark Souls games and Sekiro. I'm also working through Red Dead 2. I'm waiting for Grounded to release at the end of the month. I'm waiting for New World next month. And to be honest, the only thing I really enjoy about Atlas is the ocean simply because I moved to the middle of north Texas and miss Portland, Maine, which I can't visit because of the pandemic. I don't have much hope in the devs. I don't have much hope for the game. I'd like to be wrong. But I'm very close to dumping all my crap into an unlocked box on the beach, deleting my character, and uninstalling the game for good.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Shadowcub said:

I just don't know right now. I'm not terribly enthusiastic about dumping hours upon hours in this again. The fact that the resource thing is happening again is... just sad, really. However, it was impressive that they actually got this out on time and not 13 hours later. Right now, my ship is anchored at an island with a few hundred gold aboard and I'm deciding whether it's worth it. I have an Ark series I'm working on. I am reeeally enjoying working through the Dark Souls games and Sekiro. I'm also working through Red Dead 2. I'm waiting for Grounded to release at the end of the month. I'm waiting for New World next month. And to be honest, the only thing I really enjoy about Atlas is the ocean simply because I moved to the middle of north Texas and miss Portland, Maine, which I can't visit because of the pandemic. I don't have much hope in the devs. I don't have much hope for the game. I'd like to be wrong. But I'm very close to dumping all my crap into an unlocked box on the beach, deleting my character, and uninstalling the game for good.

I actually went to bed early to wake up early expecting at least 5 hours of delay XD

5 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

We have new devs but same mistakes, i wont critize features that have nothing to do with the map rework as that is the only thing they have reworked, but only 1 day has passed and in the PVE server EVERYTHING that is not lawless is owned, and everything that is lawless is spamed with fundations, so why are we still applying the same set up of PVP in the PVE servers? we suffered from heavy griefing before and they havent learnt from that yet, whats the point of having entire islands owned by 1 person while other people dont have where to settle??? how does that make any sense???

Kind of makes you wonder if they are new devs or just went all witness protection on is hi my name is chismebeard a.k.a. Dollie and so forth. Even had a different back story and everything.