Sign in to follow this  
gadefence

Great server restart, guys!

Nice job breaking it, heroes.

Server's been up for like 8 hours and mega corps already own chunks of the PvE map with the idea of selling off islands once people have got for like 30-100k a piece. Some zones have 1 company owning all islands.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, gadefence said:

Server's been up for like 8 hours and mega corps already own chunks of the PvE map with the idea of selling off islands once people have got for like 30-100k a piece. Some zones have 1 company owning all islands.

i have always believed megas are not a good idea but apparently they still think they are *shrugs*

I decided to jump on and give it ago on PvE, got to a big island on lawless and the spam already is unbelievable. Could not even put a shipyard down, sailed around and all blocked. I just don't know if I have the motivation anymore to sail island to island.

Soon as I entered the grid chat comes up with "why are you blocking my path?" "it's not your path, we build where we want" "why do you have to spam like this?" it was all just deja vu for me.  I think with them forcing NA onto a smaller map with EU is just going to get worse, I hope I'm wrong but from what I seen I'm not hopeful. They did say it would bring more conflict and battles, not wrong there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, gadefence said:

Yep. They literally 💩 the bed. I knew it. All they did was make a new map that isn’t really that different. Megas will always be Megas(losers), but I am starting to think they just used this map as an excuse to give the Megas something to do aka destroy all the new companies. 

I won’t even bother with the game this time around or as they call it “season”. Pretty sad when they say season but what they really mean is we wiped you again. Season 4 everyone 

1 hour ago, DannyUK said:

I decided to jump on and give it ago on PvE, got to a big island on lawless and the spam already is unbelievable. Could not even put a shipyard down, sailed around and all blocked. I just don't know if I have the motivation anymore to sail island to island.

Soon as I entered the grid chat comes up with "why are you blocking my path?" "it's not your path, we build where we want" "why do you have to spam like this?" it was all just deja vu for me.  I think with them forcing NA onto a smaller map with EU is just going to get worse, I hope I'm wrong but from what I seen I'm not hopeful. They did say it would bring more conflict and battles, not wrong there.

Yeah just sold me on not coming back lol thank you for going through that so I don’t have to. You have my gratitude.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I just logged out and there were 80 online in 1 zone..

The atmosphere in there was a bit... questionable.. people being idiots for the sake of it, killing tames while others were taming them for lols and giving each other grief even for asking questions. Guessing the kids came out of hiding. But mixing 2 regions into a smaller map is going to have people living on top of each other. And that's going to put people's backs up over resources and space etc.

People were spamming foundations all over beach fronts which I get if you want to expand to that point and reserve your land until you build on it but sometimes spamming way beyond what you'd need and where it clearly isn't necessary.

Bugs have turned up which didn't exist before like farming fibre for instance. Resources seem strangely spread out. Like in some temporate zones there are strawberry's EVERYWHERE but not much of anything else. 

Seems this game just took a really big step backwards. 

• Like 3

I was hoping for major continents in the four cardinal directions. *sigh* 

Guess I’ll just have to make this game myself when I get my studio going.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Ghost Pirate LeChuck said:

I just logged out and there were 80 online in 1 zone..

The atmosphere in there was a bit... questionable.. people being idiots for the sake of it, killing tames while others were taming them for lols and giving each other grief even for asking questions. Guessing the kids came out of hiding. But mixing 2 regions into a smaller map is going to have people living on top of each other. And that's going to put people's backs up over resources and space etc.

People were spamming foundations all over beach fronts which I get if you want to expand to that point and reserve your land until you build on it but sometimes spamming way beyond what you'd need and where it clearly isn't necessary.

Bugs have turned up which didn't exist before like farming fibre for instance. Resources seem strangely spread out. Like in some temporate zones there are strawberry's EVERYWHERE but not much of anything else. 

Seems this game just took a really big step backwards. 

That’s all there is left is grieving. And to be honest I don’t blame the players for grieving, I blame the devs. You literally wipe all progress made and then add a new map with no new actual content. Can you blame them for grieving?

they have nothing left since not only have they done everything in game(3 times for some) and now they are starting again with grieving being the only new and fun thing to do.

i actually applaud the grievers right now. Good job for you guys. At least you are still trying to have fun. If the others can’t handle it that is on them. Next time some yells at you for killing their in progress 30 perfect tame tell them “the devs told me to do it”. Let’s make that phrase a trademark here at atlas. 👍

6 hours ago, CyanicEmber said:

I was hoping for major continents in the four cardinal directions. *sigh* 

Guess I’ll just have to make this game myself when I get my studio going.

I'm all for it. When do you go Early Access? 🙂

On 7/4/2020 at 2:47 PM, gadefence said:

The only reason for the update was to make it look shiny and new for another steam sale.

• Thanks 1