ChristiD86

Fiber gone?

I can't find any fiber on any island I go to. I go to harvest what used to be fiber and I get fruit. Anyone else having this issue? 

Yes I found out there was no fiber also, asked in chat and they said it was a bug. I searched all over for it, could not see any. Probably be fixed in the next update, don't get your hopes up it will be soon though, it's anyones guess when they bring patch out.

Same issue here. I think I've been really unlucky with islands I've visited as most seem to have no fiber at this point. Mostly Eastern Temperate smaller islands. 

fiber is mostly characteristic of dry enviroments, not sure if we should assume each biome has now specific resources but today i was scouting some desert islands to find a place to settle and there was enough fiber there to stop a truck. on the other side one of those islands had literally 0 metal nodes wich was disappointing.

Might wanna pick a spot that straddles another biome...

Probably the method picked to encourage interaction..

Both biomes will be lacking a 3rd maybe?..

Sounds like it'll turn into a giant stalemate for part time players

Id be curious regarding follow up

I tried yesterday to see if the fiber was fixed, I could not see any regular fiber. Someone told me in the chat that the fiber is the little purple flowers on the island if you have them on your island. I've never seen purpler flowers as fiber before, not sure if this was a thing before the wipe.

People are also stocking up at freeport and bringing it back, surely not hard to fix bugs at least, come on. What have they been doing for months? Someone told me Atlas is just to cream money to put right back into Ark, I wouldn't be surprised at that.

35 minutes ago, DannyUK said:

I tried yesterday to see if the fiber was fixed, I could not see any regular fiber. Someone told me in the chat that the fiber is the little purple flowers on the island if you have them on your island. I've never seen purpler flowers as fiber before, not sure if this was a thing before the wipe.

People are also stocking up at freeport and bringing it back, surely not hard to fix bugs at least, come on. What have they been doing for months? Someone told me Atlas is just to cream money to put right back into Ark, I wouldn't be surprised at that.

the purple flowers is cotton, its usually mixed with the biome characteristic fiber wich is jute (in desert) not sure if you can find cotton on other biomes.

There is a bug with at the very least some of the food nodes.  At first I though it was the just the node model not really matching what you would expect the thing you're farming to look like.  For example farming cilantro from a big red flower back before the new patch.  It is not.  You can hold down H and it says "rice" but all you farm out of it is "chick peas" for example.  Maybe that also extends to fiber but its easy enough to check with the H key.

In addition to that on my island in E4 there seems to be no pure metal nodes, berries are super rare, and it hasn't rained (open barrels and no it didn't all just evaporate).  I never experienced this before the patch so not sure if its a bug, I picked an unlucky island, or if this is part of a change to get people moving around more.

2 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

the purple flowers is cotton, its usually mixed with the biome characteristic fiber wich is jute (in desert) not sure if you can find cotton on other biomes.

I've been getting hemp from the purple flowers for some reason, must have changed it or screwed it up. Not seen cotton yet I don't play long hours like I usually did, just a few here and there. Can't seem to get into it like I once did.

1 hour ago, DannyUK said:

I've been getting hemp from the purple flowers for some reason, must have changed it or screwed it up.

i see, so it must be the biome specific fiber that comes from those purple flowers.

1 hour ago, DannyUK said:

Can't seem to get into it like I once did.

same here, i tried to play yesterday i was lookig for a place to settle but i realised i cannot explore properly without a tame so i went tundra, cold killed me 4 times before i could even put down a campfire, tried tundra freeport, it was bearable got a ramshackle sailed to the island, got attacked by sotd, survived but lost my bed, i was still fleeing but close to shore, cold killed me again, no bed, back to square 1, closed the game and had fun playing league of legends instead xD

• Like 2

They screwed up a lot of resources. I was getting Tin from a Cobalt node and only flint from something else that said it had stone, flint, and metal. There are a lot of things that gave Fiber before but now give berries and still lots of mixups in the type of fruit or vegetable you get from things.  I was getting coconut from a cactus. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Sydhart said:

They screwed up a lot of resources. I was getting Tin from a Cobalt node and only flint from something else that said it had stone, flint, and metal. There are a lot of things that gave Fiber before but now give berries and still lots of mixups in the type of fruit or vegetable you get from things.  I was getting coconut from a cactus. lol

that explains why i was getting coppper form a tin node xD

• Haha 1

After the day 1 debacle it appears all of the resources are mixed up.  Those things producing ark fiber (useless) are now producing generic fiber.  This will make it difficult to craft better than common gear.

i just now played a little on tundra, holy fuck the fiber rly is a problem here, i am ok with trading and stuff but do we rly need to live short on such basic resources?

On 7/4/2020 at 11:20 AM, DannyUK said:

Yes I found out there was no fiber also, asked in chat and they said it was a bug. I searched all over for it, could not see any. Probably be fixed in the next update, don't get your hopes up it will be soon though, it's anyones guess when they bring patch out.

Lol it was like this over a year ago at launch... I bet dollars when they changed the maps, they built it on the oldest build they had. 

Literally the same exact problem with tundra lacking fiber, they later added small bushes that gave fiber.

Edited by Evir

1 hour ago, Evir said:

Lol it was like this over a year ago at launch... I bet dollars when they changed the maps, they built it on the oldest build they had. 

Literally the same exact problem with tundra lacking fiber, they later added small bushes that gave fiber.

Yeah I remember, you'd think once a bug is fixed it would not reappear but here we are. I have fiber now though, just pacing myself in the game otherwise I will just get bored and not play at all again like last time.

Lets see how long the novelty lasts this time around, probably not long.

Sorry dumb question but i refuse to even click the play button for fear of giving the game boosts in background algo metrics...

So its 2pvp servers (new map) and EU pve (old map?) and thats it, correct?

NA PVE still gone like a chair removed as i was seating myself, correct?..

Someone lemme know please, ty.

21 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

i just now played a little on tundra, holy fuck the fiber rly is a problem here, i am ok with trading and stuff but do we rly need to live short on such basic resources?

There never was fiber in the Arctic region (far north and far south of the old map) except for seaweed so not sure if Tundra is the same as Arctic. 

Edited by Sydhart

3 hours ago, Sydhart said:

There's never was fiber in the Artic region (far north and far south of the old map) except for seaweed so not sure if Tundra is the same as Artic. 

there is coton here but its like 1 of every 10 plants, had to spend like 20 min farming it to have just enouh to craft 1 pair of fur boots

• Sad 1