Sign in to follow this  
ATLAS

Patch v406.7 Season 4: The Maelstrom is here!

i cant believe you guys left in demolish building when island is owned cant even start base without getting auto broke into nice job on screwing over new players 

Speaking of setting up a foundation; what of the many, many bugs that have not been addressed since release? Has any progress been made on those?

9 hours ago, ZetaZhan said:

Ok i just played for 15 mins. Ark resources are in the game on lawless instead of ATLAS resources- we can't build anything.  RIP -- this is why you need to do public test realms devs. its like common thing to listen to your players and work with them on upgrades, not keep them in the dark and mess up a re-launch. 

8 hours ago, The injustice said:

thats normal mate, u never played atlas befor? if not u can't build on the starting island, u need to get a ship and sail to a island outside of that grid, there u will find different types of wood,stone and so on and u can build stuff

"Ark resources are in the game on lawless instead of ATLAS resources"

20200704094440_1.jpg

Edited by Nordist
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Everyone's just mad because now they have to fight to get somewhere since all company's  lost everything they had and all They're power in the wipe and now they have to fight to get it all back and fight They're way to the top again and they are lazy and dont want to do that so they are complaining about the update guess they never ben told cant stand the heat get out of the kitchen  dont worry dev's good job some people just have a case of big baby syndrome they were never kicked from the bottle

To all the complainers,
Has it been forgotten by many players that this game is still in Early Access?

EXPECT WIPES
EXPECT BUGS
EXPECT LOSING ALL YOUR PROGRESS
OR PLAY ANOTHER GAME

This is an Early Access game - NOT a finished product.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Removing the grind from discoveries is ok but removing most discoveries is just wrong. Some People liked it and the game lacks content anyway it should have stayed atleast optional to go and explore them and have something unique to come across from time to time.

Removing the old map completly for no apparent reason instead of leaving it as an optional map for private server/sessions is also just wrong again there are people that liked traveling and exploring on the old map or it setup with multiple hotspots that allowed a more cooperative playstyle.

There are no fixes for the issues of the game. Atlas lost a lot of players as in it current state it is not fit for high player density and the playerbase stabilizes only at a low number. A smaller map with only 4 freeports around 1 hotspot means in the long term the new map will hold a lot less players than the old map did. The official server will turn out more like an ark server with 2 or 3 rather small groups that actually own the server and not allow others on it.

I hope you got a good plan how to fix this, but i would suggest to not keep it secret and talk with the community. A lot of feedback can be gathered before putting all the work into it.

• Like 1

Just letting the Dev's know I'm having a lot of fun.  The first 24 ish hours have been insane. 😃

Wie kann es bitte sein, das innerhalb von wenigen Stunden bereits alle Inseln außerhalb der lawless Regionen claimed sind. Wo haben die alle die ganzen Münzen dafür her?  Und vor allem, warum sind die alle der Ansicht die kompletten Inseln gehören Ihnen und es dürfen sich keine Spieler ansiedeln, oder auch nur mal für eine kurze Zeit was hinbauen um solange man dort noch vor Anker liegt, ein paar Sachen für die weitere Reise zu fertigen. Meine Smithy würde einfach angerissen, in den 7 Stunden wo ich nicht online seien könnte, wollte gestern Spätabend noch etwas weiter mein Schiff aufrüsten und weg was sie, samt Material. Was soll sowas, besonders am ersten Tag des Spiels, wenn das jetzt so auf allen Insellen aussegalv der Lawless Regionen aussieht, ist mir der Spass an Atlas entgültig vergangen. Es kann doch nicht sein das eine Hand voll Spieler allen anderen den Spass am Spiel vermisst. Bitte fügt der Karte noch deutlich mehr Inseln hinzu. Und kommt mir bitte nicht mit pvp, darauf hab ich absolut keinen Bock, ich will Bauen, Zähmen, Farmen und nicht ständig um alles kämpfen müssen. Und den anderen aus unserer 4er Crew geht es genauso. 

Ich fand das Spiel bis vor dem whip super. Es gab immer irgendwo außerhalb der lawless Bereiche Inseln wo man sich gut niederlassen könnte, aber jetzt? 

• Like 2

On 7/4/2020 at 5:11 AM, Aellerian said:

All the snowflakes saying, "Is this it?" You all make my day 🙂. If you don't like it you can go play another game bb

do you even know what a snowflake is... omg......

btw where is the seahorse...

Edited by photek

Well I gave it a shot. I'm not a large company but was able to survive pretty well on the old map. Had plenty of sea and land battles. But this new map really allowed the previous megas to immediately swoop in and snatch up multiple islands. Very difficult to find a nook for me and my guys. Lawless is troll central. The layout just sucks honestly. I'm not really concerned about the bugs because the map is the worst of it. 

• Like 1

On 7/5/2020 at 10:14 AM, photek said:

btw where is the seahorse...

it drowned

Still can't shoot a snake because of broken hitbox mechanics! Takes 20 shots to the head to get 1 hit. 

Taming a giraffe or elephant in a trap or along bumpy terrain is still terrible because of the positioning and rendering. Just make it so we can stick food up their ass already instead of trying to crawl underneath their armpit. 

Still get dropped in the sea when I'm offline on a ship that crosses a border.

Do you all even care about fixing bugs or just trying to milk as much money using underhanded advertising tactics in conjunction with Steam sales?

• Haha 1

The island cost reduction made it possible for all the islands to get claimed on day one including many companies claiming whole grids based on their numbers.  There are no islands left for small/medium companies.  How was the smaller map size and nearly free upkeep going to help new players?  Every island that I've been to so far has the tax cranked up to 30% and every lawless base I tried in the first couple days was destroyed.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Pattus said:

The island cost reduction made it possible for all the islands to get claimed on day one including many companies claiming whole grids based on their numbers.  There are no islands left for small/medium companies.  How was the smaller map size and nearly free upkeep going to help new players?  Every island that I've been to so far has the tax cranked up to 30% and every lawless base I tried in the first couple days was destroyed.

The tax doesn't affect you at all just FYI. It's not a reduction of the resources you take but an addition to the owner of 30% of what you harvest. You still get the same amount of resources. Just wanted to clear that up. It's one of the few things they did right.

• Like 2

So, why is it that solo players get screwed? Because you can’t play pvp without some douche killing you. What fun is that? It just me and my homie and we can’t catch a break. All the claimable islands are taken, and clearly lawless island are a non starters. So does that mean I have to go to Blackwood to have fun?

• Like 1

On 7/6/2020 at 10:00 AM, Sydhart said:

The tax doesn't affect you at all just FYI. It's not a reduction of the resources you take but an addition to the owner of 30% of what you harvest. You still get the same amount of resources. Just wanted to clear that up. It's one of the few things they did right.

In PVE that is true, not PVP. 

On 7/10/2020 at 10:43 AM, Pattus said:

In PVE that is true, not PVP. 

It's different on PvP?