Sign in to follow this  
ATLAS

Patch v406.7 Season 4: The Maelstrom is here!

Hello Pathfinders! 

Welcome to Season 4: The Maelstrom! We’re excited to launch The Maelstrom, which was designed to intensify the pirating and seafaring experience! We looked at player habits and reshuffled islands and resources to align the map to encourage more interaction though both conflict and cooperative gameplay. We’ve also made a number of balancing changes to improve the initial gameplay experience and make other strategies for gold more viable.

This is just the first step in the grander scheme of new changes coming to Atlas. There are many under-the-hood (or should we say, under-the-deck) improvements and new features coming down the pipeline. This new patch is just setting up the foundation for it! You can’t build a ship without a proper frame in place after all.

We’d also like to thank the community for all of your support and patience! We are excited to continue on the renewed Atlas journey with all of you!

Below you’ll find detailed Patch Notes for our latest update, v406.7.

:anchor: Released Patch Notes :anchor:

New Map created

• Centralized Golden Age islands for a clearer path to completing the compass.
  • Centralized high-density servers to reduce the distance/sail time between conflict areas.
  • Updated mineral foliage on islands so its no longer tied to plant biomes.
  • Removed most unique discoveries to reduce the grind of getting to the max level cap.

Economy Balance Updates

• Army of Dead on Golden Age Islands gold drops reduced by 62%
  • Island Claim upkeep costs reduced by about 75%
  • NPC Crew upkeep costs reduced by 84% on land
  • NPC Crew upkeep on sea reduced by about half.

Other changes

• Army of Dead Treasure Guards has been made significantly easier for low-quality treasure maps.
  • Updated early game XP curve so you don't immediately level.
  • Moved skill point gains to be more generous in lower levels and level off in later levels.
  • Army of Dead on Golden Age Islands XP rewards reduced by 60%

:anchor: Custom Servers :anchor:

Season 4: The Maelstrom introduces a new map update in which islands have been reshuffled, added, or removed. Server owners, please see the lists below for more details. Custom Servers using any islands that are no longer in the build may see errors and it is recommended that server owners perform a wipe and swap out these islands in the ServerGridEditor.

An updated JSON file for the islands is also available here [http://cdn.atlasdedicated.com/islands.json] for server owners to drop into the ServerGridEditor\Data folder as shown:

image (1).png

Islands no longer in the build:

Cay_C_EE_B
Cay_G_CL_C
Cay_H_WR_E
Cay_I_CL_C
Islet_A_WT
Islet_A_WT_B
Mnt_A_CH
Mnt_A_WU
Mnt_A_WU_B
Mnt_A_WU_C
Mnt_A_WU_D
Mnt_AA_CU
Mnt_AA_EU_B
Mnt_AB_CP
Mnt_AB_EU
Mnt_AC_EU
Mnt_AD_CP
Mnt_AD_EU
Mnt_AE_EU
Mnt_AG_EE
Mnt_AL_CU
Mnt_AM_CU
Mnt_AQ_CU
Mnt_C_CH_B
Mnt_C_CL_B
Mnt_C_EE
Mnt_C_WU
Mnt_D_CL
Mnt_D_CP
Mnt_D_WU
Mnt_E_CH
Mnt_E_CL
Mnt_E_CP_D
Mnt_E_WU
Mnt_F_CL
Mnt_F_EU_E
Mnt_H_CP
Mnt_H_CP_B
Mnt_H_CP_C
Mnt_H_CP_D
Mnt_J_CP_C
Mnt_J_CP_D
Mnt_J_WT_E
Mnt_L_CH_E
Mnt_L_CL
Mnt_O_CH
Mnt_R_WU_B
Mnt_R_WU_C
Mnt_T_CP_B
Mnt_T_CP_D
Mnt_Y_CP
Mnt_Y_CP_B
Mnt_Y_CP_C
Mnt_Y_CP_D
Mnt_Y_EU
Mnt_Y_EU_C

Islands added to the build:

Cay_E_ET
Cay_N_ER
Cay_O_ER
Mnt_AC_EE_B
Mnt_AF_EE_B
Mnt_AF_EU
Mnt_AM_EU
Mnt_AN_EE
Mnt_AN_EU
Mnt_AO_EU
Mnt_AP_EE
Mnt_AP_EU
Mnt_AR_EU
Mnt_AR_EU_B
Mnt_AV_EU_B
Mnt_C_ET_C
Mnt_C_ET_D
Mnt_D_ER
Mnt_F_CP
Mnt_F_ER
Mnt_G_EU
Mnt_K_CP
Mnt_L_CP
Mnt_U_ER_PVE
Mnt_Y_WU_PVE

:wheel:

Happy Sailing,

- ATLAS Crew

:skull: For the latest dispatch on #playATLAS keep yer one good eye trained on this here information :skull:

Natter n' chatter on Discord: https://discord.gg/playatlas
Hear ye, hear ye on Twitterhttps://twitter.com/sailtheatlas
Watch us scallywags on Twitch: http://twitch.tv/sailtheatlas
Plus ye can band with us Pirates on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/playatlasgame

View full article

• Haha 1

Is that it? 
All this hype for 12 lines of changes?
Trailer video that was used at the launch of the game with literally 2 new scenes saying NEW MAP and SEASON 4?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Bummer on ditching discoveries, thought that was a nice touch, but cheers on the rest. 

All the snowflakes saying, "Is this it?" You all make my day 🙂. If you don't like it you can go play another game bb

Edited by Aellerian
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Good job ! I'm giving you guys benefit of the doubt. Let the haters hate!   Thanks for doing a good job. 

• Thanks 1

biggest change is still the whole map and where the ressource are and so on and i think more islands than befor and stuff like that, like they said they need a good frame 🙂

1 minute ago, Aellerian said:

All the snowflakes saying, "Is this it?" You all make my day 🙂. If you don't like it you can go play another game bb

That's the thing, we all are, thats why Atlas population took a nose dive and why you are even getting an update.

• Like 1

This is a MASSIVE  change. I have a little experience with programming and am good friends with people that work for codemasters so know a little more than most. Stop your bitching. I for one am looking forward to playing this once my console has downloaded the update and I have got some more sleep seeing as I'm in the UK and have had to get up at 4am to install!

• Haha 1

this is a joke not only do you not manage to improve the gameplay but you also make the npc cheaper for spamw more in the island than bigger disappointment and I am not the only crazy person who thinks that it is not enough

Edited by asturiespain
  • Like 4

"Custom Servers using any islands that are no longer in the build may see errors and it is recommended that server owners perform a wipe and swap out these islands in the ServerGridEditor", i think the work grapeshot is looking for is 'required', not 'recommended'.... 😕

25 minutes ago, MunchATG said:

This is a MASSIVE  change. I have a little experience with programming and am good friends with people that work for codemasters so know a little more than most. Stop your bitching. I for one am looking forward to playing this once my console has downloaded the update and I have got some more sleep seeing as I'm in the UK and have had to get up at 4am to install!

It really isn't a massive change at all. Brought in old assets, got rid of current ones, set the layout, auto render the ocean. After that tweak some numbers and boom. Update done, honestly a single person could have done this patch in a couple days. This is just like the last 3 patches they've done in the past 6 months.

This is a joke and an insult to anyone with active brain cells. I give the game 2 weeks, 4 at a push.

Ok i just played for 15 mins. Ark resources are in the game on lawless instead of ATLAS resources- we can't build anything.  RIP -- this is why you need to do public test realms devs. its like common thing to listen to your players and work with them on upgrades, not keep them in the dark and mess up a re-launch. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

thats normal mate, u never played atlas befor? if not u can't build on the starting island, u need to get a ship and sail to a island outside of that grid, there u will find different types of wood,stone and so on and u can build stuff

So I'm just going to assume that a new map also means for the second time in...what....a month (?) there will be players who've lost everything and will be starting fresh once again...but this time we all have to start fresh.

Edited by UnderTaker905

People acting surprised knowing that wildcard is a walking, talking April Fools joke. Admittedly their first few months it was a great company then they release their first paid DLC while still in preview got greedy and went down the dumps and have been on a free fall ever since. There’s a reason for a very popular term in the gaming world, heard of Getting Arked? 

Is normal that my character was wiped out? I was sailing when the patch went up 😕 :/, please help here captains

1 hour ago, ErikaO said:

Is normal that my character was wiped out? I was sailing when the patch went up 😕 :/, please help here captains

Have you Read the Text in First Post?????