ATLAS

ATTN: Custom Servers - Changes to the map in The Maelstrom

07/03/2020
Season 4: The Maelstrom introduces a new map update in which islands have been reshuffled, added, or removed. Server owners, please see the lists below for more details. Custom Servers using any islands that are no longer in the build may see errors and it is recommended that server owners perform a wipe and swap out these islands in the ServerGridEditor.

EDIT: An updated JSON file for the islands is available here [http://cdn.atlasdedicated.com/islands.json] for server owners to drop into the ServerGridEditor\Data folder as shown:

image (1).png

:anchor: Islands no longer in the build :anchor:

Cay_C_EE_B
Cay_G_CL_C
Cay_H_WR_E
Cay_I_CL_C
Islet_A_WT
Islet_A_WT_B
Mnt_A_CH
Mnt_A_WU
Mnt_A_WU_B
Mnt_A_WU_C
Mnt_A_WU_D
Mnt_AA_CU
Mnt_AA_EU_B
Mnt_AB_CP
Mnt_AB_EU
Mnt_AC_EU
Mnt_AD_CP
Mnt_AD_EU
Mnt_AE_EU
Mnt_AG_EE
Mnt_AL_CU
Mnt_AM_CU
Mnt_AQ_CU
Mnt_C_CH_B
Mnt_C_CL_B
Mnt_C_EE
Mnt_C_WU
Mnt_D_CL
Mnt_D_CP
Mnt_D_WU
Mnt_E_CH
Mnt_E_CL
Mnt_E_CP_D
Mnt_E_WU
Mnt_F_CL
Mnt_F_EU_E
Mnt_H_CP
Mnt_H_CP_B
Mnt_H_CP_C
Mnt_H_CP_D
Mnt_J_CP_C
Mnt_J_CP_D
Mnt_J_WT_E
Mnt_L_CH_E
Mnt_L_CL
Mnt_O_CH
Mnt_R_WU_B
Mnt_R_WU_C
Mnt_T_CP_B
Mnt_T_CP_D
Mnt_Y_CP
Mnt_Y_CP_B
Mnt_Y_CP_C
Mnt_Y_CP_D
Mnt_Y_EU
Mnt_Y_EU_C

:anchor: Islands added to the build :anchor:

Cay_E_ET
Cay_N_ER
Cay_O_ER
Mnt_AC_EE_B
Mnt_AF_EE_B
Mnt_AF_EU
Mnt_AM_EU
Mnt_AN_EE
Mnt_AN_EU
Mnt_AO_EU
Mnt_AP_EE
Mnt_AP_EU
Mnt_AR_EU
Mnt_AR_EU_B
Mnt_AV_EU_B
Mnt_C_ET_C
Mnt_C_ET_D
Mnt_D_ER
Mnt_F_CP
Mnt_F_ER
Mnt_G_EU
Mnt_K_CP
Mnt_L_CP
Mnt_U_ER_PVE
Mnt_Y_WU_PVE

• Like 1

Will the new map as json also be available on the github for unofficial servers?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dtmaster said:

Will the new map as json also be available on the github for unofficial servers?

Also will need the new island images uploaded on github for custom maps to be properly generated.

4 minutes ago, antihax said:

Also will need the new island images uploaded on github for custom maps to be properly generated.

If everything goes as always then yes .. But only in 2 years.

Edited by dtmaster

Also will the global coordinates change in such a way that performing the calculations for powerstone quests will be different or is this still based off of the original 15x15 setup?

Why would you remove islands from the build when you clearly know it will force unofficial servers to wipe, what is there to be gained by removing them?

Honestly this just seems like an attempt to force existing unofficial servers to wipe, and force the players (that have been responsible for a good number of the sales the game has generated) back to official maps because they'll have no choice while the unofficial admins rush to fix issues caused by this. An obvious insult to the unofficial community, and I suspect just so Grapeshot can shout about how awesome numbers were on the launch of the new map.

I imagine alongside this we'll see a delay to the servergrid editor being updated so that unofficials have no choice but to wait, or produce custom mods using the old build to add islands back in. That'd be the icing on the cake.

Edited by w4stedspace
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

@w4stedspace I'm afraid so too. We unofficial will have to wait again. Wildcard has not learned to communicate properly with Ark so far and Grapeshot makes exactly the same mistakes.

• Like 3

JSON file now available (topic post has been edited with link to file) and server owners should be able to make edits.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ATLAS said:

JSON file now available (topic post has been edited with link to file) and server owners should be able to make edits.

But where is the ServerGrid.json file? Because without it, I cannot host the map on my server.

Nice that that has been made available for those happy to wipe and re-launch. Although would those willing to wipe not also need the associated Island images? Don't we need those also to make the GridEditor actually usable?

Also is there any explanation for why the islands needed to be removed knowing this would force a server wipe for unofficials?

Edited by w4stedspace

Servergrid.json is not provided. At least not at the moment. So wait forever because it will be forgotten, etc. We know the game.

Is that definitely the correct islands.json? When using Compare in np++ I don't see any additional islands, just the addition of a 'maxIslandClaimFlagZ' for each island and a bunch that have been removed.

Mnt_Y_WU_PVE for example - You say it's been added, but I was using that exact island in a previous season of our server, a year ago. The images and so on for it are also present in the GitHub version that hasn't been updated in 9 months.

image.thumb.png.faab2330dccf9b21d2f2096f2e6379d5.png

I'm confused...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, w4stedspace said:

Is that definitely the correct islands.json? When using Compare in np++ I don't see any additional islands, just the addition of a 'maxIslandClaimFlagZ' for each island and a bunch that have been removed.

Mnt_Y_WU_PVE for example - You say it's been added, but I was using that exact island in a previous season of our server, a year ago. The images and so on for it are also present in the GitHub version that hasn't been updated in 9 months.

image.thumb.png.faab2330dccf9b21d2f2096f2e6379d5.png

I'm confused...

they may have just removed islands from grids that had more then 3-4 and moved them to grids that only had 2-3, just a thought which would make sense of the "reshuffle" part of the post

Edited by RogueSnowMan
  • Like 1

Hard to tell without an updated ServerGrid.json - they could certainly have worded things better if that's the case.

The islands listed as removed are no longer in the Islands.json Data, so the Server Grid Editor won't list them as available.

1 minute ago, w4stedspace said:

Hard to tell without an updated ServerGrid.json - they could certainly have worded things better if that's the case.

Come on bro you serious think they spoil their own release. Tell me only one reason why you should get the whole new content map before the official servers...common sense bro

you mean communicate better with us, the player base 🤣

I don't want their new map - I wanted to continue running the server I have and am struggling to understand why us unofficial server owners would care what islands have been 'added to the build' if 'the build' isn't available anyway, and these islands have been available to us all along.

I also don't understand why they needed to be removed in the first place, outside of a strange wish to break unofficial servers with this update.

Edited by w4stedspace
  • Like 1

I don't want their new map - I wanted to continue running the server I have and am struggling to understand why us unofficial server owners would care what islands have been 'added to the build' if 'the build' isn't available anyway.

I also don't understand why they needed to be removed in the first place, outside of a strange wish to break unofficial servers with this update.

They just gave you the build. You can put that Islands.json in your Server Grid Editor Folder and create a map right now, or you can wait until the release the official json with everything they include for official gameplay, but they aren't going to give that out for people to start hosting before they launch it.

3 minutes ago, w4stedspace said:

I don't want their new map - I wanted to continue running the server I have and am struggling to understand why us unofficial server owners would care what islands have been 'added to the build' if 'the build' isn't available anyway, and these islands have been available to us all along.

The    "ServerGrid.json" is the new map bro...you would see everything...grids...lawless... everything

4 minutes ago, w4stedspace said:

If you had done what is in the first post a few days earlier. It would have been better to prepare yourself, etc. But as always. 5 minutes before.

No, for islands to have been 'added to the build' then 'the build' must refer to the updated ServerGrid.json file (aka, the map file) because the islands they list have been available for unofficial servers all along.

The only way they can have been 'added' to anything is if the build they refer to is the map. They didn't add anything to the Islands.json, only removed things.

Thus the initial post is missleading. Nothing was 'added' for unofficial server owners - only taken away.

Edited by w4stedspace

3 minutes ago, w4stedspace said:

No, for islands to have been 'added to the build' then 'the build' must refer to the updated ServerGrid.json file (aka, the map file) because the islands they list have been available for unofficial servers all along.

The only way they can have been 'added' to anything is if the build they refer to is the map. They didn't add anything to the Islands.json, only removed things.

Thus the initial post is missleading. Nothing was 'added' for unofficial server owners - only taken away.

You really don#t get it do you? ...giving you the map file before the official server release would be giving you Cyberpunk 2077 before official retail release...do you get it now??

2 minutes ago, [RG]Colt said:

You really don#t get it do you? ...giving you the map file before the official server release would be giving you Cyberpunk 2077 before official retail release...do you get it now??

The problem is that they won't give it to us afterwards. Until it was released, some of them had shut down their servers because they were not running. Do you really believe that the servers go on and already give them out? And the argument that you can see all the islands etc. and know where something is .. The official map up to now is in the grid editor.