I played this game for a smallish amount of time and waiting for the rework before playing again. But from what I've seen with the galleon, there was a few blaring problems. The first is a lack of stern chase gun ports, but that's for a different day. The biggest problem I see is the sails. 

The sails have a combination of two things that dont make the galleon pretty to look at. The height of the sails, and how many there are. 6 large sails on a ship like this, that dont have certain proportions in mast height vs hull height, it simply makes the galleon ugly. 

But what would change that? Even if the max limit was changed to be 3 or 4 sails, the proportion of ththe mast vs hull still makes it ugly... That is why I'm thinking there should be a new tier of sails. 

With the ships in the game, I've noticed that small sails are for sloops, medium sails for schooners, and large sails for brigantines. But large sails are also meant to be on galleons too, despite not looking like they're the right size. So, why not add a new tier of sails that corrects this issue?

https://imgur.com/imCg9Ny

https://imgur.com/5sv23wp

These larger sails look much prettier than 6 smaller sails, right? If you look at these, our current large sail is the height of the rear most mast, whole the others are much higher and wider visibly. 

So this is what I'm proposing. With colossal sails, make them have x2.5 higher functionality (speed, handling, weight, ext) than large sails. That would negate the 6 large sail on galleon problem, to where you would want 2 colossal sails on a galleon and one large sail, but no functional difference between 2 colossal + 1 large sails and 6 large sails. Might even be better since these sails would be cheaper to make, and significantly less weight on the ship. Not to mention, look a lot better.

What do you guys think of this proposal?

(Edit: it wont let me post the image url, and imgur links dont work. How do I upload images properly?)

Edited by ChristNerd