Sign in to follow this  
Evir

Did they address blueprints?

With the new Map update, did they nerf Blueprints?

I heard they did minor tweaks to Int stacking and blueprints, but here is the issue with blueprints, Mega groups will have absurd ships and will be able to stomp any smaller group into the ground. Having 50%+ damage and health, and massive speed boosts on top of that, just makes their ships so much better that they can just delete basic ships, not take any significant damage, then outrun anyone that tries to out play them. 

I get it, some people want their amazingly OPed ships and they think it is a good reward for the hard work and effort they put in to get all the materials, but a small group of 10 or even 20 (let alone a group of 5) has no hope or prayer of getting any significant amounts of materials to get good ships and even if they do, they will have 1, maybe 2 of those ships, then get clowned by a mega that has a full fleet of them.

If blueprints are left in, they should be capped at 10% more, maximum. That way they have an advantage, but not a massive, absurd advantage. 

1 hour ago, Evir said:

I heard they did minor tweaks to Int stacking and blueprints, but here is the issue with blueprints, Mega groups will have absurd ships and will be able to stomp any smaller group into the ground. Having 50%+ damage and health, and massive speed boosts on top of that, just makes their ships so much better that they can just delete basic ships, not take any significant damage, then outrun anyone that tries to out play them. 

I get it, some people want their amazingly OPed ships and they think it is a good reward for the hard work and effort they put in to get all the materials, but a small group of 10 or even 20 (let alone a group of 5) has no hope or prayer of getting any significant amounts of materials to get good ships and even if they do, they will have 1, maybe 2 of those ships, then get clowned by a mega that has a full fleet of them.

If blueprints are left in, they should be capped at 10% more, maximum. That way they have an advantage, but not a massive, absurd advantage. 

That won’t happen.

27 minutes ago, Pooter said:

That won’t happen.

The power difference will just do what it did before, just have mega groups crush everyone under heel. Ruining the game experience, they already have the massive numbers advantage, when they have absurd ships, and personal equipment on top, it basically makes them invincible. 

Outplaying is an option, but when the megas have the deck stacked so high, anyone that has less than 50 basically stand no chance. When you have a 250+ group baring down on you with their allies, you just get deleted.

I remember fighting against megas several times, even sinking a few of their high blueprint ships baiting them into mortars and stuff, but they just come back later with more powerful ships and larger numbers.

Edited by Evir

4 hours ago, Evir said:

they havent done anything yet, no patch notes until friday after the patch.

yet where is the fun in a game where eveyone is average??? you want to have the same things while slacking than other person playing the game a lot??? nonsense

Edited by The D Legacy

2 hours ago, Evir said:

The power difference will just do what it did before, just have mega groups crush everyone under heel. Ruining the game experience, they already have the massive numbers advantage, when they have absurd ships, and personal equipment on top, it basically makes them invincible. 

Outplaying is an option, but when the megas have the deck stacked so high, anyone that has less than 50 basically stand no chance. When you have a 250+ group baring down on you with their allies, you just get deleted.

I remember fighting against megas several times, even sinking a few of their high blueprint ships baiting them into mortars and stuff, but they just come back later with more powerful ships and larger numbers.

I am not saying I disagree with you man, I am just saying they won’t do that. They cater to Megas and that will never change. It is unfortunate and I am on your same page but at the same time I know it will never happen. 

21 hours ago, Evir said:

I think you've been misinformed. The Blueprints in Atlas have never been that great. In ARK if you stacked Crafting Skill you could get insane bonuses, but in Atlas its not that great. Maybe at most you might get lucky with a 10% bonus with max int. But its Random. 

1 hour ago, ZetaZhan said:

I think you've been misinformed. The Blueprints in Atlas have never been that great. In ARK if you stacked Crafting Skill you could get insane bonuses, but in Atlas its not that great. Maybe at most you might get lucky with a 10% bonus with max int. But its Random. 

Urgh, I dunno who the crafter in your company is but i'd suggest you get a new one.......

I absolutely agree, the BP's create a WIDE disparity between those that have the resources to use them and those that do not.  It was pointless to sail around in common ships as any better ship was guaranteed to take them out.  I think they should nerf EITHER all offensive or all defensive BP's.

(yah yah, I know if you have enough luck, circumstances, numbers, conditions, game glitches a common sloop with a single canon can take out a mythic Galleon, so don't bother arguing that).

15 hours ago, Pant said:

Urgh, I dunno who the crafter in your company is but i'd suggest you get a new one.......

Max. Crafting Bonus for Atlas Season 3 is 17,4 % and yes, it is RNG.

You can get Dolphinbuff + Crow + 119 Lvls in Int and still craft with 0,0 %.

12 hours ago, Pattus said:

I absolutely agree, the BP's create a WIDE disparity between those that have the resources to use them and those that do not.  It was pointless to sail around in common ships as any better ship was guaranteed to take them out.  I think they should nerf EITHER all offensive or all defensive BP's.

(yah yah, I know if you have enough luck, circumstances, numbers, conditions, game glitches a common sloop with a single canon can take out a mythic Galleon, so don't bother arguing that).

why would people want to invest time in a game in wich they gain no advantage for time investment? there is already lots of pvp equalized games out there

2 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

why would people want to invest time in a game in wich they gain no advantage for time investment? there is already lots of pvp equalized games out there

yet where is the fun in a game where eveyone is average??? you want to have the same things while slacking than other person playing the game a lot??? nonsense

Because the advantage is so great, that it is akin to having cheat codes on, I remember when I played last seeing 5 ingredient galleons being able to sail so much faster, have guns that had such high alpha damage and had so much health that you had almost no chance of fighting back. even with armored brigs they would rip through your armor then rip through your ship in seconds. Galleons were even worse since they could not get decent armor and were bigger targets, they just got instantly holed, if you landed a full broad side you did barely anything to them and had to land multiple to even break a single plank. 
Then  they had guns and armor that made them able to one shot anyone even if they had armor but took 1 damage in return. Literally 1 damage... with hundreds of health.

I just asked if they would or had been toned down to the point where they gave an advantage, but not one so massive that it was basically impossible to fight back against.

1 hour ago, Evir said:

Because the advantage is so great, that it is akin to having cheat codes on, I remember when I played last seeing 5 ingredient galleons being able to sail so much faster, have guns that had such high alpha damage and had so much health that you had almost no chance of fighting back. even with armored brigs they would rip through your armor then rip through your ship in seconds. Galleons were even worse since they could not get decent armor and were bigger targets, they just got instantly holed, if you landed a full broad side you did barely anything to them and had to land multiple to even break a single plank. 
Then  they had guns and armor that made them able to one shot anyone even if they had armor but took 1 damage in return. Literally 1 damage... with hundreds of health.

I just asked if they would or had been toned down to the point where they gave an advantage, but not one so massive that it was basically impossible to fight back against.

the problem is that this game is poorly designed so you have ships that take like 2 whole weeks to build (mythics/legendaries) because you need every single variant of every material type to build them so it would be a problem if people with regular ships could sink them easily, but yeah i get your point.

19 minutes ago, The D Legacy said:

the problem is that this game is poorly designed so you have ships that take like 2 whole weeks to build (mythics/legendaries) because you need every single variant of every material type to build them so it would be a problem if people with regular ships could sink them easily, but yeah i get your point.

Yes, and they should address the poor design problem of blueprints to make them less of a "god mode" and more like, hey nice job getting all that stuff here's a bit of advantage.

Megas have absolutely zero issues getting all the materials they need, it does not take 2 weeks once they have a blueprint to churn out those ships, they literally have hundereds of people farming blueprints, they take dozens of ships around collecting full cargo loads of each material and in a very short amount of time they can make a few powerful ships and outfit a few people with the best equipment, use those ships to secure their territory, then not lose those ships and equipment because of the massive advantage they have, then make more of them to outfit more people and it snow balls.

Where as a lower end group say 10-20 people, they can spend weeks getting all the stuff they need to get 1 ship, have it swarmed, lose it, then are back at square one, it takes a significant amount of time just to make a basic ship for small groups, a brig can take a day or more of hand harvesting, because lets face it, you probably cant get access to the animals because those are locked down or if you get large enough to make the areas to secure the animals, you get attacked.  It is a Sisyphus problem, you constantly try to make progress, just to be "stone aged" any time you do.

On top of all that, everyone is mad because they spent all that time and effort to get a good ship, just to have it sunk in short order because of the absurd numbers game, causing tons of drama, because to compete you have to make such a massive investment, and unless you do not, you will never get anywhere, so your options are stay small and get no where, or try and build and get wrecked.

Edited by Evir

2 hours ago, Evir said:

Yes, and they should address the poor design problem of blueprints to make them less of a "god mode" and more like, hey nice job getting all that stuff here's a bit of advantage.

Megas have absolutely zero issues getting all the materials they need, it does not take 2 weeks once they have a blueprint to churn out those ships, they literally have hundereds of people farming blueprints, they take dozens of ships around collecting full cargo loads of each material and in a very short amount of time they can make a few powerful ships and outfit a few people with the best equipment, use those ships to secure their territory, then not lose those ships and equipment because of the massive advantage they have, then make more of them to outfit more people and it snow balls.

Where as a lower end group say 10-20 people, they can spend weeks getting all the stuff they need to get 1 ship, have it swarmed, lose it, then are back at square one, it takes a significant amount of time just to make a basic ship for small groups, a brig can take a day or more of hand harvesting, because lets face it, you probably cant get access to the animals because those are locked down or if you get large enough to make the areas to secure the animals, you get attacked.  It is a Sisyphus problem, you constantly try to make progress, just to be "stone aged" any time you do.

On top of all that, everyone is mad because they spent all that time and effort to get a good ship, just to have it sunk in short order because of the absurd numbers game, causing tons of drama, because to compete you have to make such a massive investment, and unless you do not, you will never get anywhere, so your options are stay small and get no where, or try and build and get wrecked.

but once again, you cannot give just a bit of advantage without highly reducing the hassle to get all those materials, i mean, i dont rly care if they reduce the stats as you request as long as they also reduce the hassle to build better ships, there must be a proper time investment vs reward balance.

Yes, you are correct, wich is why i never like the idea of megas, they literally just break the game balance, its like placing 50 wolfs and 6 deers in an island, deers wont be able to reproduce fast enough to survive and the wolfs will eventually die of hunger. And you dont even get to enjoy the game since you become the private bitch of whoever is in charge of the mega and to top it off they keep all of your buildings the moment they decide to kick you, this game design is by far the worst i have seen in my 20 years of gaming, so i rly hope this team decides to rebuild the game from 0 because if they dont this will be a fuck fest all over again.

19 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

but once again, you cannot give just a bit of advantage without highly reducing the hassle to get all those materials, i mean, i dont rly care if they reduce the stats as you request as long as they also reduce the hassle to build better ships, there must be a proper time investment vs reward balance.

Yes, you are correct, wich is why i never like the idea of megas, they literally just break the game balance, its like placing 50 wolfs and 6 deers in an island, deers wont be able to reproduce fast enough to survive and the wolfs will eventually die of hunger. And you dont even get to enjoy the game since you become the private bitch of whoever is in charge of the mega and to top it off they keep all of your buildings the moment they decide to kick you, this game design is by far the worst i have seen in my 20 years of gaming, so i rly hope this team decides to rebuild the game from 0 because if they dont this will be a fuck fest all over again.

I do not think they even need to reduce the material costs, it should be 1-2% per material you add to the mix IMO. 

I have gone over why it is a problem, it doesn't slow mega groups down, they have multiple islands on lockdown and have basically safe passage between those islands and are able to get all the materials they need. Small groups do not, they have to go to lawless or sneak onto islands controlled by others, there is effectively no real trading that goes on in the game, because why give materials to someone that is a potential enemy.