ATLAS

Get Ready to Set Sail on The Maelstrom!

BTW, as Tundra citizen, just wonder - will there be renewed eastern Tundra (where silver nodes and it's hard to produce alloys) and good old western one (where are iron nodes)?

I'm confused why everyone is interpreting one PvE server "for the time being" as, one PvE server which will eventually go away and not, one PvE server which will eventually be joined by more PvE servers...?

• Like 2

If people can troll they will troll. If they can grieve they will grieve. I am excited to see if it helps with some of the toxicity of the offline raids and freeport squating as a defense for animals and ships. As a full time dad I don't get a lot of time to play but would love to be able to do some form of PVP. Also please get rid of all the auto aim hacks...having that happen to you regularly where they shoot you from long distances is getting old...If half of the map was PVE and the other PVP and it took long times to travel between each it could set up a dynamic of build up so you can go control and battle without feeling like you completely devastated would be awesome and would put a large emphasis on trading with pve based players to be successful in pvp. Otherwise people will just freeport squat and continue to play like this anyway but be right next to everyone...offline raiding night in and night out...breeding bears and staying in the freeport at night when they sign off not risking anything they steal or have grinded for the day is unfair to everyone else. The reason they do it is to protect their investment of time into the game so they can ultimately keep playing...but they are abusing it and causing other players to quit prematurely forever...

Edited by Captain OldTool
  • Like 1

Will it be neccessary to (re)download the entire game when the update will be here or just some giga ? ( because i have a very bad connection ) 

image.png

16 hours ago, Louiziana said:

That’s all good and fine but this information does not help the PVE players at all! We need to know your plans for PVE and PVP so we can know how to plan accordingly with the new update. 

At this moment we have no idea if you plan to incorporate a PVPVE, which would benefit us to start fresh on the PVP Server. 

Or do you plan to leave them separate which would benefit us to start fresh on the PVE server.

Do you plan to ever have NA PVE back up and running? 

Does “focusing on pvp” mean that PVE will effectively be unsupported or improved at the same level as pvp? Cause then some Pve people may choose to try out PVP since we are being forced out of the office like Creed Bratton.

Jesus Christ the first few months of a wipe are pivotal to get the best possible area and start our lines of breeds mutations/supply/etc...

It’s not as simple as join and play any time. Especially on PVP with the countless griefers.

I don't think your reading their posts. Because it clearly says they are putting 1 global PVE server out.   Both the EU and NA PVE servers were dying off in population.  PVP servers had way more population then PVE servers.  It makes sense this is a Pirate game and people wanna fight others in ship battles which you can't do on a PVE server. 

9 hours ago, ZetaZhan said:

I don't think your reading their posts. Because it clearly says they are putting 1 global PVE server out.   Both the EU and NA PVE servers were dying off in population.  PVP servers had way more population then PVE servers.  It makes sense this is a Pirate game and people wanna fight others in ship battles which you can't do on a PVE server. 

From what I understand, all the official servers, NA and EU, are based in Germany. The split/distinction between the NA and EU ones was made simply in anticipation of demand which never materialized.

Edit: Nevermind, I did a bit more reading and the physical servers are indeed split between USA and Germany.

Edited by TargetOne

Hi all

Sorry.... Tricky to find a straight answer.... Is EU PVE getting wiped or not tomorrow... Yes or No ???

If Yes what does that mean... A total  lose of every thing & new Restart... ??? completely ?

What is season 4 ??? and why no mention of a "seasons" length, start & finishing time... ???

Sorry my minding readings skill are not good at best... thanks

Oh yes

You know it makes perfect sense to combine PVP & PVE as a single game on the world map...

Simply by giving all Island a PVE exclusion zone... All open water PVP hunting grounds.... All island owned have the option for PVP by the owner.... To avoid being exploited can only be changed every 10 days or month maybe...

This would mean within the game a larger player group, I will let your imagination do the rest given all the options of PVP & PVE what would happen

As an Xbox player.... PC players... a few, feel the need to cheat.... No such thing as a fair fight... Only in the above scenario could i survive... PC players can't be trusted to play by the rules... that how life is...

cheers

2 hours ago, mishkazz said:

Hi all

Sorry.... Tricky to find a straight answer.... Is EU PVE getting wiped or not tomorrow... Yes or No ???

If Yes what does that mean... A total  lose of every thing & new Restart... ??? completely ?

What is season 4 ??? and why no mention of a "seasons" length, start & finishing time... ???

Sorry my minding readings skill are not good at best... thanks

EU PvE and the other 2 official servers will all wipe on Friday, July 3rd, at 8 pm PDT.
Yes a wipe means a complete restart of everything for everyone.

Seasons are never usually used in official announcements because it makes people think they will be regular, but there will not be regular wipes.
The new CM team just chose to use the term seasons because the community use the word.

You can always look to the official news posts to get accurate information.

• Like 1

On 6/30/2020 at 1:15 PM, Killer Keen said:

I take it to mean there will only be one PVE server for the time being whilst they use the NA as a temporary test one for their future plans. Now, if everyone is happily playing on the one PVE server I do wonder if they will see any point in re-opening the NA one again.

Lets face it, if you're in the Americas you wouldn't want to start over on the EUPVE server only to find the NA one comes back up in a month and have to think about restarting again another time.

The worst bit about this is the map start is 4am UK time. Guess I'm getting up early on Saturday.

Get up early are you sure? You know these guys have never released anything on time  or in a playable state in there entire existence right?

• Haha 1

yey new map is here.... as anybody needed that...

its not that people want new ships or tames and a new tame even got announced ... over 1 year ago and we are still waiting ...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Egonspencer said:

Get up early are you sure? You know these guys have never released anything on time  or in a playable state in there entire existence right?

I played Ark before, so I know their record. You noticed I said 4am on Saturday, but didn't say which one, or which month! 😉

• Haha 2

..my hair is dry, as the ocean is gone. But my eyes are wet, thinking what will be. Soon, the smell of ocean, taste of sea, sounds of cannons.. arr, those who wait, will see!

Edited by ZimBack
lol
  • Like 2

TBH i would give up on the game if they remove the PvE server, i dont want to deal with the toxicity of the PVP players, and it makes it impossible for us solo players who want to join in on the multiplayer side of things to do anything, none of the people i normally play with play atlas, (ive tried to get them to try it) and based on my experiences in other PVP focused games, (Ark, Sea Of Thieves, For Honor, Red dead redemption 2, etc..) the player base has some ok people who will try and wither help, or just not kill a new player, but that's rare, a majority of games with a PVP element have people who will go out of there way to ruin a players experience just because they can, ive had friends give up on games because a more experienced player was camping outside of the spawn, or they just go out of there way to ruin a good time. people dont know how to relax and ENJOY a game for the game play anymore, they try to relax by ruining someone else's day in said game. all that being said, im just hoping that they dont remove the PvE side of the game because there are plenty of people who enjoy the game without the PvP. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Gomez Addams said:

@Bluestone “ Everything and everyone” So private servers also if they update?

Lol. I had mentioned the official servers in the previous line and thought the context would carry over. My apologies if I caused confusion or alarm. I do not know what impact if anyt there will be upon private servers.

• Thanks 1

Will the maps at the bottom of the page ever be updated it's been about a year.

On 6/30/2020 at 11:07 PM, CyanicEmber said:

I'm confused why everyone is interpreting one PvE server "for the time being" as, one PvE server which will eventually go away and not, one PvE server which will eventually be joined by more PvE servers...?

Because they said they are "breaking PvE away into something else" what does this mean? You could interpret that as PvP server with PvE elements so they get rid of PvE only. There is no confusion other than why they don't want to say.

Yes they may add another PvE server back up and keep just one for "time being" but why? If they are breaking PvE into something else? Until we know what that something else is it's anyones guess but my hunch is PvE will be gone eventually. I could be wrong but that is why so many interpret that way.

• Like 1