ATLAS

Get Ready to Set Sail on The Maelstrom!

kuaTZQIDTcCVZOlBIuXB_68NPwsbMeHgy5NHxJJU

Ahoy Pathfinders!

The Grapeshot Crew is excited to announce the date and time of:

:anchor: Season 4: The Maelstrom :anchor:

This Friday, July 3rd, at 8 pm PDT (11 pm EDT), ATLAS' new World Map: The Maelstrom, will be replacing our original world map on both PC and Xbox. Everyone has worked hard to streamline player progression in The Maelstrom - players at lower levels will find it easier to focus on getting set up for their journey, and more experienced players will see new levels o' fun with a focus on player encounters.

_hFRu15w2x3MvHSvyyV9-UwLjTQw37y82ymLnR8l

1QW5Tp0JcV8pIXmMH3Ol20vQWfwy5G_bVOsbbVOr

Please Note:

• Since The Maelstrom is a new journey, server wipes will be necessary for a fresh new start.
  • As a reminder, while we focus on PVP gameplay, there will be one global PVE server for the time being.  PVP servers will remain region-specific.
  • Avast Ye! Servers may be down for around 45 minutes while we deploy the new map this Friday at 8 pm PDT.

Expect full patch notes to be available upon the update.

Happy Sailing,

- ATLAS Crew

:skull: For the latest dispatch on #playATLAS keep yer one good eye trained on this here information :skull:

Natter n' chatter on Discord: https://discord.gg/playatlas

Hear ye, hear ye on Twitter: https://twitter.com/sailtheatlas

Plus ye can band with us Pirates on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/playatlasgame

View full article

• Like 3

Can we expect an update on the Dev Kit with this patch? Also can we get a confirmation that unofficial will not have to wipe?

• Like 1

im gonna wait to go hard for "trade winds" which i really hope actually means automated shipping. I appreciate the PVP aims, but merchanting/piracy should be THE primary and ultimate focus. 

Edited by Enki Anunnaki
  • Like 1

"there will be one global PVE server for the time being." interesting way to say you don't care about the players that like and want to play the game but not deal with the toxic nature of what you call "levels o' fun with a focus on player encounters"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

How does, having 1 global pve server makes any difference to having 2 regional servers?
Everyone just likes to complain about blshit all the time..

So we get seasons and steamlined player progression.
Next CL they might even go more Battle Royal style maybe, as we allready dropped the MMO tag with this change as it seems.

Question is how they steamline, no more or less DP? Levelcap at 80?

Ahhh. I thought I would be able to play next Diablo III season for a week or two before Atlas new map released. But it also gona be released at July 3rd so... DIII will wait lol. 

And yeah, btw, guys, I once accidentally joined US PVE from Russia and I've beed surprised how smooth those servers were... I mean, ping difference was minimal, I had pretty comfortable game.

Edited by George Catcher
  • Thanks 1

So what you are saying is don't play PvE server unless you want everything to be wiped again? "here will be one global PVE server for the time being"

Why even keep PvE server up if you aren't planning to keep it long term? You should be more clear to people because they will build and eventually you will take that server down and they lose everything AGAIN.

They even have the nerve to use the same video as they did in the release, just when you think they couldn't stoop any lower. Have to laugh at the incompetence if nothing else 😂

• Haha 1

"one global PVE server for the time being" - Doesn't sound good to me. Does "for the time being" mean all my progress is going to be wiped in favour of a pvp server ?

• Like 3

I take it to mean there will only be one PVE server for the time being whilst they use the NA as a temporary test one for their future plans. Now, if everyone is happily playing on the one PVE server I do wonder if they will see any point in re-opening the NA one again.

Lets face it, if you're in the Americas you wouldn't want to start over on the EUPVE server only to find the NA one comes back up in a month and have to think about restarting again another time.

The worst bit about this is the map start is 4am UK time. Guess I'm getting up early on Saturday.

Edited by Killer Keen
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Killer Keen said:

I take it to mean there will only be one PVE server for the time being whilst they use the NA as a temporary test one for their future plans. Now, if everyone is happily playing on the one PVE server I do wonder if they will see any point in re-opening the NA one again.

Lets face it, if you're in the Americas you wouldn't want to start over on the EUPVE server only to find the NA one comes back up in a month and have to think about restarting again another time.

The worst bit about this is the map start is 4am UK time. Guess I'm getting up early on Saturday.

Funny thing is I rolled on PvE EU a while back because it was up before the US server.  Then there was another wipe and I was happy to rebuild on a US server.  Now I have to rebuild on an EU server that might get wiped soon and no US server option again?  I don't really care if the server gets wiped in 6 months but if its going to be a couple of weeks I don't want to bother.  I really wish they would come up with a real plan with timelines and share it with us.

Look, my wife and I took a whole week to get caught up on what we lost with the na wipe. A week and we had a group of bears, giraffes, elephants, and 2 galleons. If you're complaining about thousands of lost hours building you're missing the point of them getting people off land and on the seas....

That’s all good and fine but this information does not help the PVE players at all! We need to know your plans for PVE and PVP so we can know how to plan accordingly with the new update. 

At this moment we have no idea if you plan to incorporate a PVPVE, which would benefit us to start fresh on the PVP Server. 

Or do you plan to leave them separate which would benefit us to start fresh on the PVE server.

Do you plan to ever have NA PVE back up and running? 

Does “focusing on pvp” mean that PVE will effectively be unsupported or improved at the same level as pvp? Cause then some Pve people may choose to try out PVP since we are being forced out of the office like Creed Bratton.

Jesus Christ the first few months of a wipe are pivotal to get the best possible area and start our lines of breeds mutations/supply/etc...

It’s not as simple as join and play any time. Especially on PVP with the countless griefers.

Edited by Louiziana