Sign in to follow this  
McDangles

PTR? New Map? When?

So yes early access and all that.  However why isn't any of this going through the PTR?  Why even have a PTR then?  Is live now the PTR?  When will the new island be up?

10 hours ago, McDangles said:

So yes early access and all that.  However why isn't any of this going through the PTR?  Why even have a PTR then?  Is live now the PTR?  When will the new island be up?

well, considering they started working on it literally 1 week ago and that they probably wont release a barren new map with nothing to do i would assume it should take them at least a month to set up the map + trading routes + some new basic features but that is just my guess.

Edited by The D Legacy

New map is coming on Friday apparently https://www.playatlas.com/index.php?/atlas-news/news/get-ready-to-set-sail-on-the-maelstrom-r269/

• Like 1

Trouble is if you read it says we will be keeping PvE server up for "time being" which means anyone building on there will lose their stuff again fairly soon. So why bother? Or have I read it wrong.

4 minutes ago, DannyUK said:

Trouble is if you read it says we will be keeping PvE server up for "time being" which means anyone building on there will lose their stuff again fairly soon. So why bother? Or have I read it wrong.

"while we focus on PVP gameplay, there will be one global PVE server for the time being"

what confuses me is that the say "while" instead of "as" and at the same time the end up with "for the time being", so there is some big gramatical ambiguity there, but i am inclied to believe once they are done with pvp gameplay they will implement the NA PVE server again, i could be wrong tho.

• Like 2

What I am gathering is they are not doing testing and just rushing I to things. They will he leaving the pve server open because many pve players probably won’t like the new map because of the pvp dominated playstyle. 

I also gathered they are still being secretive even though it’s only 3 days away. The patch notes should easily be dropped right now. I am thinking that they didn’t really change that much mechanic wise and just made a new map with a forced travel route. 

don’t get too excited guys. If they are boasting it is for a reason because if they have something good to say they will shout it to the heavens.

7 minutes ago, Whitehawk said:

They are still advertising the game as pvp or pve on xbox site btw.

Yeah I seriously doubt they were able to work in the pve with the pvp. I pretty much guarantee it. That is the reason they are leaving a pve server up. I figured they wouldn’t have the skill to blend the two lol.

ok everyone. It’s just a new map with a forced travel route. You can go on about your business now. Lol

I've got a feeling that they will see the player base and sales on both pvp and pve for a month or so and decide what to do with pve server after that. But for now with eu and na pve server combined, I doubt if the gameplay is gonna be that great for xboxers anyway.

Well it's hard to say for sure what there plan is, are they going to leave PvE server up for "time being" and then take it down to make PvP server have PvE part in it? Or are they going to put the NA PvE server up once they finished doing PvP?

If it's the first option, I don't have the motivation to start again after the wipe on PvE only for it to be brought down so we are forced to join the PvP at a later date. I don't see many coming back to be honest, certainly not like the 1st or 2nd wipe.

Really don't get why they can't be clear on these things, it's not hard to just let people know how it's going to be or what features are coming if any at all. So frustrating as I like the interaction on PvE in helping others and they help you but with them driving players away they aren't doing themselves any favours. If they really want PvP then just cut PvE out altogether, stop beating around the bush and just do it.

Lets see how many monthly updates come out of it, I bet it doesn't last more than a month.