Sign in to follow this  
The D Legacy

Will the game be re-coded??

People seems to be eagerly waiting for the new version of ATLAS asking about changes, giving feedback and all that, but most people seem to forget the current state of the game when it comes to the technical aspects, its unacceptable to have a game with such poor graphic quality that stutters while just using the camera to look around, i dont rly care about graphics in this game since its pretty much a lost cause but a poor performance is definetly a deal breaker, so i would like to request @Chismebeard@Nami and @Primus a clarification about this topic whenever you feel ready to share info with us.

• Confused 1

Considering the game is pretty much just a modified version of ark in the first place, I am gonna go out on a limb and say no.

• Haha 2

Why do you have stutters when looking around? Have you tried launching in low memory mode? Are you in a harbour with 20 galleons etc?

Would be nice if there was some optimisation, ark runs much better than atlas on my rig. You know the history of this game though, so all I can say is good luck.

21 hours ago, eeeceee said:

Why do you have stutters when looking around? Have you tried launching in low memory mode? Are you in a harbour with 20 galleons etc?

Would be nice if there was some optimisation, ark runs much better than atlas on my rig. You know the history of this game though, so all I can say is good luck.

it has always happened since i bought the game,  its a persistent issue, the game seems to struggle quite a bit whenever it has to re-render the enviroment on cam rotation (most specifically trees) so climates with lots of trees were always an awfull experience for me, wich is why i decided to live in the desert wich almost never gave me that problem.

i always play on low memory mode to improve the experience as much as possible, last time it was just my newly created naked charater and the island i was spawned on, no ships or buildings around.

Yeah, i know, i havent put any hopes behind the question, i can just keep playing Division 2 or even go back to BDO but i would like to have a sea related game in my repertoire to play every now and then but for some strange reason not many devs seem intrested in the concept, worst case scenario i could just buy sea of thieves but that game seems more fun to play with close friends than solo.

@Alesan93 is there anything i said that confused you? do you need any clarification?

Edited by The D Legacy
  • Haha 1

It won't be re coded I would bet money on that. They have used similar coding to Ark.

What they should have done was code game from scratch years ago away from Ark but they are not capable devs to do that.

They played the safe bet and stuck with code they know rather than make fresh game. If only better devs had this game would be so much better. 

There will probably be performance optimizations, if that's what you're meaning.  The game is quite gorgeous on medium and above, and it definitely requires a beefier GPU than Ark at the moment.  Try playing around with your settings.  Stay away from ambient lighting effects, shadows, etc if your machine is struggling.  If it's trees doing it, lower the ground foliage density.

Edited by Thayxen

11 hours ago, Thayxen said:

There will probably be performance optimizations, if that's what you're meaning.  The game is quite gorgeous on medium and above, and it definitely requires a beefier GPU than Ark at the moment.  Try playing around with your settings.  Stay away from ambient lighting effects, shadows, etc if your machine is struggling.  If it's trees doing it, lower the ground foliage density.

well i wouldnt call it georgeous (specially now that i am playing division 2, wich btw performs very well considering the high graphical fidelity it works with) but yeah i remember doing that in the past, if i recall properly foliage density showed an improvement, but in the end i have no intention on playing again until they present the new version of the game + remove decay timers, just considered this to be the right time to mention it in case any changes in that regard can be done.

Edited by The D Legacy

i got rid of the stutters by added 16gigs of ram total 32, before when i alt tabbed out and looked at task manager game was using 12 to 14 gigs, after increase sometimes id hit 18 gigs ram despite have 8 gigs on my video-card. but i still get stutters in massive 100 player harbor battles.

2 hours ago, Remo said:

i got rid of the stutters by added 16gigs of ram total 32, before when i alt tabbed out and looked at task manager game was using 12 to 14 gigs, after increase sometimes id hit 18 gigs ram despite have 8 gigs on my video-card. but i still get stutters in massive 100 player harbor battles.

interesting, unfortunately i am not willing to buy +16GB RAM for this game alone as all the other games i play seem to do perfectly fine with what i have, but that info can hopefully help this guys know what part of the code to focus on improving.