Sign in to follow this  
ZetaZhan

Community Support Needed! Promote the Game!

I love this game. Like many of you I've been disappointed by poor leadership/management in the past . I have had this game since it first release having to quit early because my computer couldn't handle it.   But over time the game has been updated lots of things fixed, many remain to be fixed. We now have a fresh wipe, fresh new developers, and a new start to grow the game and make it better then it is today. I implore you to take the time to reach out to your friends , old players you played with, get new people to try the game out.   Lets make Season 4 awesome by promoting the game and giving the new developers the benefit of the doubt.     This game has so much potential and if we support it can be the game we are looking for it to become.   

Rather then doing something Negative like boycotting the game which only reinforces conflict. Lets instead promote the game and get a whole new population to fill the smaller map and have fun times pirating against one another. Lets encourage the new developers, remember they aren't he old developers. Support them by getting new people to purchase the game and make sure they have the resources to make this game outstanding.  We can adapt, grow, evolve this game to be fantastic. 

• Haha 1

Why won't you tell me where you play Zeta. Your "nice" remember?....therefore i should have NO reason to obliterate you...right?

We are still talking about Atlas right? Is your mission to break atlas by promoting and organizing a boycott?   I am the opposition to your mission. I wan't Atlas to prosper and grow, develop into a released game and make lots of money. ARK constantly has 30k people on all the time, would be nice to see Atlas get that many. Easily could be done. 

Whether someone agrees or disagrees with any post about Atlas, should NOT become an excuse to attack someone on a personal level. We all have strong political views and believe me, being a political activist all the days of my youth, I could leave a lot of people on here standing speechless in most topics of debate. However an Atlas game forum is not the place to do it, or start a private war on someones views that has nothing whatsoever to do with this game. And I am sorry but I do not agree that there are posts on here that aren't simply trolling for arguments. And I am personally blocking them, I think other people should do the same.

Whitehawk i respect your opinion

I mde a simple point. Atlas should endure a temporary boycot to motivate them to take responsibility for thier product.

Thats it.

Sound reasonable?

I actually think a boycott is a bit late, as most of us already own the game. But I am hoping that the new devs continue to read peoples opinions on here and discord and make  their decisions based around the Atlas community.

Hi folks.  I'm going to go ahead and delete any off-topic comments.

Criticism towards ATLAS is acceptable, conversations that are political are not.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Chismebeard said:

Hi folks.  I'm going to go ahead and delete any off-topic comments.

Criticism towards ATLAS is acceptable, conversations that are political are not.

ty, this was becoming a drama show.

On 6/23/2020 at 4:18 AM, ZetaZhan said:

I love this game. Like many of you I've been disappointed by poor leadership/management in the past . I have had this game since it first release having to quit early because my computer couldn't handle it.   But over time the game has been updated lots of things fixed, many remain to be fixed. We now have a fresh wipe, fresh new developers, and a new start to grow the game and make it better then it is today. I implore you to take the time to reach out to your friends , old players you played with, get new people to try the game out.   Lets make Season 4 awesome by promoting the game and giving the new developers the benefit of the doubt.     This game has so much potential and if we support it can be the game we are looking for it to become.   

Rather then doing something Negative like boycotting the game which only reinforces conflict. Lets instead promote the game and get a whole new population to fill the smaller map and have fun times pirating against one another. Lets encourage the new developers, remember they aren't he old developers. Support them by getting new people to purchase the game and make sure they have the resources to make this game outstanding.  We can adapt, grow, evolve this game to be fantastic. 

Yeah...mmm... not happening, supporting someone who has abandoned their own product, left 50k+ people hanging for more than a year and then used that money to develop another product, only to come here as if nothing happened would be the most lack of dignity act any of those 50k+ player could do, reputation is there for a reason, you ruin your reputation with scams, fraud-like behaviour, lies and opacity then you ruin your company, contrary of what some people think "the end does NOT justify the means".

And on top of that i have to put my time, effort and the resposibility of my suggeston to let my friends or other people use their money to easy the hardships (direct consequence of their fraun-like decision making) the game could be facing???...NAH

My friend, YOU NEED. TO UP. YOUR STANDARS.!!

Edited by The D Legacy

I think we should wait to see what they do with the game, now that everyones cards are on the table. But if pve is ruined then I won't be participating. Maybe it's my age though, cos it seems to me most mmo's are going down the same road these days anyhow. Even my main game eso is getting stupidly grindy and money grabbing now.

16 minutes ago, Whitehawk said:

I think we should wait to see what they do with the game, now that everyones cards are on the table. But if pve is ruined then I won't be participating. Maybe it's my age though, cos it seems to me most mmo's are going down the same road these days anyhow. Even my main game eso is getting stupidly grindy and money grabbing now.

thats the natural result of costumer's complacency and companies greed

All of my social network are working/ full time fathers. The grind for this game is impossible for this age group of players. The community as it is in PVP is extremely toxic and passive aggressive. Not to mention the grieving is insane. You talk about getting people to come be targets of offline predators that really don't have any intention of PVP...they just steal the stuff once they see a tile is empty. It is extremely not enjoyable at that point. Losing it all over and over in a fight is one thing...never seeing anyone to fight and just grinding resources endlessly is too much at times. Then to find out the people constantly enjoying PVP freeport squat and invest zero time into base building...leaving themselves never to be exposed to an enemy offensive attack...letting people go on the offense and keep animals in the freeports ruined the game...the boats can sit there for 12 hours plus without repair...it invites trolls...and that is what the game is full of now...trolls. It is more fun just having a boat and PVP'ing everything you see without investing any time into the game. I have had a horrible time with the game given my limited time to play it thus far.  

• Like 1

The problem is with mmos in general not just Atlas imo, is that you get cowards on pvp who won't fight a fair battle, because they don't like the aggro and should be on pve. Then you get cowards on pve who grief people,because they like the aggro, when they should be on pvp. Sometimes but not as much you get the odd berk who just wants to fight everyone, so they can prove they are real bad. For me I don't particularly want an mmo that's totally out there and different, just one that runs well and is a good escape from the everyday grind. I don't mind pvp when its fair, but I prefer pve cos it's more creative. but some of the everyday rubbish you find on pvp really puts me of from bothering with it much anymore.

22 hours ago, ZetaZhan said:

Why would I promote this game? They changed staff for a third time and now we are getting another wipe(I am fine with it) but al they said was we are making a new map and we have new CM’s. Guess what? Where the duck are the new CM’s. 

please give me the excuse of “they aren’t allowed to talk” come on white knights, I am waiting. I will call BS on that all day. They literally got hired a couple of days ago.

NEW DEVS, please understand this. If you are also expected to stay silent you will actually be hated by the community. Nobody cares if the word hate it used right now. If you try to stay hear you better make a difference or you will be long gone and worthless like the others. 

please do better.

43 minutes ago, Pooter said:

Why would I promote this game? They changed staff for a third time and now we are getting another wipe(I am fine with it) but al they said was we are making a new map and we have new CM’s. Guess what? Where the duck are the new CM’s. 

please give me the excuse of “they aren’t allowed to talk” come on white knights, I am waiting. I will call BS on that all day. They literally got hired a couple of days ago.

NEW DEVS, please understand this. If you are also expected to stay silent you will actually be hated by the community. Nobody cares if the word hate it used right now. If you try to stay hear you better make a difference or you will be long gone and worthless like the others. 

please do better.

i think they are smart to not come out on the forums unless they have specific things to say.  hopefully they will answer questions they read. Lets give them benefit of the doubt.  With it being 2020 and everyone being crazy I'd limit my communication too! Don't know who you might offend!