Sign in to follow this  
Unaskedcaboose

Doing away with pve

So atlas was supposed to be launched with pve and pvp if the deves dont thank this is wrong I won't to know why? There is a list of definitions I could use but evidently I could get my post locked. I would be ok with pvp if it was at sea only were history shows most if not all pirates battled. I don't like it that I could spend hours on taming a animal or building a place just to have a person destroy it and that is supposed to be fun? How I feel like I wasted my money on two purchased atlas game 

• Thanks 1

Hi, as far as I am aware Atlas is keeping both PvE and PvP.
The recent information was admittedly vague and so hopefully they can clarify exactly what they meant soon, but it doesn't definitively say they are removing the option to play on a PvE server.

Two parts of the announcements that come to mind that people are interpreting as no more PvE are that NA PvE has been taken down, and that the announcement mentions 'breaking out PvE play into something else'.

Regarding NA PvE there are reasons to believe that it was only taken down in order to be used as a test server (PTR) prior to the upcoming official network wipe; it has been reported that a PTR atlas branch has appeared on steam which would add credibility to this possibility. Also, Atlas has done similar in the past as well, where they take down one official cluster to use as the PTR then the official cluster returns after the testing period. The announcement does not include any of these details, so hopefully we get clarification on whether this is the case asap.

Regarding the announcement wording, some read 'breaking out PvE play into something else' as turning PvE into PvP. However this is also vague and we could use more clarification on its meaning. But one possibility is that they simply intend to change the way PvE currently works into a different approach to PvE.

Basically, we need more information. But so far they haven't said no more PvE. Let's hope they let us know soon because no one is enjoying this period of confusion and frustration.

• Like 1

From the way it reads pve na server is done there debating on removing the pve EU server amd there goal is to get people to play pvp. I agree they need to stop tiptoeing and just say it because the way that article was written pve is done.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Unaskedcaboose said:

From the way it reads pve na server is done there debating on removing the pve EU server amd there goal is to get people to play pvp. I agree they need to stop tiptoeing and just say it because the way that article was written pve is done.

Well what will happen is that everything is getting wiped. Not just na pve and Eu pve, but as well as na pvp and Eu pvp. The whole game is getting wiped for the new map and they will he making a combination of pvp and pve. 

how they will accomplish this isn’t known but in all reality it can only be one of two ways and those are the only possible two ways. The first way and the best way would be to have factions if they were smart with main cities for pve content. The second way which will fail will be to just make certain squares pve. This will fail become those squares can not only be camped but the will also be exploited. The they really only have 1 possibly successful option because they only other one will fail just like anything else they think of.

We dont know if the new map will be a combined PvP and PvE map yet but it is certainly one of the possibilities. 

9 minutes ago, Bluestone said:

We dont know if the new map will be a combined PvP and PvE map yet but it is certainly one of the possibilities. 

If they don’t add pve in with it then they have already failed before they have begun. Pve people simply won’t play pvp regardless of what they try to implement so it doesn’t matter if we know anything or not if they don’t do it then they are done and will be stuck with have of what they even have now playing.

wait till people get tired of paying taxes to the big company on the trade routes as well. They won’t bother trying to take down the bigger companies, they will just leave this time.

Well like my longer post above points out, we also don't know if they are removing PvE servers entirely.
So as things stand right now, PvE players will be able to play on PvE servers and not give PvP a second thought.
We have to be careful not to take speculation too seriously.

the developers are doing this to themselves by being vague and not communicating well. The last post they made was in April, then they come out with this post about a wipe and are vague.  Poor communication skills.  We are in 2020, may of us have been gamers for 30+ years. We have experienced hundreds of game developers communication strategies and this is a very poor way of communicating monumental decisions.  If they want the game to stay alive they should host a QandA or actually talk to the fans about their plans in depth so no speculation is necessary. 

1 hour ago, Bluestone said:

Well like my longer post above points out, we also don't know if they are removing PvE servers entirely.
So as things stand right now, PvE players will be able to play on PvE servers and not give PvP a second thought.
We have to be careful not to take speculation too seriously.

I fully realize that some people don’t want to go off of speculation and that is completely fine if you don’t want to. I won’t judge or harass. I know these people. They won’t have multiple servers again. Nobody wants to think about the financial costs. All of those servers that were basically empty for months were chipping away at the ark cash cow. Ark has definitely been funding this game 100%. The puny sales of atlas in total pale in comparison to ark. 

this game doesn’t make money. Genesis brought a lot more money to the table that atlas didn’t. Having said that ark now has excess money for atlas again. The sad part is these guys aren’t good with their decision Making. They like burning the extra money as fast as they get it they are “$@@$& rich” so to speak. Don’t you dare assume what I said.

I'm not upto date with the current news on Atlas but if they get rid of PvE and only have PvP in it's current form then it will certainly be a dead game. You will have a few die hard fans playing it and the cost of running the servers will be pointless and players will most likely go private servers.

They need to go down the faction route to bring PvE players into PvP. Trying to force people to play PvP is not going to work I'm afraid. They need to try and bring people back not drive what is left away.

Just 1 of their quotes "Right now many things are hard-coded to work under certain conditions."

Yes I wonder why that is? Might have something to do with Ark maybe, shot yourselves in the foot have you? They couldn't run a bath nevermind a game.

Edited by DannyUK
  • Haha 1

yea and they should not listen to anybody tbh and finish the game

and then let it just be

if you do not cater a broad range of gamers the game dies anyway.