Sign in to follow this  
Ranger1k

Until the new content is dropped...

Boycott the product and lower your reviews.

If they dont get rid of the "pre release" get out of jail card theyre going to keeep fumbling around and refusing to take responsibility for a product thats been FULLY RELEASED for over a year.

Period.

Theres a million things that could be done to build this into a multi billion dollar franchise but they wont. The changes dont even require much coding change

The games being intentionally tanked probably for a tax write off.

Ill take a gander at the new content but until they remove the hypocritical warning time investment is unjustifiable.

Crooked as scoliosis

I am locking this for now.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but there is no need for the name calling, threats, and telling people to shut up.

I am leaving the original post as is and we may re-open it later, assuming that a lively discussion and debate can occur. 

• Thanks 1

Open for business.  You can agree with OP, or disagree.  You can disagree with someone that disagrees with the OP.  I only ask that we not go quite so far off rails this time.

• Like 1

I'm enjoying this game. There has been more action this past week then i've seen in months.  Everyone is pyched to play the game again. We had a fleet battle with 80 people in 1 grid and 50 in another.  massive fleet battles every single night. 

Cant wait for the wipe.

Ty

Well handled

I apologize but i served in the military and when somebody is so blatantly out of line and clearly trolling i dont dilly dally, i go for the throat immediately.

Regarding my advocating a boycott, this advocation is based on the complaints listed in prior posts. 

This game has massive potential but fundamental issues need addressed.

In ALL things trust is essential. This company is losing the trust of their players. Place rectification of trust isses high on your priority list imo.

If you would like to hire a consultant with 35+ years gaming experience you know how to contact me.

Have a good day

Bro i have 500 hours on this game. whats that break down to 0.06 $   per hour i spent on this game.  I know some people with 4,000 hours.    Many people spent less then a penny per hour of money.  Give it a break. You got your moneys worth if you spent more then 30 hours in this game.  How much does 1 meal out cost?  Cut some slack!   If your from the military you should know the value of dollars.  If you have 35 years of experience gaming you should know what your time is worth and how much you spend on each game for the time you invest in it.  I call BS. 

What a crybaby 

Well Zeta you clearly don't know much about the military if you think they are interested in money. Tbh though I don't think the devs were in it just for a quick cash grab or any other reason like that. I base that on the evidence of some of their other games, ie dark and light, outlaws of the old west, citadel etc. All these games I still play and they still get updates very occasionally. I've always said I think the devs just get bored and have other Ideas, and move to something else from time to time, some creative people (myself included) have that failing. I too have had my money's worth,pc and xbox, though not so much xbox. But I also wanted a game that I could continually play and support for years to come, so I understand that others are disappointed too at recent events in Atlas. The potential for this game is amazing.And these forums are a good place for genuine debate that might even get things changed for the better.

• Thanks 1

your right don't they buy hammers for $500 , coffee mugs for $1200.  Yeah if anything if your in the military you should have a over inflated value of things Hahah! 

I'm talking about the soldiers, as an ounce of intelligence would show you, however as you are quite obviously just trolling and not interested in any form of mutual debate then I will just have to put  your comments on ignore in future. And if in said future I find myself requiring a bout of uninspiring, mindless textual exchange, I'll be sure to seek you out. Have a great day.

• Like 1

how many hours have you spent on the game?  Can you divide $30 by the amount of hours you spent and then get back to me how this game hasn't been worth its value.   You have 880 posts, i have 12 post. Who is the one that spews uninspiring mindless text again? 😛

Edited by ZetaZhan

So now you insult not just me,. but Whitehawk AND the US Military?

Do tell...give us a few of your credentials Mr Tons o Fun..

How many hours there?....CoD doesnt count keyboard warrior...

Edited by Ranger1k

For your safety ive reported you to the moderators.

Keep being a troll. I dare ya

2 hours ago, ZetaZhan said:

I'm enjoying this game. There has been more action this past week then i've seen in months.  Everyone is pyched to play the game again. We had a fleet battle with 80 people in 1 grid and 50 in another.  massive fleet battles every single night. 

Cant wait for the wipe.

That is completely cool man. They n fact, I remember there was a time in my life where a cardboard box was all I needed to have fun. Thanks for still having enough money imagination to have fun in this game. It’s a true virtue.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ranger1k said:

For your safety ive reported you to the moderators.

Keep being a troll. I dare ya

Saying something factual about the military is not insulting, unless you consider spending $1200 for a coffee mug insulting. https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/your-air-force/2018/10/22/battle-over-air-forces-1300-coffee-cups-heats-up/   But hey its 2020 and everyone has thin skin these days. Look at the cancel culture going on. BLEH . 

Again you are asking people to boycott the game. How about you answer my question. Divide $30 by the amount of hours you spent on the game so far. So far mine is $0.006   I spent less then a penny per hour. I would say thats a good deal. Nothing worth boycotting

You are trying to actively destroy this game. You should be banned from the forums. 

21 hours ago, Ranger1k said:

Boycott the product and lower your reviews.

If they dont get rid of the "pre release" get out of jail card theyre going to keeep fumbling around and refusing to take responsibility for a product thats been FULLY RELEASED for over a year.

Period.

Theres a million things that could be done to build this into a multi billion dollar franchise but they wont. The changes dont even require much coding change

The games being intentionally tanked probably for a tax write off.

Ill take a gander at the new content but until they remove the hypocritical warning time investment is unjustifiable.

Crooked as scoliosis

You are literally insulting the devs and telling people to put this game into financial ruin. You are toxic. 

Edited by ZetaZhan

1 minute ago, ZetaZhan said:

Saying something factual about the military is not insulting, unless you consider spending $1200 for a coffee mug insulting. https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/your-air-force/2018/10/22/battle-over-air-forces-1300-coffee-cups-heats-up/ 

Again you are asking people to boycott the game. How about you answer my question. Divide $30 by the amount of hours you spent on the game so far. So far mine is $0.006   I spent less then a penny per hour. I would say thats a good deal. Nothing worth boycotting

You are trying to actively destroy this game. You should be banned from the forums. 

Why does everyone want to ban everyone else. It’s a shame how weak the world has become. The lack of freedom of speech has become pathetic to say the least. Cancel, cancel, cancel. 

in my opinion I should be able to the the N word on here if I wanted to and I really don’t care what anyone things about that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pooter said:

Why does everyone want to ban everyone else. It’s a shame how weak the world has become. The lack of freedom of speech has become pathetic to say the least. Cancel, cancel, cancel. 

in my opinion I should be able to the the N word on here if I wanted to and I really don’t care what anyone things about that.

I feel you. There is no free speech anymore.   They canceled Aunt Jimama for Christ sakes.  I can't get no more Uncle BENS!  This world is so sad and pathetic made up of losers who scream the most till someone cancels what they are screaming about. 

This is just a game. if you don't like it don't play it, but don't ask others to actively organize to destroy the future of the game with a boycott.  Get the hell out of these forums and go play minecraft solo. 

Negative I'm advocating a temporary boycott untill they remove the "pre release" warning since it effectively abdicates any responsibility for a product that is FULLY RELEASED

Regarding yet another one of your panzyass personal attacks i own 2 accounts and BOTH probably have more game hours than you.

Now. Go back to mommas basement and troll someone who wont make you walk with a permanent limp. Youve been warned, again

2 minutes ago, ZetaZhan said:

I feel you. There is no free speech anymore.   They canceled Aunt Jimama for Christ sakes.  I can't get no more Uncle BENS!  This world is so sad and pathetic made up of losers who scream the most till someone cancels what they are screaming about. 

This is just a game. if you don't like it don't play it, but don't ask others to actively organize to destroy the future of the game with a boycott.  Get the hell out of these forums and go play minecraft solo. 

Yeah I am with you as well to an extent. Unfortunately as being a true believer in free speech it is more our right to ignore what people say than it is to tell them they can’t say it. 

I hear plenty of stuff I don’t like but I will never tell anyone they can’t express themselves. The main thing I want you to remember and I am not sure if you have been here since the beginning(don’t worry, I am not assuming) but depending on that you might not know the frustrations that have gone on for these people.

i for one don’t like the devs but that is because I have played ark since the beginning and I have seen all of the unethical stuff they have done for over 5 years so believe me, it isn’t a pooping on atlas discussion man. It’s a righteous take a dump on the devs discussion and believe me you would lose that one regardless of whether you like the game or not.

btw I like the game as well.... not the devs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pooter said:

Yeah I am with you as well to an extent. Unfortunately as being a true believer in free speech it is more our right to ignore what people say than it is to tell them they can’t say it. 

I hear plenty of stuff I don’t like but I will never tell anyone they can’t express themselves. The main thing I want you to remember and I am not sure if you have been here since the beginning(don’t worry, I am not assuming) but depending on that you might not know the frustrations that have gone on for these people.

i for one don’t like the devs but that is because I have played ark since the beginning and I have seen all of the unethical stuff they have done for over 5 years so believe me, it isn’t a pooping on atlas discussion man. It’s a righteous take a dump on the devs discussion and believe me you would lose that one regardless of whether you like the game or not.

btw I like the game as well.... not the devs.

I played ARK for 4,000 hoursa and bought this game when it first came out. Trust me i know about the failed launch of it.  But every game lately has failed launches and gets better over time. Last OAsis had to refund everyone and put off their release for a week.   This game has a lot of potential and its sad for someone to come on the forums and try to insult the devs and ruin them financially during a massive depression by organizing a boycott.  Thats insulting to me.   This guy doesn't care about the human toll he would inflict if his plans of boycotting the game came through. you would destroy peoples jobs and ruin the entertainment of thousands of people that want a MMO survival pirate game. 

How about identify the problems you have with it and help the new devs fix it to be the best game we all know it can be. 

5 minutes ago, Ranger1k said:

Negative I'm advocating a temporary boycott untill they remove the "pre release" warning since it effectively abdicates any responsibility for a product that is FULLY RELEASED

Regarding yet another one of your panzyass personal attacks i own 2 accounts and BOTH probably have more game hours than you.

Now. Go back to mommas basement and troll someone who wont make you walk with a permanent limp. Youve been warned, again

Yeah man, I wouldn’t come at it that way. I do agree with you but you have no tact at all. Yes, the devs are horrible. Yes, they lack common sense. Yes, they will mess this new update up.

why come at people with old insults though? It won’t move your cause any further and will discredit you if a dev every does come here(won’t happen but that’s not the point).

if you want change come at people with something they can’t argue with. That’s all I’m saying.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ZetaZhan said:

I played ARK for 4,000 hoursa and bought this game when it first came out. Trust me i know about the failed launch of it.  But every game lately has failed launches and gets better over time. Last OAsis had to refund everyone and put off their release for a week.   This game has a lot of potential and its sad for someone to come on the forums and try to insult the devs and ruin them financially during a massive depression by organizing a boycott.  Thats insulting to me.   This guy doesn't care about the human toll he would inflict if his plans of boycotting the game came through. you would destroy peoples jobs and ruin the entertainment of thousands of people that want a MMO survival pirate game. 

How about identify the problems you have with it and help the new devs fix it to be the best game we all know it can be. 

The thing is zeta it’s been 8 months of silence. This unethical behavior happened before Covid was even a thing. This happened because ark genesis was coming out and they needed it to be good since it was the major cash cow. Ethical? No. But do I get why they did it? Yes.

it doesn’t change the fact they did abandon the game for a good while before Covid came around. Like I said before I get that you like that game and I did to but I will say it again, I don’t like these devs and I don’t trust them. I can argue on your side and I can also argue on their side. 

when it comes to the game I can be right there with you but unfortunately if you defend the devs I can very easily change my tune and bring plenty of evidence with me.

I appreciate the constructive criticism Poot...

That being said the preteen im arguing w has insulted me NUMEROUS times. He insulted Whitehawk. He insulted the US military multiple times for Christ sake.

He was given a second chance by the moderators. He blew it.

He keeps reverting to a cost basis argument thats completely irrelevant to the genre of this game...

He.....IS.......TROLLING

He needs what we called in the military a "wall to wall counselling"

Hes a subject changing, worthless ass keyboard tough guy.

Period.

Leaving now. Unlike Sir Flounders alot i have a life

Goodbye and good day

1 minute ago, Ranger1k said:

I appreciate the constructive criticism Poot...

That being said the preteen im arguing w has insulted me NUMEROUS times. He insulted Whitehawk. He insulted the US military multiple times for Christ sake.

He was given a second chance by the moderators. He blew it.

He keeps reverting to a cost basis argument thats completely irrelevant to the genre of this game...

He.....IS.......TROLLING

He needs what we called in the military a "wall to wall counselling"

Hes a subject changing, worthless ass keyboard tough guy.

Period.

Leaving now. Unlike Sir Flounders alot i have a life

Goodbye and good day

The US military murdered millions of people for no reason across the globe.  Do you even know why we are in IRAQ still to this day?

Don't talk to me like I have to like the Stormtroopers who work for the Galactic Empire  LOL   We could have had universal healthcare and a incredible economy, gone to Space and colonized the entire solar system if we didn't spend Trillions of dollars a year on a bloated Military. Don't act like it should be respected , because its Americas drain on society. 

You literally want people to lose their jobs during a depression by organizing a boycott.  You are the heartless troll in these forums not me. 

Ok thats too much....

Now your accusing our vets of "murdering millions of people for NO reason"?...

You are a complete piece of shit , arm chair quarterback incapable of conducting a coherent conversation.

You mom have any children that lived?

Ive explained the logic of a temporary boycott....

Its called making a stand to achieve a goal Pvt Pyle.

Now fuck off shitstain

@ZetaZhan and @Ranger1k you have both shown that you don’t have a true appreciation for the first amendment and than saddens me very greatly but it happens to be two different sides that want to take that away now. Very dangerous.

@ZetaZhan you don’t like what he is saying because he disagrees with you on your opinion of the game. Don’t worry I won’t say it’s just a game because regardless I believe your opinion is just as important as his. So he needs to leave that alone.

@Ranger1k no matter how long you served(thank you btw), you do not get to tell him he can’t speak against the military or anything else. That is not what you stand for. You stand for freedom, not taking freedom away. I didn’t serve in the military but I am with the fire department. Do people shit on me sometimes? Sure. Even literally? Unfortunately yes(medical aides) just take the shit when you get it man. You have the honor, nobody takes that away because they said something. Having said that his disputes with you on this game are baseless 

we all know the devs aren’t good at their job. They won’t come through with the Hail Mary. They just can’t pull it off. Ok, so they got new CM’s, but really look at that. Not new coders/programmers. New CM’s please take a second to look at that. Does that sound like another waste of money or not? How do new CM’s 3!!!!!! Make the game better.

Edited by Pooter