Sign in to follow this  
Strider

Subscription

If this new take on Atlas pans out and the new additions to the Dev team can be trusted, is there a chance we can make this game subscription base, so we can keep you folks focused on this game and not ditch and run for the next money grab? This game has soo much potential that it really need to be a main focus for you guys. And real gamers have no issues paying subscription if a game is worth it.

1 hour ago, Strider said:

If this new take on Atlas pans out and the new additions to the Dev team can be trusted, is there a chance we can make this game subscription base, so we can keep you folks focused on this game and not ditch and run for the next money grab? This game has soo much potential that it really need to be a main focus for you guys. And real gamers have no issues paying subscription if a game is worth it.

Nope. I don’t know anyone except for you that would actually pay a subscription for this game. I already paid more than enough as it is.

I would not have minded paying one in the beginning to keep the development afloat. Now they lost all trust. I am not throwing more money in their direction for another "this time we wont wipe again, promise". Even if they would somehow manage to fix all the issues.. the playerbase moved on and Atlas wasn't special enough to get larger groups to come back anyway.

19 hours ago, Strider said:

here we have an example of how people thinks more money means problems solved, how do you fix a person's incompetence with money? who would pay for a subscription to a game wich is barely even working?, the only way to fix this is with exactly what they did, you take the parts of the team that were not functioning properly, replace them and hope for the best.

Well if the game had alot of content and it changed to factions then I would pay a subscription but that would require constant updates and regular content. As it stands I wouldn't pay anymore money towards this game, even if they brought a DLC out for it I still wouldn't pay it.

I think the game could have been a good subscription game if it was in the hands of some good devs. There isn't enough content to warrant any subscription though and they have damaged the community so alot of players will probably not come back regardless. 

Don't know much about making games but I'm guessing it would require alot of time and work to change the game into how it should be, i don't see it complete anytime soon. it may even end up like 7 Days To Die, that has been out years and still in early access isn't it? Have little faith in Atlas right now but some small hope still there they may do a No Man Sky and turn the ship around. 

The way video game developers do it right now,  why settle for subscription when you can keep a game in Early Access for years to come and the modding community to make their own solutions. 

People grow old and move on with their time and lives, but there's always a new kid to buy an ARK-type game for the first time in his or her life. 🤑