SusanT

Dev's where do us pve players stand?

You know they could have just done a simple Twitch stream to straighten all this out.

I'm abit cautious of starting on PvE server until I know it will stay up. It's the "time being" I don't like.

Could have shown us the map on stream and explained things, where islands are now, why they have done this and clarify what is happening with servers going forward. How hard is it?

I mean I don't mind the wipe after a long period of time playing but if I invest more time now I feel like PvE server will be gone sooner rather than later.

They've already said "we are breaking PvE away into something else" TELL US stop speaking in riddles. Does this mean on the PvE server? Or on the PvP server? They have left me totally confused on whether to even attempt to start again tomorrow.

I was hoping these devs were going to be better but still can't grasp the basics of communication. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DannyUK said:

You know they could have just done a simple Twitch stream to straighten all this out.

I'm abit cautious of starting on PvE server until I know it will stay up. It's the "time being" I don't like.

Could have shown us the map on stream and explained things, where islands are now, why they have done this and clarify what is happening with servers going forward. How hard is it?

I mean I don't mind the wipe after a long period of time playing but if I invest more time now I feel like PvE server will be gone sooner rather than later.

They've already said "we are breaking PvE away into something else" TELL US stop speaking in riddles. Does this mean on the PvE server? Or on the PvP server? They have left me totally confused on whether to even attempt to start again tomorrow.

I was hoping these devs were going to be better but still can't grasp the basics of communication. 

The only way I maintained some semblance of sanity with the ark devs, was to continually remind myself that it's just a game, and to try to give myself a bit of their F@#$ it attitude. If they don't care, why should we? In a alternate universe the devs are really great, and most of us are cerebellum deep in a alternate life style. We are lucky they suck hard enough to snap us back to reality once and a while right??

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Genghis Khan said:

Think there has been quite a misunderstanding of large companies in pvp.

"mega tribe" Alliances formed of large companies and Companies split due to max player limit will not fight each other as they are allied.

When in a large alliance all other alliances were shoot on sight. Fought regularly over Fob Islands and Powerstone grids or just for the hell of it.

large companies are just a step up from a mob,with a little compromise each person trying to achieve his or her own goal while working together to experience the game to it fullest.

most of the offline grieving i ever received was as a solo player by small grieving companies or free port/lawless bobs not by large alliances. Even this last Monday playing solo Qm was very friendly when hunting Sod ships in the same powerstone grid as them turn around to be attacked by a lawless bob "3 of my 4 large cannons manned put a quick end to that" . and when i had bad interactions as a solo player with large alliances "schooner being sunk at a powerstone island" was offered a replacement schooner at max craft after speaking with them. subjective

As a NA PVP player i fully understand the risk and really enjoy both roles as a Solo player or Megatribe member.

is anything in Pve worth working for? you could build a blueprinted base with more hp but its not like anyone is going to break them down, you could blueprint a ship but why would it matter not like you are going to sink someone or get shot at, you could breed animals but since you cant be attacked why would it matter how much health or dmg it did. now that you have cut out the need for any blueprint hunting sod is a waist of time. so what do you do when you have completed the very few quest that are available?

Nah, Megas are the problem.

14 hours ago, Strider said:

Come play PvP

Thank you but I can't, I just can't. I know some girls like doing it but I am not one of them, I killed a guy in 7dtd three times in a row and just couldn't bring myself to do it the fourth time even though he was stupid enough to get in front of my ak that many times lololol yeah, I can't do pvp also the destruction is not in my blood.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Bluestone said:

The wording they used is 'for the time being' which I read as an indefinite period. I think they are leaving the option open but for now moving forward there is the one global PvE server (well... from July 3rd 8pm PDT, not right now). I would not hold off playing personally if the reason was to wait for a seperate NA or EU PvE server.

Not to be difficult but those are grey areas, the wording of " for the time being " which means for the present;until some other arrangement is made<that screams temporary to me sorry going by the dictionary of the meaning. This global server I have read what it means if we could maybe get a clarification as to where the pve server is held and will stay that would be awesome because then, one could make an informed decision whether to continue to play as far as a pve player is concerned. The global server concept is all over the place geographically speaking which is not a certainty 😞 I am just not familiar with it, is this applied to a lot of pve games? I mean I myself on a normal basis I play ONLY NA servers because that is my preference not only due to ping and overcrowding but other issues as well, still on a learning curve here.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Genghis Khan said:

Think there has been quite a misunderstanding of large companies in pvp.

"mega tribe" Alliances formed of large companies and Companies split due to max player limit will not fight each other as they are allied.

When in a large alliance all other alliances were shoot on sight. Fought regularly over Fob Islands and Powerstone grids or just for the hell of it.

large companies are just a step up from a mob,with a little compromise each person trying to achieve his or her own goal while working together to experience the game to it fullest.

most of the offline grieving i ever received was as a solo player by small grieving companies or free port/lawless bobs not by large alliances. Even this last Monday playing solo Qm was very friendly when hunting Sod ships in the same powerstone grid as them turn around to be attacked by a lawless bob "3 of my 4 large cannons manned put a quick end to that" . and when i had bad interactions as a solo player with large alliances "schooner being sunk at a powerstone island" was offered a replacement schooner at max craft after speaking with them. subjective

As a NA PVP player i fully understand the risk and really enjoy both roles as a Solo player or Megatribe member.

is anything in Pve worth working for? you could build a blueprinted base with more hp but its not like anyone is going to break them down, you could blueprint a ship but why would it matter not like you are going to sink someone or get shot at, you could breed animals but since you cant be attacked why would it matter how much health or dmg it did. now that you have cut out the need for any blueprint hunting sod is a waist of time. so what do you do when you have completed the very few quest that are available?

is anything in Pve worth working for? Yes./  you could build a blueprinted base with more hp but its not like anyone is going to break them down>I don't think any of us build our bases with high hp, we are aware nothing is really going to tear them down that being said, everyone needs a home base where else are you to put your stuff? and, a lot come on pve to mainly build, there are many, many real life builders that come on pve servers to mainly build and Vets that don't want the aspect of pvp due to the fighting as it is a relaxing time for them and last but not least a lot of disabled people that can't run and jump and do the things their character can do for them, pve touches more aspects in play than one can imagine.

you could blueprint a ship but why would it matter not like you are going to sink someone or get shot at>Well that is what this game was supposed to offer, pirate fights, elements against the ships,quest themselves, pve ships take a LOT more damage than just having other players destroying them/ , you could breed animals but since you cant be attacked why would it matter how much health or dmg it did>>No damage? Of course we get damage and killed but it is by our own choices we put ourselves in those situations like digging treasures, gathering meat, hide, keratoid etc..

now that you have cut out the need for any blueprint hunting sod is a waist of time. so what do you do when you have completed the very few quest that are available?>>What do you mean? Of course we haven't cut out the need for bp's from the sod's it is the very reason WHY we need those bps to fight the sods, by the way I was emphasizing not yelling with the caps. There are those that for some unknown reason lol, LOVE to breed and rear animals and then sell them, different markets for different materials and different products that one would not want to spend their skill points on that others have and can purchase, this game already had all of the aspects that they are trying to offer now and, we pve players were happy with it that is why we told our friends to buy it and come play. Some change is good yeah but total change no.

PVE players enjoy being able to control their own issues with their environment and not some guy who has a hunger for killing and destroying.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, SusanT said:

Not to be difficult but those are grey areas, the wording of " for the time being " which means for the present;until some other arrangement is made<that screams temporary to me sorry going by the dictionary of the meaning.

Yup, and they also fit well with the words I used such as indefinite and 'leaving the option open'.
We will all have to wait and see, but as I said in my comment my point was simply that I wouldn't personally wait for something that could be many months or more away.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Bluestone said:

Yup, and they also fit well with the words I used such as indefinite and 'leaving the option open'.
We will all have to wait and see, but as I said in my comment my point was simply that I wouldn't personally wait for something that could be many months or more away.

Gotcha, and btw thanks for your response. We will be waiting though until it is more permanent but thanks for clarifying 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Atlaneer said:

Imo just get rid of PvE it's a pirate game not Minecraft or love island

if you are a pvp player why the hell do you even care about pve? you have a tunnel vision very characteristic of americans, are you one by chance?

• Like 1

When they showed off the new map, I thought they were including PVE tiles to accommodate the loss of NA PVE.  Guess I was wrong, but damn, that would be a good idea to throw in some PVE tiles, and make the resource gathering rate on them half in a PVP tile, so players still have incentive to travel to those grids in search of better yield.  Why, it might even become a pirate game at that point with PVPers hunting down resource ships traveling to and from the PVE tiles.

I just noticed the tweet saying new map and content but still showing the same video from 2018. 

I don't know what planet these devs are living on. Why would you keep posting same video over and over? Surely the budget can stretch to showing us something new.

I'd like to know how they passed exams for coding games, being serious. I've never seen anyone worse at making a game.  

I'd much rather have some indie game dev make Atlas than these clowns. Still no communication on forums, might as well not have official forums.

• Like 1

On 7/3/2020 at 6:37 PM, Bluestone said:

Ty for responding.

I wouldn't continue to invest my time and energy interacting w a product/company knowing that they would periodically grab said product, erase and mangle it, describe it as an upgrade and then generally ignore my requests for assistance and clarification.

Sorry Im so harsh in my description but real friends tell ya exactly what they think.

That being said this is why I'm simply standing on the sideline, chatting a bit AND, for an "indefinite period of time", going to take my time and money elsewhere in the future.

Once again i apologize for sounding so harsh..

Have a good day

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ranger1k said:

Ty for responding.

I wouldn't continue to invest my time and energy interacting w a product/company knowing that they would periodically grab said product, erase and mangle it, describe it as an upgrade and then generally ignore my requests for assistance and clarification.

Sorry Im so harsh in my description but real friends tell ya exactly what they think.

That being said this is why I'm simply standing on the sideline, chatting a bit AND, for an "indefinite period of time", going to take my time and money elsewhere in the future.

Once again i apologize for sounding so harsh..

Have a good day

You are not the only one, I will be danged if I get on there to build only to have them wipe again like they said they wouldn't after the xbox situation then as well as now stating that they don't take it lightly which in my opinion means two things Jack and S . Pve players were wiped and given the same old map on a server no NA player wants to play on so pve players got so totally screwed over while pvp players are given a new map AND dedicated NA server. I am like you NOT playing the game as well as other friends and I guess what they didn't realize is word is getting around and it will get around more and more just how the devs treat the pve players on here, too bad too as the pve players are becoming a bigger group. 

• Thanks 1

Ty for acknowledging my position and stating concurrence..

Im a bit torn atm..

Dunno... I kinda understand part of their need to downsize the clusters and optimize things a bit from a ROI perspective on NA PVE atleast.... Sailed through tons of basically empty tiles on a consistent basis...

That being said though fluctuations are going to be standard if they don't change the model...

and 

the process with which they handled the necessary adjustments was, shit, i dunno negligent or short sighted i guess id call it. Unprofessional maybe?

In my original rage rant i said something regarding "a need to talk to marketing", meaning, from a business perspective, when ya get a customer in yer door ya should focus on keeping them there and upselling them.. Keep them happy, chatty and coming back...

Right now its more "Thanks for the money. Here ya go. What? Take this then ...Cant talk more gotta go bye."

I have a way of modeling it correctly for them..

Not getting into specifics unless a fat check clears though..

Thanks again . TC GL.

• Like 1

On 6/19/2020 at 5:42 PM, SusanT said:

Because I bought the the game for pve NA, NA, NA NOT EU. Too many trolls and overcrowding on EU servers not to mention the ping.

PVP should go play on the EU let's see how quickly you change your tune...just saying.

I was pleasantly surprised the EU-PVE server performance and ping seems to be just as good as the NA-PVE server.  However, it's super crowded, and I don't know what these people do other than play ATLAS 24/7 with no sleep or bathroom breaks, but when I logged on within 24 hours of the launch of the new map, it looked like players had been there for weeks or even months.  Large shipyards blocking shorelines (who needs 5 large shipyards, I ask?), foundation spamming and many galleons sailing about.  I finally find a clear spot and then scared the neighbor into erecting a huge gated wall, which I'm not sure what the hell that was about.  Within 24 hours of the map launch...

Edited by Bugboy
typo
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Bugboy said:

I was pleasantly surprised the EU-PVE server performance and ping seems to be just as good as the NA-PVE server.  However, it's super crowded, and I don't know what these people do other than play ATLAS 24/7 with no sleep or bathroom breaks, but when I logged on within 24 hours of the launch of the new map, it looked like players had been there for weeks or even months.  Large shipyards blocking shorelines (who needs 5 large shipyards, I ask?), foundation spamming and many galleons sailing about.  I finally find a clear spot and then scared the neighbor into erecting a huge gated wall, which I'm not sure what the hell that was about.  Within 24 hours of the map launch...

The ping was not the main point, what you have pointed out the overcrowding and the hacking that WILL go on is what I was and am ticked about, it sucks, no two ways about it, you either bend over and play the pve eu servers or,not at all, I know already I will be remembering this screw up.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SusanT said:

The ping was not the main point, what you have pointed out the overcrowding and the hacking that WILL go on is what I was and am ticked about, it sucks, no two ways about it, you either bend over and play the pve eu servers or,not at all, I know already I will be remembering this screw up.

BTW, the difference in the number of players on different servers is almost out of this world: https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Servers

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SusanT said:

Last night, I saw someone on a bright yellow bear.  How the hell does that happen?  I keep pinching myself thinking maybe the new map didn't launch less than a week ago.  Did I miss a week/month/year someplace?  Hey, the new map launched last Friday night, right?  I wasn't in a coma for the last few months was I?

Edited by Bugboy
typo

3 hours ago, Bugboy said:

Last night, I saw someone on a bright yellow bear.  How the hell does that happen?  I keep pinching myself thinking maybe the new map didn't launch less than a week ago.  Did I miss a week/month/year someplace?  Hey, the new map launched last Friday night, right?  I wasn't in a coma for the last few months was I?

LOLOLOL I needed that laugh thanks, I am not sure when it launched I don't play the game anymore at least until I hear differently on them putting my pve on an NA server like it was originally, you can find it somewhere I am sure maybe on the home page here try that.

2 hours ago, eeeceee said:

Wargaming.net?

@Bugboy its paint, so yes you have been in a coma

Thanks, I didn't know that was a thing in Atlas.  I'm gonna have to paint an elephant pink, so I can say I *HAVE* seen a pink elephant!  Or is it white elephant?  I can't keep up anymore...

3 hours ago, eeeceee said:

Wargaming.net?

@Bugboy its paint, so yes you have been in a coma

Wargaming.net? >Is an example only of the same sort of server, global.

An example of number of players on different servers, which is the same sort of server, a global server.

Hmm.

Ok. Makes total sense to me.

smh