SusanT

Dev's where do us pve players stand?

I meant people that criticize pve players actually, as i play mainly pve, and secondly its a forum, And I have been in the game since start and have watched everyone who no longer plays boycott any good idea for the game. So yeh I'll type what I want to thx, and I don't need permission to do so. thx

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, SusanT said:

"the boat characteristics and its content get saved as data that is not rendered until you come back to the game."

"Until you come back to the game"<< is precisely what you are not understanding, so, you think that a game company should make allowances just for deadbeat players=meaning the ones who hardly play for any and all reasons- and use the games data to save their stuff?  That is what I mean by people abusing it also, if it weren't for decay wipes would be the way to go and I am positive that most would rather have decay timers than wipes. 

is this your first time playing a online MMO or have you been living in a cave for the last 2 decades??

TIBIA: 20+ years old MMO (saves all your account data PERMANENTLY)

TERA: 9 years old MMO (saves all your account data PERMANENTLY)

DIVISION 1 AND 2: 4 years old looter shooter (saves all your account data PERMANENTLY)

BDO: 5 years old MMO (saves all your account data PERMANENTLY)

DAUNTLESS: still on early acces, Action RPG (saves all your account data PERMANENTLY)

MONSTER HUNTER WORLD: Action RPG ported from Playstation to PC 2 years ago (saves all your account data PERMANENTLY)

LEAGUE OF LEGENDS: 11 Years old MOBA game (saves all your account data PERMANENTLY)

DOTA/DOTA2: 11 Years old MOBA game (saves all your account data PERMANENTLY)

Do i need to continue?? ....because i can...

Also did you just called the action of stopping playing and coming back an "abuse" what the hell is wrong with you !!!??

Edited by The D Legacy

1 hour ago, The D Legacy said:

but is it some sort of battle royal thing?? or does it have any MMO elements?

There are three different modes.  The players on the server can vote between each game for one of them.  The most popular one is TDM, which is 3 v 3 ships.  Each side has one large and two smaller class ships.  The second most popular mode is booty.  Where there is a treasure chest that spawns on an island and the objective is to pick it up and get it back to your base.  The third mode is super rare for people to vote for.  It's called siege and each side has a fortified island and a couple of ships.  As far as I can work out its just siege warfare and whoever scores the most tickets after a certain amount of time wins.

There are not really any MMO elements.  Your character does level over time but this is just to unlock outfits and hats.  

• Like 1

I think you should be able to have the pve world exist in the same server world map as the pvp world. There must be a better way of doing this. Please look at other games like eve-online or Last oasis for some ideas.

You don't need to have all these offline raiding and grieving problems in this game.

Edited by Shepard_Fury

were up the creek with out a paddle so if its all on one map then the mega company's will take over the maps with foundation spam and small groups will not be able to build anything to try and get a foot hold any were. then when you have to go explore to get more levels you will just get sunk when you leave the safe server by people who just want to ruin your day no matter what level you are or what you have on the boat. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, SusanT said:

you'd think pve critics could read " pve> players can read and you writing it over and over and over again isn't going to make any of us agree with what you have to say, of course pvp players have a different style of playing than pve players I would think that common sense hence, don't know why you figure we can't read and understand ... " i'ts not just about attacking other players you say " when in fact that is exactly what pvp is about and destroying ships/bases/animals etc......I saw a guy playing a western pvp game, he moaned and groaned because he was constantly attacked, he threatened to turn the next person in for not allowing him time to prepare for a fight....is this what you are suggesting? I don't think pvp is like that but then again, I am no pro at that sort of game.

@Whitehawk  a friend pointed out that I totally misunderstood what your point was and, I agree and, I apologize profusely, you make a GREAT point!

20 hours ago, Whitehawk said:

I meant people that criticize pve players actually, as i play mainly pve, and secondly its a forum, And I have been in the game since start and have watched everyone who no longer plays boycott any good idea for the game. So yeh I'll type what I want to thx, and I don't need permission to do so. thx

Understood and I apologize deeply.

34 minutes ago, sjskdjkfa said:

Oh lawd what did I just get myself into? (ark pve player who got atlas yesterday)

You're fine lol. There will still be a PvE server. No forced PvP 🙂

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

is this your first time playing a online MMO or have you been living in a cave for the last 2 decades??

TIBIA: 20+ years old MMO (saves all your account data PERMANENTLY)

TERA: 9 years old MMO (saves all your account data PERMANENTLY)

DIVISION 1 AND 2: 4 years old looter shooter (saves all your account data PERMANENTLY)

BDO: 5 years old MMO (saves all your account data PERMANENTLY)

DAUNTLESS: still on early acces, Action RPG (saves all your account data PERMANENTLY)

MONSTER HUNTER WORLD: Action RPG ported from Playstation to PC 2 years ago (saves all your account data PERMANENTLY)

LEAGUE OF LEGENDS: 11 Years old MOBA game (saves all your account data PERMANENTLY)

DOTA/DOTA2: 11 Years old MOBA game (saves all your account data PERMANENTLY)

Do i need to continue?? ....because i can...

Also did you just called the action of stopping playing and coming back an "abuse" what the hell is wrong with you !!!??

"Also did you just called the action of stopping playing and coming back an "abuse" what the hell is wrong with you !!!??" >No, you have gone off on a tangent with this one which totally lost the simple point I was trying to make which is, if you build bases and don't want to play any longer then timers IMO should be put into play which would allow them to decay in a timely manner and allow other players to have that particular spot NOT stay there for the duration of the game or, until they decide to wipe that particular map/server.

12 minutes ago, Bluestone said:

Ooooo that sounds great, I have one friend that has been in a permanent funk since the last wipe, we pve players are still hoping you guys keep it on an NA server please. 

2 hours ago, SusanT said:

"Also did you just called the action of stopping playing and coming back an "abuse" what the hell is wrong with you !!!??" >No, you have gone off on a tangent with this one which totally lost the simple point I was trying to make which is, if you build bases and don't want to play any longer then timers IMO should be put into play which would allow them to decay in a timely manner and allow other players to have that particular spot NOT stay there for the duration of the game or, until they decide to wipe that particular map/server.

1) How. do. i. have. to. say it.!!?? YOU DONT GET TO KEEP YOUR SPOT at this point i dont know if you are actually reading what i write or you just pretend that i never said it so you can just keep repeating the same thing over and over, hopefully this font size will prevent both of those possibilities.

2) I dont need any tangents, you clearly stated that leaving the game and coming back is an abuse, wich doesnt make ANY sense AT ALL no matter how you look at it.

Edited by The D Legacy

3 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

1) How. do. i. have. to. say it.!!?? YOU DONT GET TO KEEP YOUR SPOT at this point i dont know if you are actually reading what i write or you just pretend that i never said it so you can just keep repeating the same thing over and over, hopefully this font size will prevent both of those possibilities.

2) I dont need any tangents, you clearly stated that leaving the game and coming back is an abuse, wich doesnt make ANY sense AT ALL no matter how you look at it.

I do not talk to jerks and I would have went on to explain just exactly what I was referring to about abusing the vacation mode I was not aware you did not get to keep your spot, it seems nobody knows as much about anything as you do, clearly, now I will not I respond to your absolute rudeness. As a matter of fact do not speak to me at all and make both of us happy!

Edited by SusanT

6 hours ago, Bluestone said:

So I was late looking on the actual page of the game, so there is to be one single global server for pve temporarily?....Why temporarily no sense in building or taming anything until it is settled, this is just sad in the game world.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, SusanT said:

I do not talk to jerks and I would have went on to explain just exactly what I was referring to about abusing the vacation mode I was not aware you did not get to keep your spot, it seems nobody knows as much about anything as you do, clearly, now I will not I respond to your absolute rudeness. As a matter of fact do not speak to me at all and make both of us happy!

so now i am a jerk because you dont pay attention to the person you are having a conversation with? ..... mkay

i know more about what? i simply stated my opinion but apparently thats rude...mkay

you have not explained what you meant and you will not explain what you meant because you have no argument to defend what you said, so if you are gonna pretend to be offended as a cover i am sorry but you gonna need a something a bit more innovative than that.

35 minutes ago, The D Legacy said:

so now i am a jerk because you dont pay attention to the person you are having a conversation with? ..... mkay

i know more about what? i simply stated my opinion but apparently thats rude...mkay

you have not explained what you meant and you will not explain what you meant because you have no argument to defend what you said, so if you are gonna pretend to be offended as a cover i am sorry but you gonna need a something a bit more innovative than that.

OMG I can't believe you are having a go at me for not understanding what you meant, not everyone is in your mind and, on your thinking platform that you have for yourself so high in the sky. When I said that it could be abused to use the vacation mode I thought the base would not go away, I did not understand that a person would end up losing their place totally, I get that you satisfied? Now, leave me alone I do not like how you are totally rude  you can deny you are rude but if it walks like a duck and quacks it is a duck. Now kindly leave off from talking to me as I no longer have anything to say to you, period.

Edited by SusanT

Mmmmmmmm I love roast duck!, But seriously guys, gals and others, I get that we are all passionate about Atlas, but I think we should leave the pvp for the new map tomorrow eh? (well almost serious anyway).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SusanT said:

OMG I can't believe you are having a go at me for not understanding what you meant, not everyone is in your mind and, on your thinking platform that you have for yourself so high in the sky. When I said that it could be abused to use the vacation mode I thought the base would not go away, I did not understand that a person would end up losing their place totally, I get that you satisfied? Now, leave me alone I do not like how you are totally rude  you can deny you are rude but if it walks like a duck and quacks it is a duck. Now kindly leave off from talking to me as I no longer have anything to say to you, period.

what you should have said: oh, i didnt understand before, srry

what you said: you are a jerk, rude and a know it all.

you pretend to insult me and let you walk away just as if nothing? how about next time you are not so fast with the insulting?

21 minutes ago, Whitehawk said:

Mmmmmmmm I love roast duck!, But seriously guys, gals and others, I get that we are all passionate about Atlas, but I think we should leave the pvp for the new map tomorrow eh? (well almost serious anyway).

That could be funny lol but, pve will be temp sadly according to their news but, not eliminated totally....

When you first sold this game, you offered PVP and  PVE play. You bragged how big the map would be. Where is your commitment to those now?

PVP and PVE players both deserve to be served in whatever you do. Both sides have legitimate reasons in defense of their gameplay. If that means two separate games, or a combined game with some sort of division, so be it. If it’s a money thing and you can not afford all the servers to support both, then say so. Is your silence because you don’t know what your gonna do and your waiting for some epiphany?

So what your saying is all the toil and trouble we’ve endured since day one was for nothing because now your undoing everything and starting over with a completely different game? Remember day one and all the server problems. Remember, no trees on the islands to build boats. Remember the stone/organic paste and claiming controversies. We’ve come all this way and now you want to throw it all down the toilet.

I like playing PVE and I’ve played some PVP and didn’t enjoy it. As many have stated you can lose a lot of work, really fast. I can appreciate the PVP mindset though. My memories of playing PVP involve trying to stop infiltrators from our island and spending hours repairing pyramid ceiling panels while underway in battle. Yes, with over 2800 hours I’ve rebuilt a lot, started out again more times than I can count, but I always come back to play because I enjoy the game. As a retired disabled veteran, I have plenty of time on my hand and I choose to play your game. As a PVE player, I guess that means very little to you. I gave up ARK for this game with over 6600 hours of game play. Don’t make that a bad decision.

Your proposed new map is bad for both PVP and PVE players unless there is a way to save the individual game play styles. Some have supported factions, maybe. Maybe give the current PVE players a special flag or notification that will exempt them from PVP action. IDK. (I remember the HATS) There are a lot of good suggestions out there and I hope your listening to them for everyone’s sake.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yeh they are being too non committal about future plans for pve, I don't read so much as what they do say, more about what they are not saying. But I still think they will give it a month to see what happens with the player base before they change pve.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Whitehawk said:

Yeh they are being too non committal about future plans for pve, I don't read so much as what they do say, more about what they are not saying. But I still think they will give it a month to see what happens with the player base before they change pve.

Myself and friends are watching but we aren't coming back to the game until there is commitment to the pve side of this coin, no sense if it is only temporary.

4 hours ago, Whitehawk said:

Wait there is going to be pvp tomorrow? But what about al the poor bases? They like getting raped too right? No, I am pretty sure even bases don’t like that

Ok, gotta tell you guys that you are all looking at this the wrong way. Pvp is I git now are against pve people and vice versa. This is not how things should be. 

it should most definitely be about the devs versus the players at this point. The two might not see eye to eye but what all of us gamers should realize is that whichever side the devs piss off they will leave which will in turn make the devs care even less.

so it doesn’t really matter where they focus attention or where they make changes. It is up to us the community as a whole(both pve and pvp) to let them k ow they aren’t doing a good job. Even if the pve people might be happy or the pvp people might be happy that shouldn’t matter and the selfishness needs to stop on both fronts. 

if either side left there would be about 1k players playing and to be ho eat even you you guys would be fine to admit it, I would never actually admit to playing a game only 1k people are playing because that is just pathetic(regardless of passion). All that shows is that you are willing to put up with whatever is given to you and lack self respect, so yeah it’s time to come together and actually have these devs do their jobs.

12 hours ago, SusanT said:

So I was late looking on the actual page of the game, so there is to be one single global server for pve temporarily?....Why temporarily no sense in building or taming anything until it is settled, this is just sad in the game world.

The wording they used is 'for the time being' which I read as an indefinite period. I think they are leaving the option open but for now moving forward there is the one global PvE server (well... from July 3rd 8pm PDT, not right now). I would not hold off playing personally if the reason was to wait for a seperate NA or EU PvE server.

Think there has been quite a misunderstanding of large companies in pvp.

"mega tribe" Alliances formed of large companies and Companies split due to max player limit will not fight each other as they are allied.

When in a large alliance all other alliances were shoot on sight. Fought regularly over Fob Islands and Powerstone grids or just for the hell of it.

large companies are just a step up from a mob,with a little compromise each person trying to achieve his or her own goal while working together to experience the game to it fullest.

most of the offline grieving i ever received was as a solo player by small grieving companies or free port/lawless bobs not by large alliances. Even this last Monday playing solo Qm was very friendly when hunting Sod ships in the same powerstone grid as them turn around to be attacked by a lawless bob "3 of my 4 large cannons manned put a quick end to that" . and when i had bad interactions as a solo player with large alliances "schooner being sunk at a powerstone island" was offered a replacement schooner at max craft after speaking with them. subjective

As a NA PVP player i fully understand the risk and really enjoy both roles as a Solo player or Megatribe member.

is anything in Pve worth working for? you could build a blueprinted base with more hp but its not like anyone is going to break them down, you could blueprint a ship but why would it matter not like you are going to sink someone or get shot at, you could breed animals but since you cant be attacked why would it matter how much health or dmg it did. now that you have cut out the need for any blueprint hunting sod is a waist of time. so what do you do when you have completed the very few quest that are available?

• Like 1