SusanT

Dev's where do us pve players stand?

If they bring in some sort of trading then it could be good for both PvE and PvP. I know in other games if you don't like PvP you can do what you want as PvE player and just trade with PvP they are the ones who have the money and can buy goods from you.

The only issue for me is if it's partly safe zones for PvE at some point you will have to sail through PvP territory and if you don't have a fighting ship you are gone straight away without a chance. Maybe we could use the gold we get to spend on PvP companies to buy protection or something along those lines.

I don't know how it's going to play out, will have to wait and see I guess but there are many ideas they could implement that people have said already. 

• Like 1

On 6/20/2020 at 2:33 PM, The D Legacy said:

i have always wondered why this game didnt have factions, that would solve sooooo many problems in one go that is amazing they never came up with that idea

They DO have factions...they are on PVP not PVE which is the way it should be.

7 hours ago, SusanT said:

They DO have factions...they are on PVP not PVE which is the way it should be.

do you mind telling me the PvP factions? is the first time i ever hear about it

I guess you don't know the politics of NA Kraken its the North Americans vs Chinese 

33 minutes ago, ZetaZhan said:

I guess you don't know the politics of NA Kraken its the North Americans vs Chinese 

Not factions. Those are Megas. Factions would be a completely different game.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ZetaZhan said:

that is not factions as defined in any standar game thats rivalry, when i say factions i am talking about sides created by the game in wich you play a fictional role, something along the lines of pirates vs marines or even the WOW Horde and Alliance factions

12 minutes ago, The D Legacy said:

that is not factions as defined in any standar game thats rivalry, when i say factions i am talking about sides created by the game in wich you play a fictional role, something along the lines of pirates vs marines or even the WOW Horde and Alliance factions

Well i would say that would limit the game. Have you played WOW  lately? Entire servers go dead because of imbalance of factions.  I would be against that concept- the Company/alliance system creates multiple factions as it is.   You can play politics in this game fluidly , whereas factions would force people to choose a side and people will overwhelmingly join the bigger faction that is winning.

1 hour ago, ZetaZhan said:

Well i would say that would limit the game. Have you played WOW  lately? Entire servers go dead because of imbalance of factions.  I would be against that concept- the Company/alliance system creates multiple factions as it is.   You can play politics in this game fluidly , whereas factions would force people to choose a side and people will overwhelmingly join the bigger faction that is winning.

Either way. I would much rather prefer the failure to be faction driven instead of the usual Megas situation. 

I am sure you will think what I said is Megas=leaving to the other side. It wouldn’t matter though because with what I said as far as the Capitol city it would be a non issue. Pvp needs to be on the see and every building on land needs to be free.

Pretty simple. The game is standing on the cliff to destruction. You PvE NA guys are one step further 😉

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I know it would be a radical move but a forced faction would be good, only because if you had say, navy vs pyrates vs east india type traders , a lot of people would prob opt for pyrate. But if you made each faction have their own unique buff then maybe forced joining  wouldn't even be needed.

Edited by Whitehawk

On 6/23/2020 at 1:58 AM, ZetaZhan said:

about WOW: then the problem is imbalance not the feature itself

about factions vs Companies: The "Megas" system already suffers from the situation you describe, people is forced to join megas unless they want to be wiped out, and megas instead of fighting eachother they are diplomatic, dont bother eachother and instead hunt solos down for fun.

they are implementing changes in the world map to encite more conflict but i doubt that will be enough, they would need to implement something that will limit a companies growth or strengh or even penalize them unless they fight and win over other companies, the factions approach would solve that since the conflict would come in a much more natural way, pirates could assault trade routes for their goods, that could earn them bounties wich will work partially as punishment since people would try to hunt them down but at the same time it would be as a recognition for their "pirate achivements", then some sort of "marines" faction could have the ability to hunt pirates to increase the safety of the trading routes and at the same time earn bouties while having  a ranked system based on the number of pirates defeated/captured, then a civilian faction unable to comand war ships but with the ability to craft and use trade ships with increased weight and storage capacity, they would pay taxes to the marines (or even craft warships to sell them to the marines) in exchange for the marines to defend their sea shores and islands.

a system in wich everybody would play a role: griefers could be pirates, tamers/farmers/builders/etc civilians and the rest marines.

but ofc is a player like me who has to come up with that because this devs have the creatvity of a snail.

Edited by The D Legacy

If you did have pyrates, and navy and traders in pvp, All with their own flags etc, it would at least be a real pyrate role play. And I know you would have at least some pve players creating a pvp character just for the role play aspect .

I've always played PvE but you change it to factions so at least others on your side can help then I would engage in PvP.

I play solo most of the time, I have no desire to sail past 3 or 4 ships who bombard me with canon balls.

If areas are faction controlled it would be much better to move around. Maybe they could add faction members to the map if possible so you can see where the fights are or preparing for them.

I hope and pray they take our suggestions on board and change it because I loved playing and want to play again but not like it is.  

It's always possible to have an official UNOFFICIAL PVE server.  Similar happened with Elite Dangerous, where a private group created a PvE (unofficial) player driven mode that grew so big it surpassed server capability.  It shows there's a need for it..

However ED is one thing...  Atlas is another.  I dare say eventually, there will be official unofficials for each region.

PvE also has the advantage of private servers anyway..   it's lovely to pass ships in the night of fellow players, local servers / single player always feel so lonely.

Unfortunately for us, the PvE fun stopped when job changed and I wasn't able to fulfill the upkeep and daily routines keeping bases alive 😞

On 6/22/2020 at 4:32 PM, The D Legacy said:

do you mind telling me the PvP factions? is the first time i ever hear about it

If you are asking me of  specifics? I have no idea as I do not play PVP I play PVE that being said, a faction on Atlas would make it so that you had to pick a side and you can't talk or trade with anyone on the other side.

It would be ok for pvp I guess but would be dumb for pve and has no place in a pve game.

For factions to make sense they'd have to  create a lore reason to split everyone into two separate groups which makes no sense at all on a game based on being a pirate lolol.

Maybe if they made it optional like you join one of two militias but, that you didn't have to.

Edited by SusanT

On 6/22/2020 at 12:09 PM, DannyUK said:

The only issue for me is if it's partly safe zones for PvE at some point you will have to sail through PvP territory and if you don't have a fighting ship you are gone straight away without a chance. Maybe we could use the gold we get to spend on PvP companies to buy protection or something along those lines.

Losing your boat while its anchored is probably very likely, but at sea? when you are not looking for combat? Sea battles are nowhere near as decisive as you think. Cargo vessels are always gonna be faster then pvp boats because they don't need cannons or crew for cannons and they can dump all their points in weight. As long as you don't build random shit on the boat and you are willing to throw something overboard if you are attacked you are more likely to lose your boat to a bug or a whale...

49 minutes ago, Pant said:

Losing your boat while its anchored is probably very likely, but at sea? when you are not looking for combat? Sea battles are nowhere near as decisive as you think. Cargo vessels are always gonna be faster then pvp boats because they don't need cannons or crew for cannons and they can dump all their points in weight. As long as you don't build random shit on the boat and you are willing to throw something overboard if you are attacked you are more likely to lose your boat to a bug or a whale...

That might be possible if you watch the weight limit and only have it under half but if you are on a resource run and weighed down you will have no chance. If they were really determined to get you they could just follow you and wait until you pull to an island, you are not safe until the anchor turns green, unless it's changed of course.

I had Galleons with no cannons at all, it was made into a tame Galleon so I could fit the animals on and get resources anywhere. If that sailed through PvP territory I'd kiss goodbye to all the tames and ship. This would put me off actually making another tame Galleon if PvE is going down the PvP route.

It all depends on where the resources are, will they be put near to PvP? How much resources will be within PvE? Because if I have to travel to PvP to get a certain resource then I won't even bother playing anymore unless they are going to change to factions which I very much doubt.

Edited by DannyUK

5 hours ago, SusanT said:

If you are asking me of  specifics? I have no idea as I do not play PVP I play PVPE that being said, a faction on Atlas would make it so that you had to pick a side and you can't talk or trade with anyone on the other side.

It would ok for pvp I guess but would be dumb for pve and has no place in a pve game.

For factions to make sense they'd have to  create a lore reason to split everyone into two separate groups which makes no sense at all on a game based on being a pirate lolol.

Maybe if they made it optional like you join one of two militias but, that you didn't have to.

i was just wondering if we were talking about the same thing, probably whoever you heard talk about that was referring to rivalry with the chinese, i was referring to something different 🙂

6 hours ago, SusanT said:

If you are asking me of  specifics? I have no idea as I do not play PVP I play PVPE that being said, a faction on Atlas would make it so that you had to pick a side and you can't talk or trade with anyone on the other side.

It would ok for pvp I guess but would be dumb for pve and has no place in a pve game.

There is a way to get around trading with other factions. One idea is you could have NPC at free port and you click trade option.

It then brings up screen with all available items that people have put up for sale. You could even have search and sorting options, all factions or just certain ones.

As it stands yes trading is a problem but I don't know how this trading route is going to work yet. Its whether they are bothered to listen to the community and at the moment they don't.

There should be a trading tavern on every island with a port, All games should have a server run trade for players system imo. The way they did shops is just ludicrous. Taverns could all be linked too.

• Like 1

Grand Exchange (Runescape) styled databases. Placed on every freeport. 

Edited by Louiziana

On 6/19/2020 at 6:12 PM, Whitehawk said:

The trouble with mixed pvpve is the fact that pvp will always gain more than pve, they have already said that the best resources will be in the pvp zone, and that pvp players will get greater rewards/ benefits than pve players who want to remain safe. Even though they have hinted that the pve player won't be totally safe either.

You have 100% access to all of the same resources as everyone else, please don't be unintelligent sounding in your posts. 

It is a Risk Reward system. On paper there isn't anything unfair what so ever. You are not stopped from doing PvP,  but are not forced to do any either (in your scenario that is). Even how it is now, on PVP server, people live on free ports and do only PVE just fine.

Please feel for the PvP people. Doing PvE on a PvP server is FORCED upon them. Even to make a weapon or boat, lots on PVE must be done first. Where you have, since day 1, not had to even raise your voice to your loving neighbors im sure.

Who is really the victim here!?

On 6/20/2020 at 2:33 PM, The D Legacy said:

i have always wondered why this game didnt have factions, that would solve sooooo many problems in one go that is amazing they never came up with that idea

Because, it almost immediately becomes a theme park game and not an open world sandbox game. You are unable to attack X% of the people you meet, thus making you not a real pirate. Think of all the faction games you've played. They are almost all, if not all, theme park mmos. Its probably something that could be incorporated in a PVE server, but then the PVE people would still be upset if there is ANY PVP.

Seriously if you don't want any pve in a game just pvp, then why don't you play chess? Also about being unintelligent sounding, when you quote "making you not a real pyrate," Firstly  according to a lot of pvp'ers I converse with, they do not consider it role playing as a pyrate in pvp and neither do they want to role play, cos apparently that's a pve thing. And lastly, this is not even a bonafide realistic pyrate game anyhow, at least factions would make it more realistic. Especially as pyrates rarely attacked other pyrates in the real world.

52 minutes ago, Chucksteak said:

Because, it almost immediately becomes a theme park game and not an open world sandbox game. You are unable to attack X% of the people you meet, thus making you not a real pirate. Think of all the faction games you've played. They are almost all, if not all, theme park mmos. Its probably something that could be incorporated in a PVE server, but then the PVE people would still be upset if there is ANY PVP.

I dont think the game's genre is set in stone (it should tho, but considering the game's current situation...)  as i see it factions would play an orgnizative rol in a very disorganized array of players, mostly fault of a poor game design, as of now, megas dont attack other megas (unless a wipe is comming) because they have no reason to, pirates are not pirates but griefers that have fun spaming fundations everywhere because they have nothing more fun to do, factions would kinda give everyone a "natural enemy" to attack/hunt, wich could compensate to some degree the lack of conflict incitement of the game.