SusanT

Dev's where do us pve players stand?

I would like a straight up answer, this beating around the bush is maddening.

When I bought this game it clearly gave the options of pve OR pvp and now you want to make it pvp? Where is that right?

You close the only pve server that isn't EU, leaving EU as pve only options, if this had been the option to start with then I would have asked for a refund within the two hours that steam offers it.

EU servers as EVERYONE knows is overcrowded, why do you think they come to NA servers?

I feel that I am being cheated, the new team have come in, wiped all of the hours I have put into my place then tells me that it is EU or pvp.........No, I will no longer be suggesting to buy this game, it was a good game while it ran but I am still feeling cheated out of the money I paid for it, a hidden lie is what it is and that is what I will be telling people and trust me, I am not alone in this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Personally I'd prefer PvP and PvE be on the same map but separated. This is where I would like factions to come into play also so if you are not a fighting person for PvP anyone like yourself can come to your aid and help you.

As for the building part I wish they would make it more interesting and when you build ships you don't just make planks but you have to make the nails also and other items. If anyone played Life Is Fudal people will know what I'm talking about, having to acquire various items to make something. In Life Is Fudal you, to make a warehouse you would have to chop down a tree into a log, cut these logs into planks or into billets.. If you wanted Wooden boards you saw them out, makes it more interesting and fun to give you more of a sense of achievement in making something, in my opinion anyway.

I want to know what they have to say first on what changes are coming, which will be taken with a huge pinch of salt as I know what they are like. They say they will bring monthly updates, no you won't, i've heard that before and learned my lesson. I'm still waiting for these "monthly streams" we were supposed to be seeing. I will believe something when it actually happens.

If there is big changes and new content I will come back but not if it's the same things as before, moving a few islands around and changing the regions will not bring me back at this time.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, DannyUK said:

Personally I'd prefer PvP and PvE be on the same map but separated. This is where I would like factions to come into play also so if you are not a fighting person for PvP anyone like yourself can come to your aid and help you.

As for the building part I wish they would make it more interesting and when you build ships you don't just make planks but you have to make the nails also and other items. If anyone played Life Is Fudal people will know what I'm talking about, having to acquire various items to make something. In Life Is Fudal you, to make a warehouse you would have to chop down a tree into a log, cut these logs into planks or into billets.. If you wanted Wooden boards you saw them out, makes it more interesting and fun to give you more of a sense of achievement in making something, in my opinion anyway.

I want to know what they have to say first on what changes are coming, which will be taken with a huge pinch of salt as I know what they are like. They say they will bring monthly updates, no you won't, i've heard that before and learned my lesson. I'm still waiting for these "monthly streams" we were supposed to be seeing. I will believe something when it actually happens.

If there is big changes and new content I will come back but not if it's the same things as before, moving a few islands around and changing the regions will not bring me back at this time.

I wouldn't mind pve and pvp to be on the same map as long as it was separate and of course, a lot bigger than what they are proposing.

I agree on the building aspects, I think more detailed crafting could really up the likes on this game I don't even think solo players would dislike that.

I do not favor having to go to an EU server, had I known this option from the first I would not have bought it, period as I know what they are like and it has not changed and will only be worse for so many reasons moving pve there, that has already been stated that they are doing that, I don't think pve will get anything out of this except stepped on an assumption yes but, I would bet a good one, I so loved this game hopefully another dev will come out with one close to what they did have, I firmly believe in don't fix something that isn't broken just make it nicer.

• Like 1

The bottom line is regardless of if they actually make pure pve zones they won’t be able to implement it correctly and it will be easily exploited by many different ways that would take months at the very least to fix those exploits. 

pretty much no matter what there won’t really be any pve because of the exploits. And in my opinion people will see it as more fun to exploit the pve zones that it is to just go do some pvp. I mean just the trolls alone will be constantly going after the pve people in any way they can.

who knows the pve people might reach out to the Megas and ask for their help. The Megas will probably agree to help but for a price so the pve people will pretty much be grinding for the Megas so the trolls don’t grieve them. And if that is actually that successful I imagine the Megas will have some of their own go undercover as trolls just to get them to pay for more protection.

• Like 1

That is not what I bought, the game stated what it is no longer and to me that is a total rip off no matter that it came later and, no matter it is in early access, if it walks like a duck it most likely is a duck or in this case, rip off.

• Like 4

They are good at lying, they did the same thing with Ark. When Ark was in beta they plainly stated that the servers would not be wiped, so they had all of us suckers out there testing their broken game and when they released the game they called all the old servers legacy servers and wiped 70% of them right off the bat and the rest soon followed. Wildcard was a good co pant once upon a time and as soon as they came out with their first DLC which was still while the game was in game preview they became greedy. Just like the rest of their projects this one will never be finished, they will close servers, sell dlc to a game that is t finished and milk it the same way they milked Ark. pathetic business practice.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Wildcard is a joke said:

They are good at lying, they did the same thing with Ark. When Ark was in beta they plainly stated that the servers would not be wiped, so they had all of us suckers out there testing their broken game and when they released the game they called all the old servers legacy servers and wiped 70% of them right off the bat and the rest soon followed. Wildcard was a good co pant once upon a time and as soon as they came out with their first DLC which was still while the game was in game preview they became greedy. Just like the rest of their projects this one will never be finished, they will close servers, sell dlc to a game that is t finished and milk it the same way they milked Ark. pathetic business practice.

Don’t forget the reason they had a paid dlc during ark EA period. Jeremy Stieglitz was trying to poach from his old company and he got sued so it was up to us gamers to not only test the game but fund the game as well. We are all technically part owners of the game now lol

• Like 1

All games go the money route eventually, Conan exiles, Sims, eso, assassins creed, wow, and the list is endless. No mans sky hasn't really yet, but it's prob only a matter of time. And the worst thing is how shafted xbox players get compared to pc. Although microsoft are mainly to blame for the huge price hike on downloaded games.

Edited by Whitehawk
  • Like 1

I sure hope " No Mans Sky " devs will not do this, it really is a sneaky business to be doing to be honest I mean if you have a loyal following why would you go and muck it up? I just don't get it other than what Wildcard said the dlc's, sell outs...sadly I wonder if it will ruin most devs in the future due to this being noted as a pattern...

Edited by SusanT

you still have a pve server to build cute little homes. why is everyone freaking out play on your own server. 

13 minutes ago, Acemac said:

you still have a pve server to build cute little homes. why is everyone freaking out play on your own server. 

Because I bought the the game for pve NA, NA, NA NOT EU. Too many trolls and overcrowding on EU servers not to mention the ping.

PVP should go play on the EU let's see how quickly you change your tune...just saying.

• Like 4

Actually they haven't said they are keeping the eu pve server either, they just said na would go offline first. And seriously i'd rather build cute little ships and houses than big square blocks with no windows, and ships that look like wooden pyramid shaped hedgehogs covered in canons.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I have a solution. PvP can be great when it’s mixed with PVE evenly. You have PVE islands that can’t be raided while PVP islands can. Separate PVE and PvP ship design. One can attack and be damaged and the other is safe. It’s perfect. PVE could sell to PvP encouraging trade. PVE ships can be attacked if they are at PVP harbors. There. I solved it. Let’s play. Heck let’s just do factions. I would like to on be the peace loving bear hugging sponge bob type of pirate faction. The rest can play the scary rated M black sails pirate faction. They go around and are like “Argh! We name our animals after our privates and don’t use soap.” Whilst I am a more like, “Look dear, these flowers are really pretty on this hillside and oh look...a waterfall!” Yeah good times ahead, meanwhile I’ll paint the kitchen until you have my game ready.

• Like 2

The trouble with mixed pvpve is the fact that pvp will always gain more than pve, they have already said that the best resources will be in the pvp zone, and that pvp players will get greater rewards/ benefits than pve players who want to remain safe. Even though they have hinted that the pve player won't be totally safe either.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Whitehawk said:

Actually they haven't said they are keeping the eu pve server either, they just said na would go offline first. And seriously i'd rather build cute little ships and houses than big square blocks with no windows, and ships that look like wooden pyramid shaped hedgehogs covered in canons.

LOL I would too, I loved my base and this game is for all sorts of age and gender and people's personal situations like disabled that can't do the things their characters can do to Vets that like to chill on something like this game, hopefully you are wrong on there not being any pve and I certainly  hope they change their minds and put pve on an NA server, that would be the only reason I go back like a whooped child.

OMG you made me laugh! I really needed that too being bumbed about this and all thanks for that 🙂

Your suggestion though sounds feasible IF the map were larger, as it is there will already be crowding issues, I do wonder though, are there more pvp players than pve players? Is there that much anger and wanting to kill and destroy ones stuff? If so wow.

P.S this was to Gomez.

Edited by SusanT

12 minutes ago, Whitehawk said:

The trouble with mixed pvpve is the fact that pvp will always gain more than pve, they have already said that the best resources will be in the pvp zone, and that pvp players will get greater rewards/ benefits than pve players who want to remain safe. Even though they have hinted that the pve player won't be totally safe either.

Then they should remove the PVE option off of their sales pitch if that is the way it is and myself and others of my friends will be highly wary of buying from either dev in the future due to this IF this is how it is going to be, just waiting for the ball to drop.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, DannyUK said:

Is the game not already grindy enough? I mean it’s hard to have a real life and keep up your Atlas base, while also going explore the fun things/end game Atlas has to offer too. It’s a game for Christ’s sake we should be able to play the game lol

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Whitehawk said:

Every single cluster will get wiped. Even na and Eu pvp. Everything is wiping once the new map is done.

14 hours ago, Gomez Addams said:

I have a solution. PvP can be great when it’s mixed with PVE evenly. You have PVE islands that can’t be raided while PVP islands can. Separate PVE and PvP ship design. One can attack and be damaged and the other is safe. It’s perfect. PVE could sell to PvP encouraging trade. PVE ships can be attacked if they are at PVP harbors. There. I solved it. Let’s play. Heck let’s just do factions. I would like to on be the peace loving bear hugging sponge bob type of pirate faction. The rest can play the scary rated M black sails pirate faction. They go around and are like “Argh! We name our animals after our privates and don’t use soap.” Whilst I am a more like, “Look dear, these flowers are really pretty on this hillside and oh look...a waterfall!” Yeah good times ahead, meanwhile I’ll paint the kitchen until you have my game ready.

Yes, definitely factions. That would be the best thing they could do for the game.

Factions would at least automatically balance the pvp, an opt in or out of pvp option would also be ok too.

20 hours ago, Gomez Addams said:

i have always wondered why this game didnt have factions, that would solve sooooo many problems in one go that is amazing they never came up with that idea

This was suggested by a lot of us on the forums for pvp a long time ago, but a lot of fanboys who are no longer around shouted against it. The problem for me though is the issue of pvp, if they give you the option to turn pvp on or off within the new structure then ok, but it looks like we are gonna just get pve partly safe zones, which we all know will be a main target for griefers on a daily basis.

1 hour ago, Whitehawk said:

but it looks like we are gonna just get pve partly safe zones, which we all know will be a main target for griefers on a daily basis.

If thats the case there will not be many PVEers left to grief, don't worry. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Whitehawk said:

This was suggested by a lot of us on the forums for pvp a long time ago, but a lot of fanboys who are no longer around shouted against it. The problem for me though is the issue of pvp, if they give you the option to turn pvp on or off within the new structure then ok, but it looks like we are gonna just get pve partly safe zones, which we all know will be a main target for griefers on a daily basis.

Agreed it will be griefing on a daily bases and who as a pve player wants to deal with that? None, if we wanted that sort of action we would simply go to pvp, pve players are more tame in what we seek in a game that is why there IS pve and not just PVP, with the new changes coming on and from what I have read as far as pve players I smell sellout.

• Like 1