Sign in to follow this  
FatalCrazy

50% Players in ATLAS is PVE

Hello guys, atlas is coming a lot new and new changes to the game. 

I believe 50 % players are PVE players, this mode is not bad to ATLAS. 

Developers need create news mechanics  combat in sea to PVE players.

Exemple: Quest in game, these missions when is accept, players will have your boats vulnerable to atacks in sea.

These are different challenges in the game, to PVE players.    

The development ATLAS focus is more focused on PvP,  who likes play in PVE, won't like play in PVP. 

Please, do not sacrifice this audience of players PVE. 

There are many ways to make this mode even better than the PVP mode.

Edited by FatalCrazy

On 6/19/2020 at 4:34 PM, FatalCrazy said:

Exemple: Quest in game, these missions when is accept, players will have your boats vulnerable to atacks in sea.

The development ATLAS focus is more focused on PvP,  who likes play in PVE, won't like play in PVP. 

the main problem with PvE in this game is not only the lack of content but the lack of engagement, why would i feel engaged to work on a legendary brigg for lets say 100 hrs if it can  be sunk and gone forever anytime for any reason, why would i feel engaged to go treasure hunting if there is nothing intresting to use the gold for? why would i feel engaged to play a game when the content i aim for is locked behind groupal activities?

• Like 1

Yeh but pvp is a bit like chess, you just need 2 sides that want to challenge each other and a board to play on. Pve play means having to add content dlc etc to keep the players from getting bored once they have bossed the game content. For pvp any rpg elements etc that you add are is just a bonus to the game. A pvp game is a lot easier for devs to upkeep, and easier = cheaper.

Edited by Whitehawk

1 hour ago, Whitehawk said:

Yeh but pvp is a bit like chess, you just need 2 sides that want to challenge each other and a board to play on. Pve play means having to add content dlc etc to keep the players from getting bored once they have bossed the game content. For pvp any rpg elements etc that you add are is just a bonus to the game. A pvp game is a lot easier for devs to upkeep, and easier = cheaper.

yes, everything you said is true, wich is why we see a tendency in videogame companies lately to go for competitive pvp games, i myself play some competitive pvp games but ATLAS is not one of them, most pvp competitive games has someything in common wich is that you barely lose anything when losing (aside from some ranking points) people wants to compete and destroy others but the moment they get destriyed they start crying over their loses (thats just the way humans are), as i see it ATLAS will never be able to become a popular pvp game simply because you risk too much for the sake of fun, who in their right mind would build a legendary brigg and then use it in batte only to end up losing all that extra effort? and all of that for the sake of fun alone? only people with lots of time and who dont mind taking loses, would do it. so we reach the same point i mentioned before: engagement, if you want people to engage in a combat while sustaining heavy loses (like in eve online) you need to put something on the table, something worth it, something ATLAS currently doesnt have, not in pvp nor in pve.

Yeh true, and if they have already stated that pvpers will reap better rewards, why even bother with pve zones? especially as it sounds like they can still be attacked. THey can dress it up anyway they like but it sounds like this game is going mostly pvp, and at best a pve server that gets no updates to content, but gets every nerf that pvp wants.

On 6/19/2020 at 7:34 AM, FatalCrazy said:

The main problem with this game is the fact that it requires zero skill and I mean absolute zero skill. Time spent is how you win at this game. Yeah f you can put in more hours then you will win plain and simple.

even the worst fisherman can catch fish if he using dynamite. If you didn’t get that I am talking about the people that have 20 hours a day and can get to the OP stuff way before anyone else and the other players are the fish lol.

In PvE you hit a point where you have done everything, you acquire all this gold but there is little to spend it on, they need to sort this out. Trading should have been in the game from the start, player shops is useless, I don't see the point in them but that's just my opinion.

Still think factions is the way to go, can you imagine factions where you all head to another faction and have big battles like the video showed us before release? There could be some sort of notification as you're sailing by that there is a battle going on and go to their aid and join in. I would like this as a PvE player because the faction is working together. If it was just PvP everyone is against you.

They keep telling us give us your ideas, we tell them but they never take them on board. It's all catered towards the big companies. I remember months ago Dollie and Jat used to join in group chats with the big companies passing info on but the smaller companies or solo players gets shut out, it's all wrong. I'm glad Jat and Dollie is leaving, I hope this new team read these forums and listens to the players who actually play their game, you know testing it for them like we are supposed to.

Almost 2 years into the  game and I would expect alot more content from them, if they put a huge amount of content in after the wipe I will come back and play but i've done most of the things, sailing is now a chore and I have no desire to sit there for hours just watching for the coloured ghost ships in the distance. The game needs a huge turnaround like they did with No Man Sky, I hope it happens someday but I very much doubt it.