Sign in to follow this  
captaincaveman1

Opinions on the new map design

now it is not a world map anymore, it sux... and i hate it and 90% of you all will aswell

8 hours ago, photek said:

now it is not a world map anymore, it sux... and i hate it and 90% of you all will aswell

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

the problem with the map is if it sails around the edges you can go from polar to desert which doesnt make sense, and if we cant cross the map edge then you can literally be cornered against a map wall by enemies with no way out except down. also hitting an unzonable wall breaks the immersion...

On 6/21/2020 at 9:34 PM, McDangles said:

I think I get what they're trying to do but it still doesn't make any sense to me.  This game is billed as an MMO.  However in most of my gameplay I have had little to no interaction with other players other than to trade with.  I think they need to focus more on in-game systems to group like-minded players to go off on adventures with.  You shouldn't have to go outside of it to a website or discord channel to get a group for something.  I think they are simply squishing the map to account for the dwindling player base.  Even with the dwindling player base on PvE there were still so many bases taking up beach real estate and hardly any other users logged on.  I think in my grid square I've never seen more than 10 people on at a time.  So I think that's why they are pushing PvP.  So people can just fight for the space on the islands.  That's cool and all but if you're a solo player it's probably going to suck.  Not sure how else they plan to control the beach overcrowding unless they planned on a lot of people not coming back after the wipe.  I've been around since shortly after this game was available on Steam.  Been wiped a few times.  I was accidentally playing on EU PvE and was happy after the last wipe to start off on US PvE.  Now I have to go back?  Sigh.  I will probably at least check it out but I don't have much interest in PvP unless they put something in that at least gives solo players a chance.

This game is not an MMO is a survival, the MMO tag was simple a bait for a bigger money grab.

On 6/22/2020 at 10:19 AM, Killer Keen said:

Given that I've played for over 1000 hours, I've already got way more than my moneys worth out of the game, so if I don't like the new changes and stop playing I'm not too bothered.

To me the fun of the PVE side of thigs was exploring & sailing. Well, they already dumbed down the sailing, the ruined the exploring by making the whole map visible, not just showing the places you'd been.

But the real issue with the PVE side was lack of things to do once you'd done the basics of finding somewhere to live, built a home and a few ships. If they had ever manage to get the wild pirate encampments in, that would have helped.

Presuming PVE is staying in some form, then a wipe means there is some fun to be had doing all the initial stuff again, but after that it comes back to lack of things to do.

removing the fog of war was totally a letdown, but allowing players to import someone else's map was a big mistake too

Its like a CHILD made the map!!! Totally not like its supposed to be......equator means simply...Center!  How can you design a game if you can't get that right? 

Why are you not posting the patch notes already for the upcoming update?  I have a feeling its because there IS none!  Other than what you have said already...no new content other than a new map(which you used the same islands I bet but put them in another format), and trade winds!  No new content......is this the case and you did a wipe....on that basis only?  Oh man a lot of people in this game are gonna be pissed too high heaven!  For your games sake...I sure hope your putting in actual new content....like adding the snake boss from blackwood....adding a few other end game bosses!  And for those that play on the pvp servers....I feel sorry for ya guys!  In order for you too do end content game, your gonna have too battle thru the top tier companies!  IMO this is no way too make a game......I fear this game has already seen it ends...and its not even officially released!

Also on a more important note....how the hell can you make a major change too the game (AGAIN), when you can't even fix the bugs you have???   i.e.  ladders on boats/crashes ingame/treasure map bottles disappearing when picked up/first aid kits that you are supposed to be able too repair in a mortal and pestle...yet you cannot.

enough of my ranting.....been playing since launch and this is like the 2nd time I've posted on this forums....tired of keeping my mouth shut.

Edited by warloki41

My suggestion....you want more people in the water.....simple.....reduce mating/breeding times in 1/2.  Give us new content that will put us there!

wow that was pretty easy!!!!   ROFL

• Confused 1