Sign in to follow this  
Mctoozle

New Map? For ATLAS to work they have to re-structure for server caps

I loved this game, but as you can see with any MMO style game based on the Unreal engine - you cannot have more than 80 players on a server. It just doesn't work.

There needs to be a proper way of managing server pop for an island/sea battle that gets too big. I have thought of several ways it can be done, but we all know how WC/Grapeshot has poorly managed this games issues...

I will definitely check out the new map, but if they don't address server cap and harpoons(which totally ruined this game) then I feel this game will remain a fragment of its potential.

Anyone who has had a huge "pre-harpoon" sea fight or island battle of around 30-60 players knows how awesome this game can be.

Another issue that kinda ruined the game was all the steam-parsing sites/apps that reported grid population. Half the game was just watching grid pop...

3 hours ago, Mctoozle said:

I loved this game, but as you can see with any MMO style game based on the Unreal engine - you cannot have more than 80 players on a server. It just doesn't work.

There needs to be a proper way of managing server pop for an island/sea battle that gets too big. I have thought of several ways it can be done, but we all know how WC/Grapeshot has poorly managed this games issues...

I will definitely check out the new map, but if they don't address server cap and harpoons(which totally ruined this game) then I feel this game will remain a fragment of its potential.

Anyone who has had a huge "pre-harpoon" sea fight or island battle of around 30-60 players knows how awesome this game can be.

Another issue that kinda ruined the game was all the steam-parsing sites/apps that reported grid population. Half the game was just watching grid pop...

Dude. Those are awesome ideas, but the old devs didn’t have anywhere near the capability to do what you are talking about. Like nowhere close to it. Having said that, let’s try to pull together and hope these new devs are nothing like the old ones. Fingers crossed guys 😉

Edited by Pooter

11 hours ago, Pooter said:

Dude. Those are awesome ideas, but the old devs didn’t have anywhere near the capability to do what you are talking about. Like nowhere close to it. Having said that, let’s try to pull together and hope these new devs are nothing like the old ones. Fingers crossed guys 😉

what new devs?? they are bringing in a new team of low-mid rank employees, but jatheist is still the one leading the team so i wouldnt be too excited if i was you.

38 minutes ago, The D Legacy said:

what new devs?? they are bringing in a new team of low-mid rank employees, but jatheist is still the one leading the team so i wouldnt be too excited if i was you.

Ah man, way to crash my dream man. Smh well back to the pit of despair I go. The game really needed people that are good at their jobs.

4 hours ago, Pooter said:

Ah man, way to crash my dream man. Smh well back to the pit of despair I go. The game really needed people that are good at their jobs.

my suggestion is to play some other games, if a miracle happens good, if not you will be having fun already 😉

Edited by The D Legacy

24 minutes ago, The D Legacy said:

my suggestion is to play some other games, if a miracle happens good, if not you will be having fun already 😉

Yes, most definitely. I will try this new idea out of course. 

guess I am a cat and I have a curiosity for the new atlas. Let’s see if the old phrase stands true. On a side note I am pretty excited for the new Conan map as well. Man, the building in Conan is epic.