ATLAS

Captain’s Log #39: Meet The Crew!

Good products make money by default generally... Its built into business methodology by default...

Why would it have to be an either/ or propositon then? Let me be more specific...

A product is sold to make money by satisfying a need.. Agreed? We agree thats business 101 correct? Sorry not being a smart ass but im very direct in this type of discussion and you assert the appearance of desperation...

Well..

If..

A product is sold to make money...then... what should should a VERY good product make? Very good money... Agreed?

If you agree then lets take it a step further... I assert that a totally fuggin awesome product will likely make totally awesome fuggin money. Generally speaking... of course there are exceptions, outliers and bad luck etc..

Not sure what the current and expected ROI is..

Also "good" is a relative term..meaning that if all parties are currently satisfied w the current product and ROI deeming it "good" or "acceptable" then, by definition, i have little to offer..

However if help is needed to make this product totally fuggin awesome then I'm available.

I assert that this product does not currently meet that definition but that it has the potential and i am capable of providing assistance.. I mean this product is still under development and in a "pre release" stage correct EE?

If that sounds desperate or illogical in ANY way then I'm sorry but we'll have to agree to disagree

Edited by Ranger1k

On 6/18/2020 at 6:00 PM, Gortok said:

Hi Folks. I was brought on recently to help build a new team working exclusively on Atlas! I know there's been a lull in development lately, and we've actually got several things that are in development that we are going to be rolling out over the next couple months. I want to address a few design topics about this map.

We wanted to get people moving around the world more. This map lays some of the groundwork for that, and aligns with some of the systems we're rolling out in the next couple months that we will have details on soon. What's shown here is the plant and weather biome layout, which dictates what type of plants an area contains. We've separated the mineral layer and the edges of those mineral biomes do not line up with the plant biomes. The areas in the middle of the map are densely populated with islands and are closest to the most diverse selections of plants and minerals. The outer areas of the map have less access to rich diversity of resources, and they also use the claim system. This is intentional. The outskirts are safer and less rewarding.

In the short term, we expect more conflict in the center of the map around the Golden Age Islands. We're also introducing new systems for Trading that we will dive into soon. This should provide opportunities for both cooperation and conflict. What's a pirate game without the opportunity to pillage trade routes? More on that in the weeks to come.

What's a pirate game without the opportunity to pillage trade routes?<<PVP NOT PVE, there is a difference that you are not seeing which I totally am mind boggled over, I keep asking,why can't they see the difference? Whyyyyyyy?

• Like 1

Depending on the way its rolled out PVE could have some type of trade-route-npc thing that entails battle and "conflict" against NPCs for a reward, like a revenue stream or something...  Im not advocating for or against it im just theorizing..

However, as another forum member stated, "how many times can you rearrange the furniture before you realize you need a new house"?

I advocate more for rebuilding the house, in a manner, thats much more dynamic, customizable and enduring than the current game model.

Just to be clear

1 its not any more complicated than whats currently being offered. Its simpler actually

2 Would be fun for pvp AND pve. Honestly thats a pretty easy fix to me..

3 As i said the model could provide fun for years to come and be dynamic w NO WIPES necessary. 

Ive been playing various forms of these types of games since the 1980s.. 

Its do-able and frankly necessary to make some big tweaks to the actual game mechanics before this game goes from "pre release" to market ready product.

• Like 1

On 6/19/2020 at 9:00 AM, Gortok said:

Hi Folks. I was brought on recently to help build a new team working exclusively on Atlas! I know there's been a lull in development lately

What's a pirate game without the opportunity to pillage trade routes? More on that in the weeks to come.

Or months, or years? Who cares, right?

I like how you made the effort to make a point that there is a new team working "exclusively" on Atlas.

Why would anybody think that a newly built "team" working on Atlas is not exclusively working on Atlas? Seems a bit sus.

Are you even still employed by these guys/alive and not dead?

Edited by eeeceee