ATLAS

Captain’s Log #39: Meet The Crew!

@Chismebeard @Gortok @Nami are very happy to see you, welcome! I hope that at least you get the habit of communicating with the community, past CMs were not very talkative, to say the least.

So, apparently, with the change in the global map, the new season starts in Atlas, what will it be? But this is a general question, let's move on to the essence and specificity.

1. As far as I understand, developers are removing PVE servers and in the new season they want to combine aspects of PVP & PVE, as well as their groups of people. That is, you will be forced to make the PVP server more loyal to the PVE community. Are you not afraid that features intended for PVE players will be abused by PVP players? If this really happens, then we will come to a more deplorable state on PVP than now. We, pvp players from ARK, are tired of the fact that people are used to being more fighters of global chat and freeport, and not to fight in the normal way. You know, there are such companies on NA, but more of them on EU. If you know what I mean. I would like to know in more detail how this combination of the two sides of the game will be implemented. Do not get me wrong, I do not want to infringe on the rights of PVE players, on the contrary. But just as they consider the combination of PVE and PVP community unnecessary! Because this will generate more toxicity between the community of the game in general terms.

2. The concept of a new world map is incomprehensible. West and East located simultaneously on the same side of the world look a disorienting i think. I will not say anything about the rest, in shock ... but I will not say anything. It is also not very clear why the Golden Age and Lawless zones were moved to the center of the map, what is the point? Yes, in this way you will create more competition between the companies, create a “storm in a glass" (only a larger one) the so-called hunt / fight for experience. But all this will again affect PVErs, will they be deprived? 

From a “storm in a glass” it will turn into a storm of diarrhea in a global chat, my opinion. On the one hand, it’s a lot of fun to watch, probably ... but it really saddens me a lot.

If I understand correctly, there will be sectors on the Lawless borders with islands that can be captured, as I heard they are called Low-Risk zones. These are sectors in which you can claim the islands, and at the same time it will be impossible to fight or raid on this island. The war is only in the water and lawless sectors. If this is for PVErs, that’s good, but again this refers to the first point that I wrote. If this is abused, I suggest that these islands will be clogged with PVPers parking lots. Or maybe whole cities on rafts, as they are now in free ports. As a result, we will not get any competition that the developers had in mind, and again we will return to afk campaigns against each other and to the chat war in words. I think that people from the first season look at all this with a wild laugh.

3. Lags, bugs and everything related to this. Two or three months ago, I already wrote a post about how much lags interfere, I play on PC. Can’t even imagine what the hell is going on with the guys on the Xbox, I am sorry for them. I’ll write again, the game is seriously lacking in normal optimization both in terms of ping and in terms of the graphic component. There is no breathtaking picture in the game, but the lags are like every pixel was made for some kind of ultra-super-nextgen project. Can we, the community of your game, hope in the new season not only for remaking the map, but also for normal optimization from the client side (in terms of graphic changes) and server optimization, normalization of ping for large Pvp hassles, for example? A large share of the lags is played by the fact that the game engine calculates the NPC aimbot very poorly. The more NPCs - the more lags and crashes. This applies to huge battles on ships. For example, imagine a battle of 25-30 ships, or rather galleons, more than 1k NPCs simultaneously in one sector, I’ll say more - you don’t need to imagine, just look at YouTube or the GMs guys will be present in spectator mode at one of these battles. Sea battles are certainly understandable, but imagine for a second that this is happening in the sector where all the islands are built up and they have at least the same number of NPCs. What will happen to the server in this case? Crash, crash after crash ... lag after lag. It is necessary to optimize it, please! #NeedForOptimization

As for bugs, a person who recently laid out everything on the shelves was doing a post here recently. But his post was deleted, probably due to the fact that it contained information on duplication, starting with sets of armor and ending with duplication of anything. Also in this post contained information on other bugs that no less need a fix. I really hope that before the post was deleted, at least they read it and use the information received for the benefit in order to eliminate the vile errors that currently exist in the project!

4. New content, in particular the addition of new types of ships and landing mechanics, hijacking, improved melee mechanics. Will this be done? If not after a wipe, then when? Can we hope the developers still stick to the roadmap they once announced? Forgive me if you have the impression of a very curious child who asks too many questions that are very difficult to answer right away. But, as you understand, there was no normal communication with the community, so I think that so many complaints and questions have accumulated. I'm not trying to offend the work of developers or somehow belittle it ... It’s just that the situation is that less and less people remain and support you. It is deplorable and very sad. The fewer people - the fewer potential beta testers who report problems and send bug reports. It’s very a pity your rather promising project, it is as if shouting to the developers: "Mom, I do not want to die!"

The request of those who read the post to support it please, peace my dudes!

Edited by Mr.Smith
  • Like 3

On 6/19/2020 at 7:34 PM, The D Legacy said:

indeed, one of the critical mistakes done with this game since start was the lack of value given to the player's time investment, yet as i read how they have decided to set up the new map i find evident that (at least in PVP) bases getting completely and utterly destroyed will still be a thing (wich i dont mind) i just hope we PVErs can finally get rid of the "decay timers" since i made an oath with myself that i wouldnt be playing this game for as long as decay timers exist.

Why on earth would you want decay timers off? To me that makes no sense at all unless you are gone for long periods of time and if that is the case maybe solo is best for you just saying but, decay is there for a very good reason so the lag will not be as bad as it would with no decay and for others to have a chance at the places others have that aren't interested in playing the game anymore, there are a lot of those now though so I guess it doesn't matter anymore.

25 minutes ago, SusanT said:

Why on earth would you want decay timers off? To me that makes no sense at all unless you are gone for long periods of time and if that is the case maybe solo is best for you just saying but, decay is there for a very good reason so the lag will not be as bad as it would with no decay and for others to have a chance at the places others have that aren't interested in playing the game anymore, there are a lot of those now though so I guess it doesn't matter anymore.

This is a videogame not a marriage, i should not lose the results of my time and effort only for quitting for a while, every single decent game understand something as simple as that (TERA, THE DIVISION, BDO, etc), also playing solo fixes nothing i would still have decay timers on my buildings/tames etc.

You wanna talk about lag??? yesterday i installed the game again cause i was bored, with nothing else than the island trees and my naked character i couldnt even do a 360 using the camera without stuttering, if they are unable to make a game perform properly in a 1500$ PC that can run BDO and THE DIVISION 2 on max settings with no problems is clearly evident they should not have released the game until that was fixed, but not only that, we are 18 months into early access!!

Unlike what it may seem evident most of the optimization process in a game is related to HOW the game process things and not with how many things need to be rendered, specially considering how powerfull video cards are nowadays and the graphic quality of this game.

• Like 2

right, because the first thing i think while playing atlas is : WOW! i wish this game was more like LoL or that giant dumpster fire Valorant.

good luck.

will watch this train wreck from a safe distance.

• Like 2

The only correct response at this point is to boycot all associated products and downgrade the reviews.

Perhaps this will motivate the company to act responsibly if theyre even capabile of the transformation.

Nuff said please show some support if you agree. Dont bless them with your input, they ARE not reciprocating

Edited by Ranger1k
  • Like 2

its been about a week since server wipe, and its been quite from the dev team.. unless i missed something.... witch is a huge red flag. showing they aren't concerned at all about any feedback.. might i just add, i really don't think it's a smart idea to spend time, money and other resources into essentially remaking the game when the current game is so buggy and laggy that people on xbox have a really hard time even playing when it come's to certain zone's. 

On 6/19/2020 at 2:01 AM, Juliocp said:

Out of Port, you will continue to live your adventures, inside the Ports you will come to negotiate, refuel, meet new players and maybe members for your company. The idea not is to live in ports. The idea is to have reasons to want to return to the ports at the end of a day of action. 
Keep in mind that port mechanics already exist, I am not adding any new mechanics. I am considering improving it. 
I just made a suggestion, I believe there are better ones, I don't care. What really matters is that we have a port in the game and it could serve much, much better purposes. Right?

There is a peculiarity that the doors forget to address. The true meaning of the entire MMO game is to achieve fame, glory, wealth. Porto is the perfect place to parade and show our achievements. All players must be able and willing to meet at the ports to share their stories and adventures. So it is with any successful MMO game.

Monster HUnter, Old Ragnarok, Old PerfectWord, Old Tibia, Old Pristom Tales, Etc etc. etc.

In a romantic world that might be true. In reality its just a shit storm of death and grief. Look at Last Oasis Spicce pretty much own that game so your Alpha Chickens and Slick daddys will come back after spending a few weeks getting slapped to giref. Dont get me wrong things are what they are but if you think what you said has any weight whatsoever you need to understand what pvp servers are matey. Megas dont share stories they just grief.

• Like 1

On 6/19/2020 at 5:12 AM, Pooter said:

Not to be too hash man(because you are new and all) but do you think you are going to get some WOW type of scenario? 

most of these people are from ark and they are “very much” either pve or pvp. Depending on how you act they will either hate you or hate your guts lol. 

the company you decided to work for gave you a bar that is way higher than you thought you had. Even if you do a good job, expect a “well you did your job” attitude. You better take that and be appreciative of it! No questions asked. After you have done your job for over 6 months(the typical probationary period for any job) then we can start giving kudos.

but please, if you consider yourself a professional you will realize that any praise given within the probationary period was given by people that would literally praise a toothbrush for brushing teeth. 

believe me, there are some easy to please “people” here. Lol. Just do what you got hired to do and you will be fine. Your predecessors luckily left a very low bar for you, so thank god for that right? 😂

you think these guys got it @PeglegTheAngry 😉

Erm, easy to please. Scroll up read the posts. If this is easy to please you must be selling snow to the inuits. 

On 6/21/2020 at 7:46 AM, Ranger1k said:

I wih you the best of luck. If you respect honesty  then the following should not offend you and you may even come to regard the following as constructive criticism...

Not a SINGLE PLAYER ASKED FOR YOUR RESUME. Harsh, i know, but its a fact. Corporate advocated a pep rally that statistically speaking is irrelevant.

I have personnally asked......How.... Many....... Atlas..... Game......Hours....Do......You......Have?.....

Are you capable of operating independently from the incompetent leadership?

When will the "pre release" end? When will the company begin taking responsibility for the product its selling/ releasing?

How will changes that wipe hours of gameplay be handled moving forward??

Not responding directly to ANY of these questiong is proof that the chain of command is comprised and all players should just let the crooked companys involved keep thier con money and the player base should permanently boycot the products.

Harsh, i know but weve been left zero recourse.

Ranger1k, Formerly from the Company The Military. PLEASE show some support community

constructive criticism?

On 6/21/2020 at 5:31 PM, Ranger1k said:

The only correct response at this point is to boycot all associated products and downgrade the reviews.

Perhaps this will motivate the company to act responsibly if theyre even capabile of the transformation.

Nuff said please show some support if you agree. Dont bless them with your input, they ARE not reciprocating

But, but, they said they don't take it lightly...

• Like 1

@ Devteam in general/commanagers;

The so much hated buildbug (dissapearing structures), will it be fixed after this wipe?

I played a while and would just like to add on as suggestions to our new development team. I really see the potential with this game and taking the time to get on to twitter and these forums is showing that we all care and have possible suggestions to throw out there.

1. I was thinking of something with NPC's I feel like a lot of islands felt empty when people or clans were logged off. Ports and other islands felt empty as well. Its nice to look at, but i would like to feel immersed with NPC's sending you on adventures, recruiting new crew mates, and gaining treasures or loot. I literally can see the flow improve x10 with NPC's adding to the stories with quests, information on the golden age ruins, and different beasts and creatures out in the world. It would bring a bigger fire to the lore and exploration of the game. I understand the game has a huge PVP aspect, but having lore and foundations with exploration support the experience by far.

2. I like the idea of finding random treasure maps with treasure hunts inside but, honestly, it felt over saturated. Some times i saw several on one shore line and most of the time i avoided lower level ones. Just a thought, but we could reduce the amount and increase difficulty?

3. Customization in general could use a little love. I feel like most of the players i ran into, had a beard and looked eerily similar unless you went for the deformed look. With that, perhaps weapon types and appearances. Just seems refreshing to consider. 

4. Taming, breeding, and using animals could see some minor fixes and changes. I feel like tames play a insurmountable difference to the experience of the game and could use some touches here and there.

5. Island beasts, animals, and monster roaming. I feel like adjustments could be made to spawn locations of creatures. Seeing 6 different creatures roaming a beach side was always an awkward and took away from the experience. Picky but just thoughts honestly. 

6. Last but not least, the Golden Age Ruins! I Absolutely love the idea and i honestly can visualize the mystery and lore behind this. I feel like this adds an IMMENSE mystery to the lore and adds to the games fantasy aspect and could be overhauled a bit. I feel like, there shouldnt be an ALPHA version of every odd creature just thrown there and spread out all over the place. When first visited this place, I usually just saw naked people running around the island due to how it was created and it completely sucked the life out of the lore and incredible buildings placed there. I can see this place being an amazing place to go on adventures and quests with NPCS or Crews. I can easily see this fixed and would massively improve the player experience with the overall game, PVP or PVE! 

I feel like most of these are easy patches in the future and could improve player experience! What does any one else think? Lets just talk and get ideas to the new DEVS! 🙂 

I support the person who proposed to boycott the Atlas. If the developers again roll out the shit with safe zones, in which all the cowardly tribes will save the main loot, then let these tribes play on this cluster themselves. The rest will leave or boycott such an "honest" game. I was horrified by the fact that one shooter (albeit a different genre of the game, but still) which I abandoned 5 years ago due to low online, has this online more than a single PvP cluster in Atlas, designed for 40k people . So boycott and only boycott! Nothing more will make these lazy asses do their job! I think many people from normal, real PvP tribes will support this initiative. I already wrote about PvErs, we PvPers in no way want to limit your freedoms! All claims to developers who want to push their foreheads against 2 opposite aspects of the game. In this game, it is impossible to make both live well and at the same time all behave well, do not buggy, do not abuse PvE components, etc. These are all dreams that do not have a solid foundation and structural changes.

• Like 1

Give the new team a chance to settle in and become familiar with their roles and be set up with and oriented with the tools at their disposal and hopefully also try find out the information the players want to know so they can then be informed to communicate with the community. It hasnt been long considering what they have been handed the reigns of really. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

46 minutes ago, Bluestone said:

Give the new team a chance to settle in and become familiar with their roles and be set up with and oriented with the tools at their disposal and hopefully also try find out the information the players want to know so they can then be informed to communicate with the community. It hasnt been long considering what they have been handed the reigns of really. 

Your request makes a lot of sense. However, a lot of people are tired of how this project has been managed since the very beginning. A lot of us were disappointed several times before the game was released (the release date was postponed three times if memory serves me right, and they'd only let us know about such postponement when the game was supposed to be open). I don't know much about game management or devs, but something tells me the bad decisions and terrible planning comes from above, and this team will most likely encounter the same issues the previous team did.

I haven't come to this forums to rage (except for the previous paragraph). I check this out every day to see whether there's a more concrete date for the wipe and reopening, but I also read other people's comments and I agree with many of the negative comments. Despite everything I'll play again after the wipe, although I am not sure whether I'll get bored after a few hours like the last time.

So rude.

How difficult is it for other people to type on a forum what you just tried to type?

Just so very rude.

To create the pvp-pve balance have you thought of keeping the map size and creating zones of safety? I.e. zones that you can build ships and dock at when offline? If you eliminate offline raiding to some extent i think you would have potential. Possibly islands with a lower structure count than others. I think pve zones with less resources would give players a chance to stay invested.

I wouldn't play on a map where if I played pve I was reduced to limited resources, I don't think that would be treating everyone equally. We all pay the same money for the same quality of game. The only hope for pve as it stands imo is to keep it separate. The only issue I have with that is how often the pve would recieve any new content.

On 6/18/2020 at 9:40 PM, Zoch007 said:

Does East and West mean something different in atlas then the real world???

I think you have to look at it as a globe. 

Imagine the above map was made out of cloth, you write 'north' in the centre of the golden age then wrap the cloth map around a ball, it would probably make more sense.

If you put pve in pvp people find a way to cheat it will never work, so dont .

On 6/21/2020 at 8:46 AM, Ranger1k said:

I wih you the best of luck. If you respect honesty  then the following should not offend you and you may even come to regard the following as constructive criticism...

Not a SINGLE PLAYER ASKED FOR YOUR RESUME. Harsh, i know, but its a fact. Corporate advocated a pep rally that statistically speaking is irrelevant.

I have personnally asked......How.... Many....... Atlas..... Game......Hours....Do......You......Have?.....

Are you capable of operating independently from the incompetent leadership?

When will the "pre release" end? When will the company begin taking responsibility for the product its selling/ releasing?

How will changes that wipe hours of gameplay be handled moving forward??

Not responding directly to ANY of these questiong is proof that the chain of command is comprised and all players should just let the crooked companys involved keep thier con money and the player base should permanently boycot the products.

Harsh, i know but weve been left zero recourse.

Ranger1k, Formerly from the Company The Military. PLEASE show some support community

? sir you are a fruit cake, youre nuts.

• Thanks 1

On 6/19/2020 at 9:19 AM, SusanT said:

Your suggestion on vitamin deficiencies are out there, it is already hard enough to micromanage it as it is, I guess if you have a LARGE company that are doing the gathering and building and feeding and taming and raising the babes and gardening then sure as you have nothing to do anyway..... that would be fine but not for a solo player. I don't join large groups for a reason, I like to get my moneys worth out of a game and that means playing all aspects it has to offer, gathering, taming, mating, raising, etc. etc. why buy a game if you are just going to have others play it for you, seems a waste imo but to each their own.

Reread the part about significantly extending the time it takes to GET the vitamin debuffs. The premise is you should need to neglect your nutrition for multiple game days to get those, not just because you haven't eaten a fish in the past 10 minutes. If you're even trying to eat a fish or drink some milk every other game day or so, you would never get the debuff. Conversely, if you actually neglect your Vitamin C enough to get skurvy, it should take you a couple game days of eating citronal to treat that, or you could speed up the recovery by eating crafted food. At present, everyone just kills themselves to clear the nutrition bar, which makes the game mechanic meaningless. 

It is generally better to be wrong and have things work out well than to be right and have things go bad.

More specifically Im speaking to Gortok... Im intrigued... Ive been playing various RPGs since pen and paper D&D in the 80s.. Dabbled with many MMORPGs over the years....

Want another hand on deck?... Im interested..

I can turn shit into sugar... Lots and lots of sugar..

GL.

Offers been made. Has a time limit before i shrug...

That appears quite desperate, lol. Do you want this to be a good game, or just make money?

• Confused 1