Sign in to follow this  
Olthoi

Wipes Are Fine, Healthy Even, But....

I don’t have an issue with wipes.  I will always accept a wipe that bring new content and fixes... BUT....

Grapeshot isn’t wiping to fix bugs;  it’s not to add new creatures or quests.  It’s changing the map and playstyle of the game, it wants people to play differently.

It’s shifting from a lot of PvE to more PvP.  That doesn’t sound terrible if you like PvP,  but the problem is, MOST of the remaining people STILL logging in every day are really enjoying the PvE, the building, crafting, exploring, etc.  The people that have been MOST loyal to the game are the ones in game right now playing in a PvE fashion.

I like PvP too don’t get me wrong, but in Atlas I have the most fun doing the other stuff.  Why is it so offensive to them that people are enjoying the game differently than they had imagined?  The people I know who have left the game didn’t leave because there wasn’t enough PvP,  they left because there wasn’t enough content.

What metrics did they see that told them that moving away from their PvE’rs and trying to lure more PvP’rs was the way to go?  There is nothing at all stopping people from playing PvP all day long every day already.  That should be a clue for them.

Ill log in after the wipe and give it the ole’ college try, maybe I’ll be surprised. But I am saying right now that I am not excited about it.  I should be.

Olthoi

• Like 1

The point though is that they promised no more wipes after xbox release, and like I have previously said they had 3 chances to change the game during the previous wipes and still retain some credibility, but chose not to. This is not good game management. I personally am not angry, I'm disappointed with the devs and sad for a game that could have been amazing. And as per usual most people who are happy with another wipe are either the ones that left, or people who still play and have done as much as they can and are now bored.They need to think also of the players that are loyal to them and have stuck with the game since release aswell.

bahh they should change the rules and the map every 6 months keep things fresh 

8 hours ago, Olthoi said:

I don’t have an issue with wipes.  I will always accept a wipe that bring new content and fixes... BUT....

Grapeshot isn’t wiping to fix bugs;  it’s not to add new creatures or quests.  It’s changing the map and playstyle of the game, it wants people to play differently.

It’s shifting from a lot of PvE to more PvP.  That doesn’t sound terrible if you like PvP,  but the problem is, MOST of the remaining people STILL logging in every day are really enjoying the PvE, the building, crafting, exploring, etc.  The people that have been MOST loyal to the game are the ones in game right now playing in a PvE fashion.

I like PvP too don’t get me wrong, but in Atlas I have the most fun doing the other stuff.  Why is it so offensive to them that people are enjoying the game differently than they had imagined?  The people I know who have left the game didn’t leave because there wasn’t enough PvP,  they left because there wasn’t enough content.

What metrics did they see that told them that moving away from their PvE’rs and trying to lure more PvP’rs was the way to go?  There is nothing at all stopping people from playing PvP all day long every day already.  That should be a clue for them.

Ill log in after the wipe and give it the ole’ college try, maybe I’ll be surprised. But I am saying right now that I am not excited about it.  I should be.

Olthoi

I seriously doubt it. They have a very bad track record now. The past 5 years a lot of bad things have been adding up and they are known as very untrustworthy.

plus if they dont get rid of discovery points they will prove they don’t have common sense either. I really don’t care who likes discovery points. Everyone has already gotten them 3 times before. Old news. If they left them in the game they are basically a 1 trick pony with no imagination or any type of development skills. Bottom line is they are changing the map again as well as gameplay, so if they can’t change or get rid of discovery points that is just pathetic.

6 hours ago, Whitehawk said:

The point though is that they promised no more wipes after xbox release, and like I have previously said they had 3 chances to change the game during the previous wipes and still retain some credibility, but chose not to. This is not good game management. I personally am not angry, I'm disappointed with the devs and sad for a game that could have been amazing. And as per usual most people who are happy with another wipe are either the ones that left, or people who still play and have done as much as they can and are now bored.They need to think also of the players that are loyal to them and have stuck with the game since release aswell.

I have to disagree. The loyal people you are talking about is such a small fraction that they really aren’t important. I know some people feel that if they are loyal they should be honored or treated differently but that is not the case at all. The needs of the many will always be more important than the needs of the few.

Obviously not someone with your own business eh, spock?

I also said they need to think of the loyal players aswell, not exclusively.

Edited by Whitehawk

3 hours ago, Whitehawk said:

Obviously not someone with your own business eh, spock?

I also said they need to think of the loyal players aswell, not exclusively.

Nah 

15 hours ago, Pooter said:

I have to disagree. The loyal people you are talking about is such a small fraction that they really aren’t important. I know some people feel that if they are loyal they should be honored or treated differently but that is not the case at all. The needs of the many will always be more important than the needs of the few.

isnt not to be lied to a need of the many (if not of all of us)?

1 hour ago, The D Legacy said:

isnt not to be lied to a need of the many (if not of all of us)?

Of course. That guy was talking about being loyal though. You are right that we should not be lied to but it really doesn’t matter if you are loyal or not. Loyal basically just means entitled.

i am totally with you on not being lied to though.

• Like 1