Sign in to follow this  
Pooter

Coming from a long time player that might return after the wipe.

Believe me, I know all of you want more content but that is not what I am concerned about in the slightest. I don’t even mind leveling up again and redoing all of the bosses/base building/taming/anything EXCEPT..... those stupid discovery points. 

just remember that you already have a bad name for yourself but you will very quickly become the worst dev company ever if you revamp and wipe the game but leave the discovery points in the game. They don’t need a rework, they need to be gone. Discovery points were by far the worst thing you put into the game(even if some losers think they were good smh) guess what? Even the ones that liked the discovery points are going to be pissed when they have to do it a third time, and if they aren’t they yeah the () said it all lol.

so far you guys have not done a good job even in the slightest. They think you guys are done which would be easier. I know you guys are not done but unfortunately I think you will 💩 the bed no matter how hard you try. Smh

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Nah, we are not pissed at all. We have just left. I got my $15 bucks worth and now  know to never buy anything from them or their affiliated crap like ARK ever. They abandoned the game for months on end and have now given up on PVE and have decided that PVP is where they will get their money. That the lead developer slunk out in the middle of the night without having the soyboi balls to own up to his failure to go work on Vampire the Masquerade was telling. It is just more smoke and mirrors to try and con another group of XBobs, since the PC players are wise to their shit now.

• Like 2

On 6/16/2020 at 10:11 AM, Pooter said:

Believe me, I know all of you want more content but that is not what I am concerned about in the slightest. I don’t even mind leveling up again and redoing all of the bosses/base building/taming/anything EXCEPT..... those stupid discovery points.

I just got the 40% discovery achievement a few days ago.  As a solo player this has been a major pain in the butt to get.  So yes I agree wholeheartedly with you.  Wipe everything you want, but not our discovery points, or revamp the system to not need to get discovery points at all.  Afterall,  discovery points is a way that people in mega companies have huge advantages in that they can simply have beds all over the map and get them super fast with little work whilst the rest of us have to putz around and work hard at getting.

Edited by EatEmAlive
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, EatEmAlive said:

I just got the 40% discovery achievement a few days ago.  As a solo player this has been a major pain in the butt to get.  So yes I agree wholeheartedly with you.  Wipe everything you want, but not our discovery points, or revamp the system to not need to get discovery points at all.  Afterall,  discovery points is a way that people in mega companies have huge advantages in that they can simply have beds all over the map and get them super fast with little work whilst the rest of us have to putz around and work hard at getting.

Yes, discovery points have to go. It was a very stupid idea. I was going to explore regardless of them “forcing” me to explore to level up. Don’t worry grapeshot I am a gamer, I don’t need to be raped/forced into doing what you want me to do. Just ask nicely and I will act accordingly. Please don’t force me anymore 😔 I don’t know how much more I can take.

On 6/15/2020 at 5:58 PM, UnknownSystemError said:

Nah, we are not pissed at all. We have just left. I got my $15 bucks worth and now  know to never buy anything from them or their affiliated crap like ARK ever. They abandoned the game for months on end and have now given up on PVE and have decided that PVP is where they will get their money. That the lead developer slunk out in the middle of the night without having the soyboi balls to own up to his failure to go work on Vampire the Masquerade was telling. It is just more smoke and mirrors to try and con another group of XBobs, since the PC players are wise to their shit now.

Yeah you are pissed or you wouldn’t have bothered with the worthless reply smh

They need to go to a discovery system the works as you play. Kill a parrot get a do kill a bear get a dp find a metal node get a dp etc etc 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Acemac said:

They need to go to a discovery system the works as you play. Kill a parrot get a do kill a bear get a dp find a metal node get a dp etc etc 

So basically more like quests? Yeah I always thought that real quests would be better than just stupid discovery points. No reason to force people to explore because they are going to do it anyways.

quests would have been a lot more fun and entertaining, not boring and dull like the idea they thought of smh.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, EatEmAlive said:

discovery points is a way that people in mega companies have huge advantages in that they can simply have beds all over the map and get them super fast with little work whilst the rest of us have to putz around and work hard at getting.

What? Are you saying there is favoritism towards mega companies in this piece of crap game?

Discovery points are fine.

I think if you're only large enough as a tribe, you should of course be able to deny other people's each and every attempts at levelling up by placing enough defensive structures in key locations.

The way i see it, if you were truly worthy of becoming level 2, you would be able to find your way around my 10.000 sniper towers of death to get to the discovery point on our island.

There are plenty of highly successful other games out there, where a group of toxic sociopaths players is allowed to deny other people's progress, such as for example:

Thank you for your attention.

I just started this game last week, and personally, I love the discovery system.  I think this game needs it.  Coming from Ark (with close to 1500 hours under my belt), it's just one of the many little features that gives the player a reason to leave their base.  The sailing mechanics are quite fun in this game and I'll gladly enjoy going on exploration excursions.

I do understand your complaint about having to do something again, but please keep in mind that this is an EA game. It would be a shame to trash good content just because a few players were tired of it.

54 minutes ago, Thayxen said:

I just started this game last week, and personally, I love the discovery system.  I think this game needs it.  Coming from Ark (with close to 1500 hours under my belt), it's just one of the many little features that gives the player a reason to leave their base.  The sailing mechanics are quite fun in this game and I'll gladly enjoy going on exploration excursions.

I do understand your complaint about having to do something again, but please keep in mind that this is an EA game. It would be a shame to trash good content just because a few players were tired of it.

Yeah, the discovery points are not good content. Especially is you just started last week. Once you even get to the 20% mark you will realize it is all the same islands. 

so please keep in mind that this was a very bad idea to begin with. Actual quests would have been a way better idea. “Hey cool, I sailed for 4 hours and now I get a discovery point” yeah... nope. Actually give me something to do. 

Discovery points were the most elaborate time so I I have ever experienced in a game. So yeah, you like time sinks? Cool, I won’t down you for that. Either way this was a worthless time sink

• Like 1

lol yep all the same island and you dont really discover anything. there are lots of other ways they could do this that would not feel like a chore 

• Like 2