ATLAS

New World Map!

On 6/19/2020 at 12:29 AM, Pooter said:

Nah, there isn’t any question about what’s going on man, if you are behind the curve I don’t k ow what to tell you.

I personally think they are taking it down to use it as a test server, and then when they are done, it will come back. Similar to what they did for second wipe. That seems reasonable to me...

So apparently all unofficial servers will be forced to wipe.  The devs' must have known this when they made the announcement and chose not to share that information to keep the player count up.  Shame on you guys.

On 6/22/2020 at 3:28 PM, ZetaZhan said:

If you want a PVE pirate game go play Sea of Theives 

You realize us PVE players have paid same as u? I wonder how u would feel if they stripped parts of the game u loved. I literally bought it to play PVE with the fam... If we wanted to play sea of thieves we would have bought it! But that's not to say you shouldn't have your say, no matter how ridiculous it is   So yeah all you PVE peeps, they say we go to sea of thieves... (taken from the tinterweb... The Sea of Thieves site...  Sea of Thieves is a shared open world adventure game. You share a world with a few other ships/players. And these players range in playstyles, pvp, pve, a combination or a weird variation. You can avoid PvP to a certain degree, but there isnt a guarantee that you wont be spotted and pursued/attacked.   So yeah.... Sea of Thieves... Don't have a REAL PVE set up...Not sure that will work out! You clearly don't know what you're talking about, but its okay, you wont be effected. When it does, I'm sure you will be here complaining like everyone else. Good Luck with that, these Devs, just want your money. They have ours now and I can tell you, I paid a crap load, so that me, my hubby, my daughter, my brother and three nephews could play PVE together. Not every account was purchased on sale. I only came on heer to see if there was a shred of hope left for this game, but there isn't so I wont be playing it anymore, which is a shame.

3 hours ago, Laynie said:

You realize us PVE players have paid same as u? I wonder how u would feel if they stripped parts of the game u loved. I literally bought it to play PVE with the fam... If we wanted to play sea of thieves we would have bought it! But that's not to say you shouldn't have your say, no matter how ridiculous it is   So yeah all you PVE peeps, they say we go to sea of thieves... (taken from the tinterweb... The Sea of Thieves site...  Sea of Thieves is a shared open world adventure game. You share a world with a few other ships/players. And these players range in playstyles, pvp, pve, a combination or a weird variation. You can avoid PvP to a certain degree, but there isnt a guarantee that you wont be spotted and pursued/attacked.   So yeah.... Sea of Thieves... Don't have a REAL PVE set up...Not sure that will work out! You clearly don't know what you're talking about, but its okay, you wont be effected. When it does, I'm sure you will be here complaining like everyone else. Good Luck with that, these Devs, just want your money. They have ours now and I can tell you, I paid a crap load, so that me, my hubby, my daughter, my brother and three nephews could play PVE together. Not every account was purchased on sale. I only came on heer to see if there was a shred of hope left for this game, but there isn't so I wont be playing it anymore, which is a shame.

I agree. Pretty dumb of someone to suggest Sea of Thieves. Even the name suggests it is not a PvE game, although I've never played it.

There are BTW, plenty of ways to still play this game PvE. I'm playing on a nice unofficial server with a 5 x 5 map, all the power stones, just like official. Fun group of people. If you don't like playing on someone else's server (essentially you are doing that when you play on the official servers too), then you could always rent your own. Split the cost with your friends. It shouldn't cost you more than about $5 each a month. Not sure of the total cost, I think G-Portal is about $11 a month.

• Like 1

Good Luck with that, these Devs, just want your money. They have ours now and I can tell you, I paid a crap load, so that me, my hubby, my daughter, my brother and three nephews could play PVE together. Not every account was purchased on sale. I only came on heer to see if there was a shred of hope left for this game, but there isn't so I wont be playing it anymore, which is a shame.

Good comeback regarding Sea of Thieves btw 🤣... My take on the PvE situation...

I haven't completely given up on the game yet, but I'm just not going to play at all until i feel confident that they understand how dire the situation is and take measurable steps to stabilize. 

Its nearly impossible for them to abandon PvE entirely for several reasons..

1 Its bad business, reference your story as proof...

2 Players need something to do when PvP has a lull...

3 PvE is the primary Gatekeeping method for levels

That being said... They could, theoretically, abandon offering ANY official servers. Make a customer choose single player, coop or 3rd party/ self owned server. Its the model Conan uses. I think its a terrible idea, but, theoretically they can.

I think one of the things theyre struggling with is making it scale-able (sp). If they sell 50k copies and after a few months only 2k players are using it how do they bring costs in line?...  I personally believe theyre having trouble internally reaching consensus on how they want to solve it before release. Theres several methods companies have used historically, all work, but somebody has to make a decision. Until then substantial progress, imo, will probably not be coming. I would ONLY play if i was comfortable getting wiped, again, single/ coop or 3rd party server. I dont find any of those options appealing therefore i refuse to play.

I have very clear opinions regarding the best method to fix the issue but that opinion isn't free.

Once again nice burn on the SoT trolls 🤣 hopefully I've convinced ya all hope isnt lost on PvE, yet atleast... It's screwed up, neglected and mismanaged but i don't think hoping things get better is unreasonable.