ATLAS

New World Map!

4 hours ago, jerenjnelsen@gmail.com said:

Does our level carry over? That would sooth the fact that I lose it all. It would give me a reason to continue playing until the wipe. 

After the wipe everyone on  the whole official cluster network will need to make new characters as all character/tame/ship/structure data will be gone.
Hopefully you choose to continue playing anyway but no one can make that decision for you.

I hope you no longer work with the intern who had implanted the new islands (upside down...) in the equatorial zone few months ago.

I say intern because I hope a real developer checks his work, or correct it if he made a mistake...

5hhq.jpgjwzj.jpg

If you are still working with this person, and you are still copying/pasting island formats, tell him to turn this island 90 degrees clockwise, and check the others... otherwise your new map is going to be a hell of a mess!

Edit:

If an island is established upside down is not really the problem.
the real problem is that never been fixed.

I'm a little mean, but I love this game (3k+ hours of PVE play), and I hope it will be improved and finished.

A game cannot stay for 2 years in early access.
Telling players : "what you are doing is temporary" is normal during early access. But this is no longer normal when developers disappear for 6 months.

Edited by Nordist
  • Haha 1

Oh this is fantastic! Malfeasance is the word so many are looking for I believe. Still, it is foolishness to ask for money back, after enjoying hundreds or even thousands of hours of entertainment for what has to be one of if not the cheapest game in the collection. 

I am loving the tears of the PVE crowd. The lunacy of playing a pirate game, where you can't be a pirate, always bewildered me. Nothing at any point in time has suggested that PvE was anything less than an afterthought to appease some people. Regardless, there is still a PVE server.

@Bluestone Welcome aboard, its clearly a shit show as you can see. Take heart, its simply the vocal uneducated pissing and moaning. (Except @Gomez Addams hes just playing with his family and I truly feel for him if he cant get any SS of their time together.) I am saddened by you saying it might never leave EA.

• Thanks 1

Well technically speaking pyrates didn't attack other pyrates, and with subs torpedoes, tames you can sit inside and dragons you can fly this is as close to being a pyrate game as the film 'Cats' is to being an epic piece of 21st century cinema.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Whitehawk said:

Well technically speaking pyrates didn't attack other pyrates, and with subs torpedoes, tames you can sit inside and dragons you can fly this is as close to being a pyrate game as the film 'Cats' is to being an epic piece of 21st century cinema.

If you want a PVE pirate game go play Sea of Theives 

• Confused 1

I think having PVE players incorporated into a trading system would help boost PVP. If PVE players had a trade area where there stuff could assist PVP players on a different area of the map FAR FAR away then trade routes and defense would be crucial for the PVP players and PVE players. But not all would be lost. I think a great balance would help older players who now have kids. I can't afford to sit on here and grind countless hours. Sorry for all of you who have no jobs. lol It just isn't fair to be offlined every night... it is called PVP right? If you never fight anyone for anything how is that fun at all????? I get having your stuff taken in battle is the fun part of the PVP but people aren't fighting anyone...they are meta squating in freeports and repairing boats and keeping tames alive so they can continuously troll other players without losing anything, offlining, grieving, and new players are consistently targets of this behavior. When you go to find them you eventually find they live in the freeport with all of their animals. It's honestly just killed the game...if this new system fails to incorporate both PVE and PVP on different ends of the map this game will sink... no pun intended. Also...how are you going to display how many players are on in a server? It plays against peoples defenses if they know they are just facing NPC's.  The game is just flawed....all the way to trying to climb the ladders on the back ends of the boats lol. I hope they new update fixes my issues with the game...but it seems like the system will be utilized by trolls again...they will just squat in new player areas for free loot. I can already feel the toxicity. 

• Like 1

The only way to combine pve and pvp together is to have an opt in and out option, but that can be exploited in some games.red dead 2 online is the worst pvpve I have ever played. Mind you noones really sure yet what the situation with pve will be. Just gotta wait I suppose.

2 hours ago, Chucksteak said:

@Bluestone Welcome aboard, its clearly a shit show as you can see. Take heart, its simply the vocal uneducated pissing and moaning. (Except @Gomez Addams hes just playing with his family and I truly feel for him if he cant get any SS of their time together.) I am saddened by you saying it might never leave EA.

Lol thanks, I've been on board for a while actually but most of my time was spent moderating the discord (i was moderating there before the asked for someone to help here), while dealing with spammers and the occasional abusive poster here.
However, with the uptick in activity on the forum since the recent changes and announcements I am trying to push to be more conversationally active here as well though.

• Thanks 1

Thank you for acknowledging my plight @Chucksteak. I will try to explain in just a few words why Atlas as PVE is so appealing. It’s gorgeous, you can sail and explore, it has risk with some challenges, it’s creative, it has other friendly people online and it can be played just an hour or two a day by a middle aged couple who just want a fun pastime. I know we aren’t the core driving the change but it sure fits everything we look for in a game. In fact, it’s so good at what it does for us, it’s hard to find an alternative. We have spent hours and hours collecting animals from players who quit only to give them away to new players just starting out. The joy you can get helping out other people in this game who don’t expect it is amazing. I hope there is a place for players like us in the new Atlas because to my wife and myself, it’s a great way to spend a dark winter evening. We have been married 26yrs and playing pc computer games together the whole time. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Can anyone answer as to a date when the new map will go online? Like I went from playing 20 hours a week to it being pointless now. Tell me what date in July this update is happening please? Dates are kind of important to losers like myself who plan their lives and/or vacations around this stuff. I was stuck spending time with my wife all weekend because of this downtime. Gross. 

• Haha 1

devs said first half of july, so anytime between july 1 and july 15. I totally empathize with you on the wife thing, I was married for 6 terrible months like 20 years ago, I still have nightmares about that one.

• Haha 1

Rly curious if we get a mixed PvPvE server next month or if it stays with PvP and PVE seperate. 

Would still be nice to have some more information regarding server´s and other big changings.

But the most important question, HAVE THEY FIXED DISAPPEARING CEILING BUG?? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lordkhan4444 said:

devs said first half of july, so anytime between july 1 and july 15. I totally empathize with you on the wife thing, I was married for 6 terrible months like 20 years ago, I still have nightmares about that one.

They said between July 1 and July 15, but what year?  

Just because they gave a date, you would be an idiot if you took them at their word.  The word of a Dev, any Dev from any Game, is worthless.

its interesting reading these comments from people that haven't experienced a wipe before. this would be my 4th? idk. i quit months ago. shits funny, but i feel ya. 

im really interested in what has been proposed this time around. I think although we can all agree that the leadership for GS has failed their games community to often to count.. even though this is a little to late to bring everyone back... i think this is what we were all waiting for. "Trade Winds, Farms, Warehouses" 

now im hoping when they say "trade winds" they mean automated shipping where NPC's take the wheel, you plot their course and send it. I myself have been fighting for this since Day one. Imagine filling a galleon with goods putting an npc on the wheel, plotting the course to your warehouse islands.. putting npc's on the wheel of a war briggs and setting them to follow on the galleon... boom you got a protected merchant floatilla.  imagine the content. all player driven. would revolutionize the markets, trade, war and piracy. would revolutionize the game. 

Also like the new proposed map layout. a pvp hot spot was needed. a moderately safe zone was needed. combined with automated shipping, this will be glorious. I'm excited for the prospect but i'm sick of being disappointed. i guess we will see. if the results are as good as i hope, a lot of people will come back. 

Well a lot of us have been making game suggestions since the start, and I haven't seen any added yet. i've seen plenty of complaints by one or two people that seem to have had an affect but thats about it. I hope the new crew do listen and bring some new content to the game, cos at the moment it just looks like a big resource and island reshuffle. With no really new additions, but I will wait and see. Tbh if pve does get messed then i'll stop playing online anyway unless the pvp becomes really good. Hope they keep sp just in case.

I personally think the layout of the grid is a core component and something they need to get balanced well before too much content is added.
Fingers crossed they have an internal roadmap (safe to assume the old one is gone) they are building on so that changes such as the new map are compatible with future content.

• Like 1

There is only so many times you can rearrange furniture though before you realize you either need new furniture , new wallpaper, or a new house.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think having a new lead dev will mean a new direction (at least internally) and the route they achieve those goals will have to change to suit.
Fingers crossed the new team get to stick it out for the long haul and we get to see the realisation of their plans.

• Like 1

Nice! I smell another game is going to die until they decide to go all-in PvP.. rip Worlds Adrift .. Last Oasis.. Atlas (?)

22 hours ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

its interesting reading these comments from people that haven't experienced a wipe before. this would be my 4th? idk. i quit months ago. shits funny, but i feel ya. 

im really interested in what has been proposed this time around. I think although we can all agree that the leadership for GS has failed their games community to often to count.. even though this is a little to late to bring everyone back... i think this is what we were all waiting for. "Trade Winds, Farms, Warehouses" 

now im hoping when they say "trade winds" they mean automated shipping where NPC's take the wheel, you plot their course and send it. I myself have been fighting for this since Day one. Imagine filling a galleon with goods putting an npc on the wheel, plotting the course to your warehouse islands.. putting npc's on the wheel of a war briggs and setting them to follow on the galleon... boom you got a protected merchant floatilla.  imagine the content. all player driven. would revolutionize the markets, trade, war and piracy. would revolutionize the game. 

Also like the new proposed map layout. a pvp hot spot was needed. a moderately safe zone was needed. combined with automated shipping, this will be glorious. I'm excited for the prospect but i'm sick of being disappointed. i guess we will see. if the results are as good as i hope, a lot of people will come back. 

with new world coming in july same as there wipe the amount coming back will be very low. also will you be coming back to L7 and will there even be an L7?

3 hours ago, lordkhan4444 said:

with new world coming in july same as there wipe the amount coming back will be very low. also will you be coming back to L7 and will there even be an L7?

i won't personally be coming back hard until i see what this "trade wind" business is about. DVS my clan will though, and you might find me out in the world a few times. i still have a bad taste in my mouth from jat and dollies bullshit and whats his name, the last new lead dev dumpster fire that literally did nothing for months dude.
ive been playing star citizen and i will be playing new world when it comes out. 

Edited by Enki Anunnaki

On 6/23/2020 at 1:28 AM, Bluestone said:

However, with the uptick in activity on the forum since the recent changes and announcements I am trying to push to be more conversationally active here as well though.

@Bluestone If there's too much activity on the forum there's a certain discord moderator I could suggest who would significantly lower the numbers!

Just over a month or so since the new team joins? I doubt this new world will be any different than the last except size being cut by about half. The monthly updates coming after sounds like focusing on map change first, then fixing bugs, glitches, etc. since there is simply not enough time. Feels like a last gasp before the strategy shifts to attrition and strangulation of the playerbase in preparation to shut down entirely. The last team seemed like they were more than willing to do so.

Here's hoping they prove my negative outlook wrong.

5 hours ago, Xantria said:

Just over a month or so since the new team joins?

The new map was revealed on the 16th and the new CMs and lead dev were introduced on the 19th. Today is the 28th so it has almost been 2 weeks.

On 6/27/2020 at 6:18 AM, Slarticus said:

@Bluestone If there's too much activity on the forum there's a certain discord moderator I could suggest who would significantly lower the numbers!

Activity on the forums is great though! 😄