ATLAS

New World Map!

I see everyone implying that NA PVE is being removed permanently, and replaced with another PvP server, based off a completely vague news release that lacks details, or any semblance of the roadmap previously communicated. 

The bottom line is that this news release does not include enough information to know or understand the future plans for the server being taken down. 

Was it taken down because it was the least populated, and it is now the test server for the new map and game structure? Will there be 100% PVP, 100% PVE, or PvEvP servers brought up on official in July? We simply don’t know, and writing comments implying facts based off this news release is not very useful. 

I think I can speak for the entire community when I say the developers should write a brief follow up news release with more information. We are left with more questions than answers, and the level of communication is piss poor at best. If you are going to make zero announcements for months while working on Ark, and return to wipe a server with 24 hour notice, it sure would be nice if you had a more concrete news release with higher levels of details. Player like me dump thousands of hours of gameplay into Atlas. Is it too much to ask for a news release that takes more than 15 minutes of your time? Show us that you care. Please. 

• Like 6

We all need a very clear understanding of what this means for UNOFFICIAL SERVERS.  People that have spent good money to create communities outside of the official highly toxic ones.  I am among many players that abandon official (more than once, three times now).  I don't have much will to play now that is clear that there will be an official W word coming. 

We need a clear statement on the intent of unofficial servers.  Right now there is a giant hammer over everyones head.

• Like 1

the instant you become a PVP only or PVP centric game is the day I lose ALL interest in this game.

NOT EVERYONE LIKES PVP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

not that i think you give a damn about what your players want

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

When I first played outlaws of the old west a big tribe joined on pve, they started griefing everyone by blocking all their properties so people could not get in or out,. we all complained , especially as this group were obviously using cheats due to the amount of resources they had to grief with, from day one. The devs gave us automated replies. Then one day I go to sign in and the server is totally gone. So instead of punishing the griefers individually, they closed the whole server. same company as Atlas. As much as I think they really do have great ideas for games, I will now  never buy another one. Ea or otherwise.

So are we going to be forced to pvp?

I like just farming and sailing and stocking up to build stuff lol.

Dont wanna be forced to pvp.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, AnneBonny said:

I see everyone implying that NA PVE is being removed permanently, and replaced with another PvP server, based off a completely vague news release that lacks details, or any semblance of the roadmap previously communicated. 

The bottom line is that this news release does not include enough information to know or understand the future plans for the server being taken down. 

Was it taken down because it was the least populated, and it is now the test server for the new map and game structure? Will there be 100% PVP, 100% PVE, or PvEvP servers brought up on official in July? We simply don’t know, and writing comments implying facts based off this news release is not very useful. 

I think I can speak for the entire community when I say the developers should write a brief follow up news release with more information. We are left with more questions than answers, and the level of communication is piss poor at best. If you are going to make zero announcements for months while working on Ark, and return to wipe a server with 24 hour notice, it sure would be nice if you had a more concrete news release with higher levels of details. Player like me dump thousands of hours of gameplay into Atlas. Is it too much to ask for a news release that takes more than 15 minutes of your time? Show us that you care. Please. 

Nah, there isn’t any question about what’s going on man, if you are behind the curve I don’t k ow what to tell you.

9 hours ago, Whitehawk said:

When I first played outlaws of the old west a big tribe joined on pve, they started griefing everyone by blocking all their properties so people could not get in or out,. we all complained , especially as this group were obviously using cheats due to the amount of resources they had to grief with, from day one. The devs gave us automated replies. Then one day I go to sign in and the server is totally gone. So instead of punishing the griefers individually, they closed the whole server. same company as Atlas. As much as I think they really do have great ideas for games, I will now  never buy another one. Ea or otherwise.

Well yeah you never should buy another one. I have said for about 5 years now. They get a good idea and then they literally can’t execute it even in a sub par manner.

example:

jeremy: “let’s make a dinosaur game”

the rest of wildcard: “ok and what should we do after that”

jeremy: “I’ll let you know later”

smh to the 10th power.

I feel sorry for the people who have been actively playing all this time and are going to see their stuff deleted once more.

I'll be coming back after this new wipe to try things out. I wonder how the new map will be. But PLEASE, remove or redo the stupid discovery point system.

• Like 1

This is bullshit I don't mind server wipes but removing the North America pve server is fucked up so I would officially like to tell atlas thanks for fucking the people that don't do pvp because they don't want a ass wholes to destroy there stuff and for also fucking them because they were lead to believe that they hade a option on pvp or pve and taking there money like a fucking thief GOOD JOB THIEF'S 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

So you're killing PVE... Good job, Guys, because we all know PVE people didn't pay for the game right? Oh wait we did pay, we paid the same for it as PVP players, yet they get everything! Love that. You should issue full refund to all PVE players, because you robbed us if the game that we bought because of the PVE servers. And pushing people out to sea won't work either because you made the build limit so small. For the galleons it's disproportionate to the rest of the boats. The great thing here for me is, my hubby has been saying for months you would do something like this, but I held faith you would give PVE love. So yeah... Great. Love that. Well done, you win a car.  I can't believe I actually gave you guys my money, not just for one account but for my hubby, my daughter, my 3 nephews and my brother in law. You have just royally EFFED us all. Thanks. I think you should seriously rethink this, if you are determined them refund the people that bought the game based on the PVE online server play. Anyway, I know based on history with you guys, you will ignore the PVE community and just do whatever you want. REFUND PVE PLAYER'S. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Pooter said:

Nah, there isn’t any question about what’s going on man, if you are behind the curve I don’t k ow what to tell you.

Yes! More clarity is definitely needed.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Blackhawksrule said:

So are we going to be forced to pvp?

I like just farming and sailing and stocking up to build stuff lol.

Dont wanna be forced to pvp.

Same here. They don't care though. I only bought this game for PVE. I think they should refund us PVE guys.

The 4th Wipe...... i dont wanna play....... I only bought this game for PVE......

Edited by Blutzwente
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, Laynie said:

Same here. They don't care though. I only bought this game for PVE. I think they should refund us PVE guys.

You likely played 100s if not 1000s of hours for a one time fee, why ask for a refund if you likely spend cents per hour playing ?

There is no monthly or ingame revenue for the company that develops the game and THAT is the real problem here to be fair, if it was subscription based we would not see all the troubles we see now.

• Like 1

I understand the sign post I saw the other day now.

Was walking past a new base the other day with a sign out front which said "disgruntled NA PVE Players" now I get it... By forcing all PVE players onto one server do you think there is going to be anywhere to build when everyone floods the grids... NO! Imagine the lag this is going to cause.

If the post reads how it sounds like focusing on PVP and something more for PVE is this a response to Sea of Thieves which you've probably lost a lot of players to reading their steam reviews.

I've played each phase of this game since launch, i'm not starting from scratch again. All the time spent breeding and getting my bears stats up, wasted again...

Why do you need to wipe maps? Why cant you add servers and create a new map on them like your little ARK baby. The Island, The Center, Scorched Earth etc and you can travel between them. You've already got the Mayan / Aztec aesthetic in Atlas, you could utilize that as some sort of long lost Mayan Power which you can use to travel between them, our version of Tek which you have to unlock through end game content.

Previous experience says this is going to go like it has the past 3 times, give us a little taste, reap whatever profits and pump it into the next exp of Ark. People remember.

• Like 1

It has been my experience that a the return of the Dev team after a long absence, followed by the reduction in size of the game world is a good indication of the imminent demise of the game. 

Lets see if History does repeat itself.

I think a lot of the changes at the end of the day are gonna be decisions based solely around money. Welcome everyone to the gaming industry.

• Like 1

I spent a ridiculous amount of time grinding the NA  offiial  server.

I spread out the points of interst to keep lag down

Built a beautiful cliffside base with a gorgous view of an Asian themed lake.

A hardtack faciliy.

A brewhouse.

A petstore to assist new players

Glider platforms that allowed inter island gliding and quick on island travelling

Transport ship. Whaling ship. Discovery ship. Was starting a battleship.

Built up 90days upkeep on my flag in case real life issues interrupted playing

I motivated and assisted the settlers and was just beginng to explore the late game content. I was having fun and making friends... I was encouraging other gamers to purchase you product. I bought 2 accounts and was going to get a 3rd.

You just left me hanging. Bad. Very, very bad.

I did ALL of this thinking Id be ahead of the curve when you added some new content and popularity returned.

Why would anyone go play EU PvE, your WIPING it also, correct? ..Part 2 of your exit strategy? 

WHEN are you going to end the "pre-release" lie? Got news for ya YOUR SELLING IT TO THE PUBLIC AND IT IS THEREFORE BY DEFINITION AND ACTION RELEASED......PERIOD. CHECK A DICTIONARY.  Reword it to "pre-competence" or "functional cluster#@%!"

How many hours of playing time, playing ATLAS, does this dev team have? Gonna include that info next week? You might want to consider a person ACTUALLY USING THIS PRODUCT

Gonna tells us the EXACT F-ing plan to avoid wipes in the future?

Last thing. Is ANYONE on your staff OLD ENOUGH to remember how things went when coca cola abruptly decided to switch to "new coke"? Anyone....

Im just skimming the surface of the irreparable damage YOUR DECISIONS have created. If you list ANY GOODWILL in your accounting its fraud.

You should be ashamed of yourself. Change the warning from "pre-release" to compulive liars

Edited by Ranger1k
Becaues your company is dishonest
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, JustMe said:

You likely played 100s if not 1000s of hours for a one time fee, why ask for a refund if you likely spend cents per hour playing ?

There is no monthly or ingame revenue for the company that develops the game and THAT is the real problem here to be fair, if it was subscription based we would not see all the troubles we see now.

Because I purchased a lie. I bought this only because it has PVE if I thought down the road they would switch it PvP (which lets face it, isn't actually player v player, it's just little noobs waiting for hard working people to log off do they can take their stuff.) I would never have paid. I am not getting what I paid for. If you were promised 1 million dollars but got 10 bucks would you be happy because it's still money? I bought 7 accounts across my family, none of us PvP players. These Devs have decided to cut out half the player base, those people should get back what they paid because the company can't give the customer what they paid for. 

I hope that answers your question.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Laynie said:

Because I purchased a lie. I bought this only because it has PVE if I thought down the road they would switch it PvP (which lets face it, isn't actually player v player, it's just little noobs waiting for hard working people to log off do they can take their stuff.) I would never have paid. I am not getting what I paid for. If you were promised 1 million dollars but got 10 bucks would you be happy because it's still money? I bought 7 accounts across my family, none of us PvP players. These Devs have decided to cut out half the player base, those people should get back what they paid because the company can't give the customer what they paid for. 

I hope that answers your question.

From the information provided so far they are not removing PvE.
The last wipe they took down a cluster to use as the test server (I think it was EU PvE that time) and then after the full network wipe EU PvE was back.
So it is possible that NA PvE will be used as a test server between now and the full network wipe (apparently a PTR branch has appeared on steam too), and then it could be possible NA PvE comes back when the wipe happens in the first half of July.

All that aside for a moment the announcement is vague and not clear at all about what is happening so the confusion and frustration many feel is understandable.
Hopefully someone on the dev team will clarifying the details for the sake of the community soon.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Plenty of games arent subscription based and they DO NOT wipe or reclaim their servers. Period.

This does NOT mean I'm opposed to the idea of going subscription based.

However having to pull the servers for ANY reason demonstrates poor management at a minimum and complete incompetence at the other extreme.

If theyre borrowing it for testing why wasn't it mentioned in the news? 

Another idea is quartly-ish realease of DLC at a reasonable price providing new skins, mats, creaures and general content. Works great for a competitor of thiers...dropped 30+ on it gladly after encountering the vague double talk being masqueraded as a news release

I could fix this entire shit show.... But then theyed have to pay ME

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Ranger1k said:

Plenty of games arent subscription based and they DO NOT wipe or reclaim their servers. Period.

This does NOT mean I'm opposed to the idea of going subscription based.

However having to pull the servers for ANY reason demonstrates poor management at a minimum and complete incompetence at the other extreme.

If theyre borrowing it for testing why wasn't it mentioned in the news? 

Another idea is quartly-ish realease of DLC at a reasonable price providing new skins, mats, creaures and general content. Works great for a competitor of thiers...dropped 30+ on it gladly after encountering the vague double talk being masqueraded as a news release

I could fix this entire shit show.... But then theyed have to pay ME

I like your idea and agree with you except for this game is still in early access they still have not giving us a finished product so no way do they need to charge us more money when they can't give us a finished(ish) game that they want wipe again. GIve us that before trying to squeeze us to pay for 1 of 4 official servers monthly fees.

• Like 1

Id pay a 1 month fee right now to have whoever approved pulling the server and whoever approved that Orwellin news release walk the plank

• Thanks 2

Please show some support to the tough love post i placed under meet the Devs.

Thank you

Ranger1k