ATLAS

New World Map!

I was hoping for one last trip out on the seas before all my hard work was just gone ~ You couldn’t give us a warning way earlier than the day before? Y’all knew of this awhile ago if the new world map is suppose to come out next month and you let all us keep on going building boats, bases, farming, etc. for you to give us one day with no clear time of when you were taking na pve down ~

I’ve defended this game many times but this is just a really crummy way to treat NA players 😞 ~ I don’t mind the wipe I’m bothered by us getting one day and not being told we only had one day because the message we were given wasn’t clear ~

Also I hope after the new world map comes out we are not expected to play on EU but from what I read it’s looking that way ~ 

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Thervain said:

May I say they never said they were scrapping pve completely. They are taking down the na server to begin changing pve completely. As far as the wipe, YAY! Maybe I can actually explore some of the islands that the over builders lag me out of. Seriously, y'all want to stay on land, breed animals and build unnecessary buildings go to ARK. Let Atlas be for the pirates and explorers. 

I am looking forward to seeing the changes as they come out. Part of playing an unfinished game. Minecraft used to change every week. Ark changed a lot as it developed. If you seriously built massive structures on a game that is a pre-release and you're getting upset because it's getting wiped go play a finished game...

While they said that they would be taking PvE in another direction, I am almost certain the NA PvE server was not taken down to work on any PvE content. From reading their announcement (which isn't exactly clear and I think purposely worded to be this way), it seems obvious to me that they are using what hosted the NA PvE server to now host their new map, which from their verbiage sounds like it is going to be a PvP server. They will need a server to host this new map, yes? While I'd love to believe they're taking NA PvE down to work on PvE, it seems clear that's not the case at all.

The thing is, their announcement is a far cry from clear and I hate to say it, rather than being clear, we are left reading between the lines.

To me it seems clear they are essentially sacrificing their NA PvE community not to benefit them (the NA PvE community), but rather, to benefit the NA PvP community with this new map. I quote: "ATLAS' grander plan is to focus on PVP..." ..."with an eye towards breaking out PVE play into something else..." These words tell me they are solely focused on PvP right now, not PvE. And honestly, there is no other explanation for taking NA PvE down other than they need it to host their new PvP map.

Having said this, I too am looking forward to changes and I completely understand this is an early access game and I fully expect wipes, changes large and small, etc. However, for those, such as myself, who do not enjoy PvP, having our North American server taken away and given to the PvP community without any real explanation nor statement in regards to what direction they intend to take in respect to PvE play is a real kick in the teeth. It feels as though they've pretty said, "screw you... we could care less about you".

Could I be wrong? Could it be that they are taking NA PvE down to work on PvE? Anything is possible. But I highly doubt it.

• Like 2

This is the last straw for me. You guys promised last wipe that it wouldn't happen again so on that I spent hundreds of hours collecting gold maximizing my favorite ship all to have it wiped... This is a huge middle finger to everyone who doesn't want to do the PVP nonsense. Nothing that comes out of your mouth is believable at this point.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

You know, I am happy to finally have an update of some sort, and kind of excited to see where things go from here...

But I’ve been a fan of this studio since Ark launched and I cannot help but feel hurt and frustrated by the lack of communication. I don’t understand why you’re so unwilling to even drop hints on what’s happening. I honestly thought you’d abandoned this project entirely. Does it really have to be this way?

Edited by CyanicEmber
  • Like 2

@ATLAS News please put the NA server back up for a couple days so we can take some screenshots at least. You have my money and 1200+hrs of my family’s time invested. I would like to be able to post at least something positive about the way you have handled this.

Thank you,
Gomez

• Like 2

Anything that unclogs freeport of PVP knob stashing would be appreciated. 

• Like 1

PUrge # 4 I think,  I lost count,,, I told you guys way back when u purge for xbox that you better not do it again

Edited by Sageburner
  • Like 1

I want to point out that last wipe, when they implemented cross play, they did say it was the last time. The overbuilding on many islands became a problem since console players would lag out constantly. Players who spent the same amount of money could not enjoy half the gameplay. There is absolutely no need for large massive structures on PVE. If you want to build fortresses on PVE go play Conan. At least they have an NPC army that attacks your fortresses. 

Well,  in regards of the wipe  as much as i hate to put salt in the wound it was evident the direction in wich this game was going, the moment they introduced decay timers i knew that they were not considering player's time investment something valuable, so as much as i critise their (many.. many) wrongdoings i think this one is on the community, you sinned from innocence while having clear indicators of the truth.

That said, what they have done to PVE NA surprised even myself, honestly i cannot imagine how pissed i would be if i was still an active player and they pulled that one on me, my best advice is to use that anger you must be feeling right now as fuel to detox yourself from this game and give yourself the chance to know the many great games that are waiting for you out there, i know you will be reluctant at first but eventually you will be able to not look back.

I guess this is just one more sad history that narrates the results of what the current gaming industry is becoming, but let it be a reminder as to why we should be more critic than ever, and not to fall into customer complacency and medicority.

Tbh they should keep their word. People came back to it and played it for the first time because of the promises they made. But the xbox players imo got shafted the most as Atlas on xbox was far more expensive than on pc and for a lesser version of the game. Which I don't think is fair. I'm gutted about this new move because I had high hopes for Atlas as I have bought and played all their other games and still do. Even though they seem to just get left for ages, this company do have some brilliant ideas, but I don't know if they just get bored or something.

• Like 1

As for the wipe, well they did that 3 times and with the xbox launch had the oppurtunity to keep their players, add new ones and make any changes that would be major, they chose not to. They promised no more wipes too. How many chances should you give a company to get something right? As for the early access, well dark and light came out 3 years ago and it is still in early access. Early access should have a pre agreed time limit imo. And like I say they could not have chosen a worse time for themselves to mess up. 2 gamestation releases and new mmo's all in the same year and consumers with less money to spend. Sad, Atlas is a game with so much potential, but they need someone who knows how to steer the ship.

I've played since launch.  I started with friends on pvp  server and they couldn't take the game. I switched and went solo on pve. I have played a lot steam says 1,0071 hours at this moment. I have dealt with all the problems this game has to offer along with all of you. I really enjoy the persistant open world sand box game. There is not much else out there like it. Ark/Conan I believe are about it and I couldn't get into either. This game could be a great pve game but now you want to gut it. I hope you change your minds. Cause to be honest I don't see you keeping or bringing in much more of a pvp crowd now that sea of thieves is on steam. You could have a great game here listen to what people want cause I think  if you cut out 2 servers from running its da money your running out and your trying to figure out how to cut cost. Not toimprove the map to improve our game play.

On 6/15/2020 at 10:06 PM, Percieval said:

What are you gonna try out? Nothing changed in 3 months only a clean server because it costs too much money. 

How dare you! This time they really really really mean it! Pinky promise! 😉

On 6/15/2020 at 10:18 PM, Bluestone said:

One option is to wait until the game is finished and out of early access before playing. That way the chances of your progress being removed is severely reduced.
Unfortunately, when early access is treated as it should be, a process of change and development for a game, then such things as wipes and lost progress do happen.

Like this game will ever make it out of EA. And stop talking about development. A cheap powerpoint presentation about a roadmap you never followed isn't called development. Check the patchnotes of the last year.

Edited by Grongash

21 hours ago, BrewOperator said:

While they said that they would be taking PvE in another direction, I am almost certain the NA PvE server was not taken down to work on any PvE content. From reading their announcement (which isn't exactly clear and I think purposely worded to be this way), it seems obvious to me that they are using what hosted the NA PvE server to now host their new map, which from their verbiage sounds like it is going to be a PvP server. They will need a server to host this new map, yes? While I'd love to believe they're taking NA PvE down to work on PvE, it seems clear that's not the case at all.

The thing is, their announcement is a far cry from clear and I hate to say it, rather than being clear, we are left reading between the lines.

To me it seems clear they are essentially sacrificing their NA PvE community not to benefit them (the NA PvE community), but rather, to benefit the NA PvP community with this new map. I quote: "ATLAS' grander plan is to focus on PVP..." ..."with an eye towards breaking out PVE play into something else..." These words tell me they are solely focused on PvP right now, not PvE. And honestly, there is no other explanation for taking NA PvE down other than they need it to host their new PvP map.

Having said this, I too am looking forward to changes and I completely understand this is an early access game and I fully expect wipes, changes large and small, etc. However, for those, such as myself, who do not enjoy PvP, having our North American server taken away and given to the PvP community without any real explanation nor statement in regards to what direction they intend to take in respect to PvE play is a real kick in the teeth. It feels as though they've pretty said, "screw you... we could care less about you".

Could I be wrong? Could it be that they are taking NA PvE down to work on PvE? Anything is possible. But I highly doubt it.

NA PvE is being removed, everything else is getting wiped. There won't be an old and new map, just the new map. So all servers and even single player will be wiped. This is what the following sentence from the announcement means: "Bringing a new World Map online will require a complete reset of the system, something we don’t take lightly. ".

1 hour ago, Grongash said:

Like this game will ever make it out of EA. And stop talking about development. A cheap powerpoint presentation about a roadmap you never followed isn't called development. Check the patchnotes of the last year.

You are right it may never leave EA. I only mean development in the sense that its an unfinished game currently.

I'm actually glad for this happening.
After the previous wipe, me and my guys from ARK came here to play on EU PVE, we basically played for about 2 months. In that time we claimed a big island, tamed and bred above average animals for us to use, we built up a fancy base, we collected all the gems, and then killed the Kraken, then collected the 2nd set of gems again, then killed the snowman, and then the Kraken on hard, and did all the quests except for the rejuvenation. So we basically completed the game. We stopped playing. After a few weeks we logged in to see all our animals died of starvation, we gave the island to our allies and never looked back.

Now that we got these news, we are waiting for the new map to arrive, and we will come back to try it out, and for this I'm glad. I quite liked the game, the setting, the sailing, but there is not much content yet, this is why we probably finished so quickly... So I'm glad this is happening, and that I will sail the seas once again and hopefully find something new!

As a feedback though, a mixed PVE world with some PVP grids would be fun! I wouldnt like PVP because I dont want to log in to see my base destroyed and animals killed while I was offline, but some place to do PVP ship battles, now that would be fun (especially if there was some incentive too).
Also: Give us more info! 😄

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Batza said:

NA PvE is being removed, everything else is getting wiped. There won't be an old and new map, just the new map. So all servers and even single player will be wiped. This is what the following sentence from the announcement means: "Bringing a new World Map online will require a complete reset of the system, something we don’t take lightly. ".

Right. I understood that they will be wiping all servers as well. My wording was perhaps also not entirely clear. I was speculating as to the reasoning behind completely removing the NA PvE server. I do know that each grid is essentially it's own server, so will this new map have more grids than the old map? Are they unwilling/unable to pay for more servers to support those extra grids? Did they decide to sacrifice the NA PvE server to support this new map as they concentrate only on PvP content? If this is the case, that means the servers that were used for NA PvE would now go to NA PvP (I can't imagine them adding NA servers/grids to EU PvE). If that's the case then as I stated, NA PvE is truly being sacrificed for PvP.

I hope that makes some sense.

There must be a reason for completely removing the NA PvE server and the above reasons are what I suspect. Leaving a European server as the only option for PvE players feels like a complete abandonment of the PvE community for the sake of working on PvP, as they clearly stated is now their sole focus.

Do you think they've taken NA PvE down as the first server they will be implementing these changes to and we will see it put back up? Since they were so unclear, anything seems possible, but I personally don't think so. I think they needed server space for these new changes (new map while they concentrate on PvP content) and rather than purchasing new servers they sacrificed the NA PvE servers.

Just my two cents. Since they are unclear and refuse to answer questions, it's all speculation.

On 6/15/2020 at 3:06 PM, Nicoli613 said:

The wipe doesn't bother me. A new map will be interesting. 

I am concerned by the move to sole focus on PVP. What is this 'breakaway' PVE play that's something else and requires only one server? It's crowded enough as is.... 

I so totally agree with you, a lot of my friends have been saying the very same thing that you are saying, this game I bought for the PVE aspect as well as the sailing aspect I do not DO pvp  so if the devs are going to baby the pvp'ers and ignore the pve'ers  then I would like a refund please because I am one of the many that you just wiped without warning and told that I have now got to go to an EU server as there are no more NA servers, what is that? A lot of people, including myself, feel cheated devs and I am one that not only raves good about Atlas game but encourages others to buy it but now I am not so sure, this is just sad and mean. Love the idea of a new map but not an EU server. As a pve player I feel left out in the cold by you guys and, I am not alone.

On 6/16/2020 at 4:32 PM, Keksimus Maximus said:

Just my imaginative hunch, but I have a feeling that this new map is going to have PVE and PVP elements combined into one. Perhaps some parts of the map will be PVE, and majority parts PVP.

Why would they do this if you ask me? They want to combine what's left of the population and save more money from server hosting. 🤣

I was thinking the same, and I would be a huge advocate for PvEvP. I’d love to not have to worry about my base being raided in a PvE zone, but still have the ability to go to a PvP zone to fight. Many private servers follow this model, and I am currently starting up on one until the wipe since I am a NA PVE player. 

Edited by AnneBonny

It really boil down to this:

They gave Na pve players 1 day notice, and then they removed the server. They weren't even clear on this in their post, i thought

they ment Na pve servers will be taken down when new map arrives, that is how i interpreted this.

The total lack of info is one thing, but the way u did it its what i put the question mark on. Are u so arrogant ?

Do u not see what people on here have put into this game, time and i bet ppl was also planing to build new stuff and maybe do the Kraken for a last time.

i would have tolerated u removing the server when the new map arrived, and then viped everything, if u needed server space why couldn't u have rented it

for 21 days so u could test that new map of yours or a little longer, instead of stepping on/ignoring/gutting/whatever the NA pve comunity. Do u really feel that the cost on that is more worth than the players that plays/played on there ?

U could have given NA pve server 1 month or aprox, but u basicaly raised the middle finger on them.

With all this beeing said, u caould have done this entirly different and still gotten the community on your side.

I would and many with me either quit or take a loooong break. 

Have a good one.

Edited by Lazsa