ATLAS

New World Map!

It's deja vu all over again. - Yogi Berra

1 yr. ago - We have a new roadmap so you're not getting anything new for 6 months and we're going to wipe all the servers, but there will not be any more wipes.  Oh, and screw you NA Pve.

Dev team disappears to work on another game for 6 months.

Today - Roadmap  What roadmap?  Who needs a roadmap?  We have a new map instead.  And another wipe, and PVE, you're not going to get anything until we finish developing the pvp game, which we've already been ignoring for a year.  That goes double for YOU, NA PVE, you red-headed stepchild.  Enjoy your shutdown, and stop whining, we already told you we aren't working on your game anymore anyway.

So glad I left.  Wish I hadn't popped back to the forums to see if a miracle had occurred and they'd turned this into a real game yet.  Oh well, 37 days to go, and then it'll be a whole New World.

I'm excited about some of this. Mostly that it sounds like they are working on their staffing issues, etc. I love Atlas and just came back after a break of several months. I have little interest in PvP however, and find that I'm highly disappointed that the NA PvE server will be non-existent now. Doing something different with PvE seems fine - I'd be excited to see how things develop, but why on earth must you leave a European server as the only option for PvE? I have a beast of a PC, but none of that will help a crappy ping. Very disappointed and I'm now unsure if I should even bother logging back in. I feel a bit sad. I just tamed an awesome bear last night (still just starting out) and woke up excited to check on him and move forward, but meh... might not even log in now. :( I guess it's time to buy Fallout 76 and wait things out for the New World release. Was putting that off because I was having so much fun playing Atlas. :(

They think they are automatically forgiven now a new map comes out :classic_laugh:

I have not forgotten how bad you treated the community nor have I forgotten that you left Atlas to rot while you went to work on Ark where the team was supposed to have been split between the two games.

Forget any free hat or costume that you are going to give us when you update it, that will not work on me I'm afraid, it's long past that time for cosmetic bribes.

A new map with the same mechanics and same ships will not bring me back, I will come back when you make it the pirate game it should be and not before. You should be ashamed of yourselves @Dollie  good game devs communicate with their customers, not leave them without information for months. The damage has been done to you, I'm keen to see how many come back, I bet not as many as you think.

Ok. Incoming stupid question... Does "Bringing a new World Map online will require a complete reset of the system" mean that all servers will be wiped? 

I've been playing around on Xbox SP for the past couple of months and jumped in solo on PVE EU on the weekend. I've got a foothold with some space around me on a small island on lawless B6. Wondering if it's worth carrying on if they're going to wipe the server next month.

Thanks

11 hours ago, Pooter said:

You probably should have been smarter earlier on then. Smh

Just as smart as all the fuckers who were just complaining for no apparent reason? Yeah right. 

I will try to make a comment without choosing sides.
I understand the company side. I also have a small game studio here in Brazil, and I've been struggling for a long time to try to get somewhere. I understand that when we make a product available to customers it becomes vulnerable to all types of criticism.
If I take into account your current product, the Atlas game, we can see the size of this game's ambition. He doesn't have a single defined audience, he has many defined audiences. The feature of this game goes beyond a simple survival game, it has a little bit of several game genres.

Being such a broad product, covering so many types of audiences is clearly a double-edged sword. You earn in quantity of target audience, you gain in quantity of members in a community and of course you gain in quantity of sales.
On the other hand, you get an absurd responsibility, I'm not just talking about the number of people, the responsibility is mainly with diversity. Diversity of the target audience, which, as we have seen, are many. They are people who like PVP games, people who like PVE games, people who like to raise animals, cultivate their farms, who like adventure and hunt for treasures or else who simply like to battle and create chaos. The responsibility of a game that put all these types of people in one place is to keep as many of them satisfied as possible.

I'm a game developer, I'm an entrepreneur and being both at the same time I feel the pain that you took for yourself when you decided to create this game. You need to keep everyone satisfied, you need to keep their satisfaction out of the game, with a heterogeneous community. In addition, they need to maintain the health of the studio, the staff. Anyway. I really understand. Perhaps not in your magnetism but partially.

The company behind the Atlas game, already has experience in this segment. With the ARK game, this should make things easier, because the ARK game has a lot of similarity to gender, target audience and mainly community. From a commercial point of view, the team behind Atlas must already have enough experience not to make the same and exact mistakes already made in the ARK game.

More is not what I have witnessed since I decided to play this game. Speaking now from the client and player point of view. I was also an ARK player, I am well aware of the problems already faced by the ARK gaming community. So I will be very punctual and point you in the right direction for your failure in both games!

1 - You, as a company, do not know how to take care of the gaming community. Understand that a criticism can be reversed with a simple answer. The Community is made up of people and deep down what matters to people is to know that they are not alone. It is knowing that there are employees listening to them and mainly that their criticisms are being evaluated.
Remember the following: If someone is taking the time to write for you, it is because they care. That person stopped everything he was doing to take the time to talk to you. This is no small thing. That person pays the game, that person influences the other person. That person, that single person being quantified as a unit, is important.

2- You like the game. Atlas: 
You need to understand once and for all that the people who are playing, those who are enjoying the time of their lives in the ATLAS world, are people of different genres. You need to learn to understand the gender difference that this game consists of and you must understand that this must be the person who will define your success or failure. The discussion you need to focus on is not whether the game is PVP, PVE or whether it is to farm or raise animals, etc. The discussion is: How can I balance all this mechanics so that everyone feels at ease.
You will never be able to please everyone, but being halfway there, balancing things out is great. This means that they are trending, learning from their mistakes and evolving. The community of players watches, absorbs and, oddly enough, they seem to understand!

3 - Transparency. Everyone knows that the game is having difficulties, it is incredible to see that we are still here with all the problems of the company and also with the game. But we're here, right? This must be taken into account. This means that it is important to share the truth with the community. I can play a game that is struggling to stay active. I can't pay more or play more of my life in a game I don't know in the future. When your problems became problems in the community, you automatically gained new problems, the obligation to share solutions with everyone. I know it is difficult, but the world has never been easy.

Finishing: Advice: Take care of the community, be transparent with us and, mainly, respond. We have wonderful ideas for the game, we play it every day, so give it to us as a test player. Evaluate our opinions and put our advice into practice. You will not gain anything by closing your eyes and doing crazy things that reach the ceiling. You obviously have a huge need to identify the problems in the game, but that is not a problem, because we are here, we are identifying them for you. You just need to swallow your pride and use all the information obtained through our gaming experience to improve it. This is Community! GoodLoock!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Bluestone said:

One option is to wait until the game is finished and out of early access before playing. That way the chances of your progress being removed is severely reduced.
Unfortunately, when early access is treated as it should be, a process of change and development for a game, then such things as wipes and lost progress do happen.

LOL  This is an exit strategy, not a continuing to work on the game move.  They never recovered from their botched launch,  now it's a matter of server cost reduction. The reality is, the game is probably as fixed  as it ever will be.  If this was them working on the game,  there would be new content.   new ships to build ,  new monsters /achievements.  If they weren't giving up on the game ,  they would be doing what Ark does to get new revenue.   I say all this as someone who has been through this with several other early access games,  I would love to be wrong .. but when you have been through it multiple times before , you learn the patterns.   

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Zenaris said:

Looking forward to the new map. Just wanted to give my two cents on updates moving forward.

I think it would be a good idea to cut down on tames and land defenses in general. Walking up onto someone's island and getting blasted by puckles hidden in trees/bushes is NOT fun gameplay whatsoever. Players have war times if they want to defend their island, they don't need tames and NPCs to do it for them. Let companies fight on their own with only player versus player, and no NPCs involved. NPCs should stay on ships.

Melee and ranged combat in general needs a total rework. Everything feels way too clunky and slow with how it works right now. Players should have full freedom of movement without being slowed or stopped when attacking, and that would make land combat way more interesting and fun.

A focus on sea content is great! Land content has been a focus for way too long. Solo and small groups definitely still need some PvE content though. In fact, treasure maps seriously need to be looked at in general. I think it would be beneficial to have treasure maps only send players to LAWLESS zones instead of claimable islands, due to the above issues I mentioned.

The only real PvE content we get is with Army/Ship of the Damned. It would cool to have some island dedicated to raids, where players could land on them and fight NPC pirates. No building allowed. Ships of the Damned should also allow players to board and fight the NPCs, rather than only fighting with cannons. Boarding ships in PvP is some of the most fun and engaging content in the game, and we definitely need more of it!

That's about all I have to say. I hope to see the fundamentals of this game turned upside on their head for a better experience altogether. The game could really use a refresher.

Your two cents wasn't worth the time it took you to type it, and certainly not two cents.  NPC's and Tames bridge the disadvantage of a small company versus a big company.  If the devs  implemented your suggestion ... PVE servers would turn into mega companies owning island and every small company  would be kept in the stone age.   NPC's and tames are still disadvantage to actual players but it helps keep things from being as unbalanced as they would be with out them. 

I  think I'm just gonna wait till they actually finish this game and make a full release (if it ever happens), then see for myself what ATLAS is finally is. haha :classic_laugh:

Unless this is the "change" that finally puts this game in the right direction, it's gonna be an endless cycle of  "Sorry, new plans,  new staff, see you next wipe".

This is also going to be the last time I'll buy Early Access from Wildcard/Grapeshot game, or any subsidiaries. All my friends felt the same after this Atlas shitfest and we'll be more than glad to spread the word.

Lets hope this new dev team are professional and we have a real community manager that actually engages the community rather than @Dollie the useless poor excuse of a community manager not engaging with rational questions and enquiries into the state of the game the previous team was beyond useles giving out bans to players with no explanation as to why but i have a little hope as this will be their final chance from most people so it will be important to get it right all we ask for is active engagement with community and that problems ingame get resolved asap  also i would suggest getting rid of the discord moderators they where and still are the cause of alot of friction with the community i myself was banned for posting a pig emote by birdy dj which set me off on a path of being anti dev and moderators it will not help the community grow and creates a negative feeling towards Grapeshot 

So when is this suppose to happen. Just need to know when I can't play this game anymore. PVE is half the user base of this game. Why don't you people emulate a game that it's tried and true like WOW. PVE open world with a pvp dungeon or something so people could have both without leaving a server. Seriously yeah can I get my money back. Going to find another pirate mmo . Think steam has a rival one. Absolute crap all this time getting tames and building a nice base to lose it all and not be able to play anymore nice work. Yeah bad reviews coming on steam for sure.

8 hours ago, Bluestone said:

What would you like help with lol 😛

What?

Do you even play this game, mate?

1 hour ago, amaree said:

Your two cents wasn't worth the time it took you to type it, and certainly not two cents.  NPC's and Tames bridge the disadvantage of a small company versus a big company.  If the devs  implemented your suggestion ... PVE servers would turn into mega companies owning island and every small company  would be kept in the stone age.   NPC's and tames are still disadvantage to actual players but it helps keep things from being as unbalanced as they would be with out them. 

I take it you havent played na pve. You must have played ark thinking that. The na community is and always be the best community of any game i have ever played. Deleting it will cause them to divide destroying the community I've grown and love. P.s. thank you grapeshot for unblocking me you sorry ass clowns.

Why not open the north borders on NA pve so we can sail to EU pve, one way street?

this game has huge potential, glad to see it gets some well deserved attention from qualified developers.

By Dollie , 26,September 2019          We have opted for a rolling start in order to facilitate the best experience possible for all players on PC and Xbox. Beginning with this sole network allows us to monitor performance, make any technical adjustments necessary and resolve issues prior to the full Crossplay rollout on the 8th of October. 

Our decision to wipe the Networks was not made lightly and involved much deliberation and factoring in of technical aspects and the impact on our current PC players. We have made big changes to the game under the hood, revamped the world map with the addition of over 70 new, unique island templates, as well as some considerable optimization changes and limits put in place which required a full data wipe.

After these sets of changes, we do not plan to wipe the network again, even with the introduction of additional platforms and new areas & islands further down our development timeline. We value and appreciate the time spent on the game and the only reason we carry out these wipes is after exhausting all possible alternatives and when they become a necessity.

We truly appreciate all the support and feedback you’ve given us over the last few months and we’re excited to welcome new (as well as old) players onto the ATLAS!

Not a year has passed and you erase the Server 👎

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Percieval said:

Not a year has passed and you erase the Server 👎

They are also reducing the hosting cost by 25%.  Its kind of obvious that the dev's have accepted that the player base didn't warrant 900 servers.  The PVE NA has the less average number of players.

22 hours ago, Drako said:

Yeah, this sucks. But its an early access. Not a finished game like ARK. They can do whatever they want.

Let me clarify Ark at its point in development like atlas did not wipe as often and grapeshot should have learned from ark that wiping especially how sudden and wording in post that we will not have NA Pve  server yet has caused an outrage if they were to do was keep this server around and just bring a new map up with a new server  then it wouldn’t have pissed off the entire community . now if they are adding new structures tames items ships I get the wipe  but if your just introducing a map they should have just left old servers alone  because then people will migrate at there own time then eventually just close the old one down like ark did with legacy. Servers  and as a company trying to make there game popular wiping only makes people less likely to play at all or even if they were to keep there characters but ultimately I like atlas better then ark my only grudge is for them to higher level cap  on tames and ethier fix some treasure maps that spawn on pillars that are unreachable and maybe add some more water tames or flyers but ultimately up to dev on what to do 

1 hour ago, Pattus said:

They are also reducing the hosting cost by 25%.  Its kind of obvious that the dev's have accepted that the player base didn't warrant 900 servers.  The PVE NA has the less average number of players.

And why is that?

6 hours ago, Captain J said:

Ok. Incoming stupid question... Does "Bringing a new World Map online will require a complete reset of the system" mean that all servers will be wiped? 

I've been playing around on Xbox SP for the past couple of months and jumped in solo on PVE EU on the weekend. I've got a foothold with some space around me on a small island on lawless B6. Wondering if it's worth carrying on if they're going to wipe the server next month.

Thanks

Unless you want to test some aspect of the game mechanics, you might as well stop playing now.  All servers will be wiped in a few weeks, and the NA PvE server will be removed completely.

So, Just confirming:

You guys lied when you said it was the final wipe in September.

The pops are so low you're desperately trying to

A. Fuck over the people who actually enjoy, and are playing your game now.

B. Draw people back because the pops are low as ****

P.S. Will never return after wipe, or ever spend another dollar towards Snail Games, any of the subsidiaries, sister companies, etc.

And look they still quiet while to community rages... Precious little birches hiding safely behind their monitor screens... You must need your personal space and feel the community needs another 2 month time out for being in a rouse. Eh, it's ok grapeshot we know you gonna keep lying to us and fucking us. Hell my asshole pretty raw from it.

You know they have faith in the patch when they preemptively shut down all other forums to avoid the backlash.

There are more classy ways to say F*** YOU to the community that purchased your product.

cheers