ATLAS

New World Map!

Totally not okay with this... we have put so much work in just to be told that it was a waste. Haven't been able to do any content yet, and I guess we are not going to be able to now. If I wanted to PvP guess where I would be... on the NA PvP server.

Edited by FireAshes
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is very disheartening.  After so much farming, island claiming, building, and working toward endgame.  Just to watch the server you play on to be sunsetted for no real reason.  Why should we have to start over for another server to be added makes no sense.  No reward in it for what we have already done.  People have spent thousands of hours in the game doing what they have enjoyed.  Now everything they have worked for will be lost.  That is very sad.

• Like 2

Na pve apocalyptic party at 07 bring all your tames. And Fuck dem devs boi!!!!

Edited by Zuvell

Ok devs, how are you planning on compensating all of your na PVE players, I'm sure that many people on that server are like my company and play multiple games together, we also have hundreds of hours invested in buildings tames and resources. oh, I understand the game is still in pre-release but all you're going to do by wiping out that server is continue to drive a wedge between your company and the players, That you need to be successful as people who want to buy and play your game. My personal opinion you should just except the expense of starting another server for your new map. And just incase you missed it in dozens of other post, pvp is not the only game mode that your players are interested in.

Edited by EDGE EXILEDWATERS
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Looking forward to the new map. Just wanted to give my two cents on updates moving forward.

I think it would be a good idea to cut down on tames and land defenses in general. Walking up onto someone's island and getting blasted by puckles hidden in trees/bushes is NOT fun gameplay whatsoever. Players have war times if they want to defend their island, they don't need tames and NPCs to do it for them. Let companies fight on their own with only player versus player, and no NPCs involved. NPCs should stay on ships.

Melee and ranged combat in general needs a total rework. Everything feels way too clunky and slow with how it works right now. Players should have full freedom of movement without being slowed or stopped when attacking, and that would make land combat way more interesting and fun.

A focus on sea content is great! Land content has been a focus for way too long. Solo and small groups definitely still need some PvE content though. In fact, treasure maps seriously need to be looked at in general. I think it would be beneficial to have treasure maps only send players to LAWLESS zones instead of claimable islands, due to the above issues I mentioned.

The only real PvE content we get is with Army/Ship of the Damned. It would cool to have some island dedicated to raids, where players could land on them and fight NPC pirates. No building allowed. Ships of the Damned should also allow players to board and fight the NPCs, rather than only fighting with cannons. Boarding ships in PvP is some of the most fun and engaging content in the game, and we definitely need more of it!

That's about all I have to say. I hope to see the fundamentals of this game turned upside on their head for a better experience altogether. The game could really use a refresher.

Edited by Zenaris

I honestly don't give a rat's ass about PVP. I play the game for the building and farming and community with friends. Soooooo, good luck with taking all that out to try to jump on [GENERIC PVP GAME] number 3,401. I respect the folks for whom that is a focus and wish them the best of luck. But it looks like those of us who aren't those guys aren't welcome.

Ah well. Not like there is a shortage of building survival games. They  just don't usually have such nice beaches.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

When we said  we wished the devs cared about the game we meant literally anything but destroying it.

Wish the devs had stayed gone

Hey, they can't run 225 servers on PVE for less than that number of players.  No longer sustainable, good decision.  I am unsure how what remains of the community are going to migrate to higher latency EU server OR PVP NA.   There is one thing GREAT about the wipe of PVP Official.  All of the companies that have wiped mine completely off the server multiple times, LOSE EVERYTHING... BAAAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!

yeah I agree, all they need to do is make the islands mostly small just enough for a small company, and then make lots more islands so there are plenty to go around then make only one island per company. this alone will force people out into the oceans more cos there literally isnt any land.

Another thing that would be amazing is NPC trade routes, goto a free port, talk to a trader NPC and he gives you a pack for gold that you need to haul to another free port, the further away that free port is the more rewards and loot you get for your trouble, the more packs you take the more risk, this would let people actually pirate propperly with haulers hauling goods, Id also lock some really good if not the best blue prints behind this mechanic to make sure people are haulingstuff and putting those hauls at risk on the ocean.

• Thanks 1

Well, this was one way to get me back to the forums.  sure hope we get some more details about this new server and it's system soon.

Are they wiping all servers or just dropping NA PVE?

4 hours ago, Percieval said:

I was never salty until I found out the devs left this game for dead to work on ARK genesis. Since then I’ve been shitting on the development of this game. 

The game is in a good state, don’t get me wrong. There aren’t that many game breaking bugs. But they have missed the jump to the boat. I’m not gonna return until I see new ships (I believe stage 2 on the roadmap). Whahah, the roadmap. 

You probably should have been smarter earlier on then. Smh

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SpeedyStar said:

This sucks all this work for it to be wiped  why don’t keep the servers up like legacy like what’s point of playing now when all progress will be wiped people have lives you know they don’t just play atlas

we are tester man its part of the deal thats why the game is not too pricey. we have to expect to loose all our work until the game is completed. i just hope we will have a kraken bowl again XD

5 hours ago, Bluestone said:

One option is to wait until the game is finished and out of early access before playing. That way the chances of your progress being removed is severely reduced.
Unfortunately, when early access is treated as it should be, a process of change and development for a game, then such things as wipes and lost progress do happen.

Blue stone we all know it’s a early access and in development but still if your not adding in knew items slash structures boats it kind of pointless to wipe you are only killing your player base as it is if you would keep the servers as they are and open up a new map  do like ark did with legacy  people would migrate in there own time and you would piss off your entire base with one post do you know what happened to Gorgons gaze community there in a uproar they made events  that keep people coming every week and twice a week cause there’s one at each side of the map on different days from boat races to raffles to player made treasure hunts shops that sell tames bps to everything under the sun but the post saids your moving away from pve what does that mean eu servers are trash for anyone who plays in North America and South America it’s double the ping regardless plus the two communities are big enough as is funneling them into one server is ludicrous 

• Like 2

For those that arent die hard pvp fans and don't want our base wiped every night PLEASE KEEP ATLEAST ONE PVE SERVER! don't dig ur own grave 

"You people" need to really do a lot to save this game including pushing it on stores like EPIC with lots of free weekends. You need to have cross platform support where possible (PVE for example) while pushing VR. You also need to take aspects of Ark that people seriously enjoy but do everything you can to rid the game of what we hate about Ark and Atlas. 

Things like ocean platforms similar to Ark would be genius (not sure if this is in your plans) because yeah, the land thing really sucks and this is one game where you can do away with it. Frankly I'm not even sure people should be allowed to build on land to begin with (rework taming and what not).

I've never seen such a horrible launch but that was a long time ago. You need to not be WildCard, you need to be something better. Unlike Ark, you have a niche thats a lot harder to fill here.

God speed! 

4 hours ago, SpeedyStar said:

Blue stone we all know it’s a early access and in development

Many seem to forget, so my comment was to assist them with making a decision whether to play now or wait 🙂

• Thanks 1

What else do people forget? I wonder why you are not commenting on other posts to assist the many with making decisions on whether to play?

9 minutes ago, eeeceee said:

What else do people forget? I wonder why you are not commenting on other posts to assist the many with making decisions on whether to play?

What would you like help with lol 😛

Playing more at sea? Why should I ATM? With loot Tables as they are for flotsam and SotD (Which can't be that hard to fix) and worse XP, gain the only reason (PVE) is hauling stuff, dicoveries or to get a lucky drop from SotD. Regarding the new map, with diminishing player base, it's probably be either smaller or even something like "Blackwood Plus". I really like the setting, put I don't like the "we want you to play at seas, but we won't make sea-life better, only land life worse" feeling i've got with the announcement

me and the company i played with have been on since launch and yes we get that EA means things like this will happen but the last wipe made things worse not better, launching on console with such poor optimization was a mistake that screamed "cash grab". the player base was already dwindling due to the various bugs and exploits on both PvP and PvE that never got addressed e.g. the bug were ceiling tiles and anything attached to them would randomly disappear if you removed something either by picking it up or demoing it yet you chose to prop up the player base with cross-play only now to have the NA-PvE be turned off completely means a fare chunk of the player base on PC will not be able to play as the EU ping is to big not to mention the issues console players would have trying to play, this game had some much potential and it has been wasted on re-skinned assets from ARK, i get it you saved money by doing so but with todays game engines it could have been so much more and they player base would have been a lot better, don't get me wrong i enjoyed playing the game and like many learn to work with the short comings of this game but looking back at the last "road map" which phase is this? phase 1? no mention of a focus on PvP or reduction of play ability for those that want to play PvE or is this a new "road map"? so we can ignore the last "road map"? or is this phase 4 which mentions the word world? if it is phase 4 then what happened to the other phases? no new ships, no changes to skills and combat, unless you take the player skill cap reduction, oh good job on making it harder for solo or small groups to play by the way with that gem, what happened to the optimization, QoL improvements and and bug fixes of phase 1?? 

sorry that turned in to a bit of a rant but meh me and my company are done, time to move on to other games

Our entire company (32 people, and with this ridiculously small number already one the biggest companies on EU PVE) collectively uninstalled Atlas today. Last thing we heard on our way out is that many people in the alliances are planning the same. We, our company, won't be back.

This has been the worst communication from any development team to their community I have experienced in my 35 years of gaming. This has been the biggest bag of false promises I have ever seen in anything in any industry. Even in the low standards of the gaming industry this was way beyond anything that's acceptable. In any other industry, in many countries, this would even have been considered fraud.

I was so mad so often during the past months, I even wrote a kind of pain diary about Atlas, sent it to a major German gaming magazine/site, and they actually picked up on it, lowered the (already low) rating for the game, plus - in a current special on pirate games on their site -, they first added a big warning sign next to Atlas at first, and later on removed Atlas entirely from the list.

Now, before I leave, there's four things I long to say:

1. Regarding the patch: Nobody needs a new world map! And we get it just because the only remaining level designer was the last guy still on the Atlas team while the rest of your (anyway B-)team was added to Ark to help finishing the DLC - which turned out to be an overpriced piece of garbage, too. Company must be doing great! You already lost the Ark players you had briefly gained by the DLC (Steamcharts is our friend against your lies). All the while you sold out a true high potential game. 

2. Remove the "MMO" tag on steam. This game doesn't deserve the tag, not in regards to amount of active players, not in regards to maximum players per instance, not in regards to technical achievement, and certainly not in regards to persistence. And IF you call yourself MMO, then you should rather want to cut off one of your fingers than wiping the servers. (Also, stop calling your servers "network", it's utmost ridiculous!)

3. Jatheish as well as Dollie: get your asses out of the gaming industry, you are a disgrace and should be ashamed to even dare to call yourself community managers.

4. Your decision makers need to start learning, they seem to be insanely immature and unprofessional. It's okay to be fairly young, fairly untalented and fairly clumsy. But it's not okay to go into hiding when you simply fail to deliver. This Doug Kennedy, whoever that is, must be a spineless chicken shit.

We're out (and also won't read the fanboy replies on here any longer, so go crazy as you wish).

Our entire company (32 people, and with this ridiculously small number already one the biggest companies on EU PVE) collectively uninstalled Atlas today. Last thing we heard on our way out is that many people in the alliances are planning the same. We, our company, won't be back.

This has been the worst communication from any development team to their community I have experienced in my 35 years of gaming. This has been the biggest bag of false promises I have ever seen in anything in any industry. Even in the low standards of the gaming industry this was way beyond anything that's acceptable. In any other industry, in many countries, this would even have been considered fraud.

I was so mad so often during the past months, I even wrote a kind of pain diary about Atlas, sent it to a major German gaming magazine/site, and they actually picked up on it, lowered the (already low) rating for the game, plus - in a current special on pirate games on their site -, they first added a big warning sign next to Atlas at first, and later on removed Atlas entirely from the list.

Now, before I leave, there's four things I long to say:

1. Regarding the patch: Nobody needs a new world map! And we get it just because the only remaining level designer was the last guy still on the Atlas team while the rest of your (anyway B-)team was added to Ark to help finishing the DLC - which turned out to be an overpriced piece of garbage, too. Company must be doing great! You already lost the Ark players you had briefly gained by the DLC (Steamcharts is our friend against your lies). All the while you sold out a true high potential game. 

2. Remove the "MMO" tag on steam. This game doesn't deserve the tag, not in regards to amount of active players, not in regards to maximum players per instance, not in regards to technical achievement, and certainly not in regards to persistence. And IF you call yourself MMO, then you should rather want to cut off one of your fingers than wiping the servers. (Also, stop calling your servers "network", it's utmost ridiculous!)

3. Jatheish as well as Dollie: get your asses out of the gaming industry, you are a disgrace and should be ashamed to even dare to call yourself community managers.

4. Your decision makers need to start learning, they seem to be insanely immature and unprofessional. It's okay to be fairly young, fairly untalented and fairly clumsy. But it's not okay to go into hiding when you simply fail to deliver. This Doug Kennedy, whoever that is, must be a spineless chicken shit.

We're out (and also won't read the fanboy replies on here any longer, so go crazy as you wish).

• Like 2

Whenever I try to like a critical comment it tells me page not found. Is not even the forum working for this game or are you rigging?

19 people in my company,  you've just about lost us by ignoring the game for ark.  Now, You're getting rid of Gorgons Gaze?  We're gone. 

I totally understand the game being in EA, but seriously ignoring the community for months?  Only to come back to tell us we've been grinding for nothing... that's awesome.